• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton, Kinsler, Cruz, Napoli.................

i'm all for re-signing all of them but what wins games? the answer has always been pitching, pitching and more pitching. the last 2 years the Rangers won behind good pitching and a deep bullpen with the added strength of a powerful hitting team behind them but both times they ran into a team with a better pitching staff in the WS they got beaten down. at a time following those 2 lost WS when you would think the Rangers would be concentrating on making the pitching staff stronger they seem to be taking a step backwards.

anyone who believes that losing CJ and, right this moment, going into the season with Holland, Lewis, Ogando, Harrison & Feliz/Feldman is an upgrade is dreaming.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is, we're better than a 96 win team. We had a lot of key guys miss a lot of games last year. We could have easily won 105 games(maybe more) last year if we had stayed healthy and we had Adams from the beginning. These two signings by the Angels doesn't do that much to close such a big gap.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thing is, we're better than a 96 win team. We had a lot of key guys miss a lot of games last year. We could have easily won 105 games(maybe more) last year if we had stayed healthy and we had Adams from the beginning. These two signings by the Angels doesn't do that much to close such a big gap.

Oh come on. The starting rotation made over 150 starts last year (might have been 158). The offense had injuries yes, but that was never going to bring this team down. The pitching staff was remarkably healthy, something I doubt we will see again anytime soon. Arms typically break down at some point.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first starting season was similar to Ogando's. Let Ogando stretch out more, and I'd like to see what he can do.

Again, I'm not scared to roll in with a rotation of

Lewis
Ogando
Holland
Harrison
Feliz/Feldman

glad to hear you're not afraid but i am. after 40 years of watching this team suck i finally get to see them winning and now i think they are taking a major step backwards.

but maybe the reason they didn't chase CJ is they're saving that money to go after Darvish because it probably will take an opening bid of 40-50M just to talk to him and then another 35-45M to sign him.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm all for re-signing all of them but what wins games? the answer has always been pitching, pitching and more pitching. the last 2 years the Rangers won behind good pitching and a deep bullpen with the added strength of a powerful hitting team behind them but both times they ran into a team with a better pitching staff in the WS they got beaten down. at a time following those 2 lost WS when you would think the Rangers would be concentrating on making the pitching staff stronger they seem to be taking a step backwards.

anyone who believes that losing CJ and, right this moment, going into the season with Holland, Lewis, Ogando, Harrison & Feliz/Feldman is an upgrade is dreaming.

And now the Angels will have the best rotation in the West regardless of what the Rangers do with CJ on board. That's what makes it so sickening.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you twits wanted to just CJ walk in the WS last year? A lot of you that are bitching and moaning now. Sorry I'm taking what you guys say with a grain of salt.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
angels are saying they aint trading anyone..trumbo can dh/3rd....wonder what they plan for kendry????

People on this board are just trying to keep their chin up and spin this in a positive direction. They aren't trading anyone unless they get a clear upgrade at a position of need ala the Trumbo for Bailey proposal earlier in the thread. They don't have to. They have the money to pay everybody. Plus they lose a couple of huge contracts after next season in Abreu and Hunter. That is close to 30 mil. I am not seeing anything positive about this at all.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many of you twits wanted to just CJ walk in the WS last year? A lot of you that are bitching and moaning now. Sorry I'm taking what you guys say with a grain of salt.

It's the same people who are trying to sell this as no big deal. I don't think anyone was for 5-6 years at $90-120 million, but 5 for $77.5 to the Angels???? You're telling me that that isn't worth matching to keep him away from your chief rival alone?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same people who are trying to sell this as no big deal. I don't think anyone was for 5-6 years at $90-120 million, but 5 for $77.5 to the Angels???? You're telling me that that isn't worth matching to keep him away from your chief rival alone?

That's what I don't understand. That's what makes me think they've got something working.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it does when one of the players was a guy who won 16 games and pitched 200+ innings for us and we're replacing him with a guy (Neftali Feliz) who has never started a game in the majors and has never thrown more than 70 innings in the majors or with a guy (Scott Feldman) who has only thrown 172 innings the last 2 years. maybe between them we might match Ogando's or Lewis' totals from last year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does when one of the players was a guy who won 16 games and pitched 200+ innings for us and we're replacing him with a guy (Neftali Feliz) who has never started a game in the majors and has never thrown more than 70 innings in the majors or with a guy (Scott Feldman) who has only thrown 172 innings the last 2 years. maybe between them we might match Ogando's or Lewis' totals from last year

Yes! You're right. Wilson was the heart and soul of this team and without him they'll fall back into baseball irrelevancy. You're right okay.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. The starting rotation made over 150 starts last year (might have been 158). The offense had injuries yes, but that was never going to bring this team down. The pitching staff was remarkably healthy, something I doubt we will see again anytime soon. Arms typically break down at some point.

Cruz, Ham, & Beltre missed a combined 117 games. Napoli only played in 113 games. You really think if we have all 4 of those guys play 150+ games that we're not at the very least, a 100 win team? Also not having Nefty for a good chunk and Feldman being out most of the year hurt pretty bad too. People seem to have already forgotten when our bullpen consisted of guys like Rhodes, Bush, Strop, Tomko, Kirkman, etc.