• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not trying to say that the angels are going to kick our ass if we dont do anything ,it will be a close race(hopefully) but i dont want the FO to sit on their hands while everyone gets better.....some people think we will be fine and we can wait.....i say strike now while we have this team together......is hamilton going to get injured next year(likely),is cruz going to blow out is hammys, is elvis going to grow more,can holland lead a staff????,can feldman start again????.........what happens when this team is down in 3 years and those prospects we waited on turns out cant play......

I heard one spitballing rumor that Texas could sign Fielder, then turn around and trade Hamilton. THAT would be doing something! Tell me we couldn't get pretty much any pitcher in the majors right now with a deal headlining Hamilton. We would have signed a big bat to replace him...so that would be making a splash like some of you want. Get a big bat, then trade a soon to be very expensive bat for a front line pitcher.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why we say "win when you get there!"

Unfortunately, this team has failed twice..... in a row.

And got rid of a guy that got us 9 losses and only 1 win in that "in a row"

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are getting $100M more per year from the TV deal. That is big money, but doesn't mean they have to spend all of it for the next 5 years in the first 3 months of signing the deal. In 2017 they will still be spending a good chunk their yearly TV intake on the guys they signed today. You don't think they will have more holes open in the next 5 years?

Texas will spend the money, but they won't let a rival determine how or when they spend it. Remember that LAA has no options in their minors. Texas does. Texas has a LOAD of money and a spoil of riches in the minors. We can still do anything we want.

Some of you are sitting here on DECEMBER EIGHTH saying that 2012 is over because LAA just signed two big names. There are still 4 months before ST, so lets just chill for a minute.

well it sure isnt looking good......

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay, we'll just to wait and see. but they were missing a couple of players most of the season and they still had enough offense to win 86 games. they've added a pitcher who should give them +6 games over what they had last year, Santana will be better next season and he becomes their #4 which takes some strain on him.

They played above their heads all of last season in my opinion.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard one spitballing rumor that Texas could sign Fielder, then turn around and trade Hamilton. THAT would be doing something! Tell me we couldn't get pretty much any pitcher in the majors right now with a deal headlining Hamilton. We would have signed a big bat to replace him...so that would be making a splash like some of you want. Get a big bat, then trade a soon to be very expensive bat for a front line pitcher.

Bad call in my opinion. Josh wants to stay in Texas and he is so important to the team and the clubhouse.

The marlins supposedly are not the least but interested in fielder.

Wait for it.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ive thought of it.....or keep him and try to move cruz/moreland and some prospects

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it sure isnt looking good......

Doesn't look that much different to me. There will be another shoe drop. My money is on Ervin being shipped out of LAA. Probably see an Ervin and Trumbo trade, or Morales will be dropped like some are saying. They now have too many OF/1B guys. Pujols, Trumbo, Morales, Wells, Trout, Bourjos, Abreu, Torii. Only can play 5 of them, and need one 1B and OF on the bench.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noooo not Hambone :(

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
angels are saying they aint trading anyone..trumbo can dh/3rd....wonder what they plan for kendry????

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes the best deals are the once you don't make.

God i heard that for years while the Rangers did nothing in the off-season and then did nothing in the regular season and we suffered thru season after season of sucking and now we have finally reached the WS 2 years in a row and now we saying let's go backwards and adopting the old "the best deals are the ones you don't make" attitude.

we can not do that but we have to be smart in the moves we do make

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God i heard that for years while the Rangers did nothing in the off-season and then did nothing in the regular season and we suffered thru season after season of sucking and now we have finally reached the WS 2 years in a row and now we saying let's go backwards and adopting the old "the best deals are the ones you don't make" attitude.

we can not do that but we have to be smart in the moves we do make

If the last two years haven't shown you these aren't the same owners and team as back then, then I can't help you.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buster olney just said....i wonder how weaver feels about the angels saying they couldnt go above 85 mil??? poor weaver :)

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An aging pitcher for $12M and a bad back and without trade protection, and a proven track record, will be better than 5 years at $15M and I'm sure at least limited trade protection.

I'm not saying CJ sucks, I'm saying that there are other options and I'm ok not locking myself into a $15M per year guy who will be 36 at the end of the deal. In my scenario Oswalt will be 37 at the end of the deal on $12M.

You guys are crazy talking about CJ like he's burnt toast. He had a bad post season, but that somehow means you forget that he's been one of the best pitchers in baseball for two years?

Sorry man, but that's just silly.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Texas didn't come close to LA's offer on CJ. They've got something planned. They've got to be planning on spending money elsewhere to at least not make it hard for LA to sign CJ.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy talking about CJ like he's burnt toast. He had a bad post season, but that somehow means you forget that he's been one of the best pitchers in baseball for two years?

Sorry man, but that's just silly.

No. We just know he's not an ace.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone has convinced me. The Rangers are clearly a .500+ team now and we will be LA's whipping boys for at the very least, the next 5 years.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the last two years haven't shown you these aren't the same owners and team as back then, then I can't help you.

Letting the two best pitchers on the market walk because they are afraid of long contracts? Sounds familiar.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Texas didn't come close to LA's offer on CJ. They've got something planned. They've got to be planning on spending money elsewhere to at least not make it hard for LA to sign CJ.

i heard they didnt even make him one formal offer...nothing not one offer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting the two best pitchers on the market walk because they are afraid of long contracts? Sounds familiar.

The two best 30+ year old pitchers in a very, very weak market.