• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we start hearing about Darvish?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these rumors are true then this really represents the worst case scenario all the way around, at least for me. I only wanted Pujols in the division IF he played for Texas, not against and certainly not for the Angels.

And lets quit underselling Wilson will we. I know that I said the Rangers have 6 guys that can perform as well or better than him next season and I believe that, but the guy put up bonafide ace numbers this year. He is a really terrific pitcher. Now the question is how long can he maintain that level of performance.

This is a really bad day if these things come to pass. Really bad. To me Darvish is nothing but a gamble. He may be great. I don't know. Rangers really need to get on their horse and go and sign Fielder. Rangers get Fielder and they are a 100 win team, easy. Heck, if not for the injuries they were a 100 win team last season. Problem is, the Angels will be a 95+ win team with these moves.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know some dont like the deal but this is baseball and at some point the rangers are going to have to step up and pay somebody a decent deal.....what was the last deal they did mike young for 80 mil

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier in this thread... Angels sign Pujols.... Rangers sign Fielder.

It would be a chess match.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at LAA being better than us now. So they now have a whopping ONE player in their lineup that's better than his Texas counterpart. Their rotation I'd give a slight edge to, as of right now. That could very well change.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They were missing more than one big stick. One bat doesn't make them world beaters. It makes them more competitive. The west will be a race now. Not owned by the angels.

Man. I bet ginger is pissed. Wonder if she called in sick today.

Well, a ten year contract is a long, long contract. Not happy at all about the situation but it is what it is. If Pujols doesn't want to play in St. Louis then he should go where he is going to be happy. I guess. I am not going to call in sick though. On 2nd shift today.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord bud. No one is forgetting what he did in the season, but damn dude. You guys keep talking about our home grown ace. He's not a fucking ace for christs sake! He's a solid #2. I hate to lose him to the angels but a 5yr 77.5m contract is pretty steep. Let the angels continue their habit of giving out horrible contracts. Its what put them in the slump they're currently in.

For a few years this will make the west competitive but don't expect to see the angels run away with it. They're going to hate that pujols contract after a while.

5 years, 77.5 is about right for a #2 and it takes away our most consistent pitcher the last 2 years. and sure they'll probably hate that Pujols contract in maybe 6-8 years from now.

and why do you think that it will only last a few years?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these rumors are true then this really represents the worst case scenario all the way around, at least for me. I only wanted Pujols in the division IF he played for Texas, not against and certainly not for the Angels.

And lets quit underselling Wilson will we. I know that I said the Rangers have 6 guys that can perform as well or better than him next season and I believe that, but the guy put up bonafide ace numbers this year. He is a really terrific pitcher. Now the question is how long can he maintain that level of performance.

This is a really bad day if these things come to pass. Really bad. To me Darvish is nothing but a gamble. He may be great. I don't know. Rangers really need to get on their horse and go and sign Fielder. Rangers get Fielder and they are a 100 win team, easy. Heck, if not for the injuries they were a 100 win team last season. Problem is, the Angels will be a 95+ win team with these moves.

I disagree. CJ didn't prove to me he can pitch against the best and win on a consistent basis. The angels are a 90-96 win team now. It means this will be a race. Texas can make one of a couple moves to get themselves right in it.

Sign fielder and trade for garza (my preference)

Sign fielder and go get Darvish.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels potentially putting together a package for A's closer Andrew Bailey... Mark Trumbo would be part of the package.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wells was a horrible mistake and everyone but the Angels knew it. Fielder and Darvish would do. The Angels are the team to beat now. Best rotation and comparable offense to the Rangers.

Give me a much cheaper PEna is we feel we HAVE to do something at 1B and Darvish, and I'm good.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington Metropolitan Statistical Area, a title designated by the U.S. Census as of 2003, encompasses 12 counties within the U.S. state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: Dallas–Plano–Irving and Fort Worth–Arlington. Residents of the area informally refer to it as the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, DFW, or The Metroplex. It is the economic and cultural hub of the region commonly called North Texas or North Central Texas and is the largest land-locked metropolitan area in the United States.[3]
The 2010 official U.S. Census real counts has the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex at 6,371,773.[4] During the 12-month period from July 2008 to July 2009, the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area gained 146,530 new residents, more than any other metropolitan area in the United States.[5][6] The area's population has grown by about one million since the last census was administered in 2000.[7] The Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington MSA is, by population, the largest metropolitan area in Texas, the largest in the South, the fourth-largest in the United States, and the tenth-largest in the Americas. The metroplex encompasses 9,286 square miles (24,100 km2) of total area: 8,991 sq mi (23,290 km2) is land, while 295 sq mi (760 km2) is water, making it larger in area than the U.S. states of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. It is also the sixth largest gross metropolitan product (GMP) in the United States,[8] and approximately tenth largest by GMP in the world..........................

i dont know about some of you but i get pissed when certain owners run us like a small market team....if you produce a winner the fans come in waves and have supported the rangers in lean times as well.....i just want to see a committed owner group run this team properly hopefully these new guys just dont talk about it.....guess im just blowing off some steam but the angels took a big swing at us today and we need to swing back if we are committed

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know some dont like the deal but this is baseball and at some point the rangers are going to have to step up and pay somebody a decent deal.....what was the last deal they did mike young for 80 mil

Beltre?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a ten year contract is a long, long contract. Not happy at all about the situation but it is what it is. If Pujols doesn't want to play in St. Louis then he should go where he is going to be happy. I guess. I am not going to call in sick though. On 2nd shift today.

I'd hate to know that my team would be paying $25M to a 42 year old and not having any chance of trading him unless he wants to be traded.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years, 77.5 is about right for a #2 and it takes away our most consistent pitcher the last 2 years. and sure they'll probably hate that Pujols contract in maybe 6-8 years from now.

and why do you think that it will only last a few years?

The Texas FO knows what it's doing. Texas may pull a fielder deal out of its ass. This feels a lot like the Beltre deal. No ones really talking about him and Texas has talked to Boras about him just to do "due diligence".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all we know we could sign Oswalt to a much shorter deal. Oswalt on a 3 year, $35 mill deal...I'd be ok with that. Gives us a veteran presence, a Texas guy, and a standup guy.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at LAA being better than us now. So they now have a whopping ONE player in their lineup that's better than his Texas counterpart. Their rotation I'd give a slight edge to, as of right now. That could very well change.

i know you believe everything you say whole-heartedly but you have to take off the rose-colored glasses and look at the true picture.

Wilson was the closest thing we had to Weaver and now he's on the same team with Weaver. they now have a significantly stronger rotation which will make their bullpen even better. they have 4 pitchers who can and probably will give them 200+ innings each and probably win 16-20 games each.

and their offense wasn't as bad as you are saying but it was missing one thing and that was that big bat at #3 in their batting order and they got that now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to know that my team would be paying $25M to a 42 year old and not having any chance of trading him unless he wants to be traded.

+1,000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people are pretending that LAA didn't just completely screw themselves, but Texas should similarly screw themselves so we can be as screwed as they are, because that's what it takes to be "committed" or "competitive". I'm so glad some people in this thread aren't running my team.