• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know you believe everything you say whole-heartedly but you have to take off the rose-colored glasses and look at the true picture.

Wilson was the closest thing we had to Weaver and now he's on the same team with Weaver. they now have a significantly stronger rotation which will make their bullpen even better. they have 4 pitchers who can and probably will give them 200+ innings each and probably win 16-20 games each.

and their offense wasn't as bad as you are saying but it was missing one thing and that was that big bat at #3 in their batting order and they got that now.

You really need to pull your skirt down and take off the doom and gloom glasses. Their offense was missing more than one piece or they wouldn't have been bringing up a bunch of minor league bats all year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people are pretending that LAA didn't just completely screw themselves, but Texas should similarly screw themselves so we can be as screwed as they are, because that's what it takes to be "committed" or "competitive". I'm so glad some people in this thread aren't running my team.

Apparently we're the only people in here not thinking the sky is falling. The angels may be very good for a bit, but they did screw themselves. They're at 180 million dollars in payroll.

I am gonna toss my Wilson shirt in the fire this weekend though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas FO knows what it's doing. Texas may pull a fielder deal out of its ass. This feels a lot like the Beltre deal. No ones really talking about him and Texas has talked to Boras about him just to do "due diligence".

i hope you're right. it has to be a smart move but i think they're looking at something right now. Miami will outbid anyone for Prince so i don't see that happening. so it will probably be pitching followed by pitching

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For all we know we could sign Oswalt to a much shorter deal. Oswalt on a 3 year, $35 mill deal...I'd be ok with that. Gives us a veteran presence, a Texas guy, and a standup guy.

So you think giving an aging pitcher with a bad back for 3 years at 12 million per is better than CJ for 5 at 15?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels now have $120 million tied up to 11 guys next year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you're right. it has to be a smart move but i think they're looking at something right now. Miami will outbid anyone for Prince so i don't see that happening. so it will probably be pitching followed by pitching

Pitching is what this team actually needs. But, pujols didn't sign with Miami for a reason. And I'm pretty sure it's because he knew they had a slash and burn plan. Fielder will probably see the same thing.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beltre was a nice signing, but now it seems like they are just going to sit back after getting rammed in the rear and do nothing. And what's worse is that that is the only logical option that they have now because they sat back and let the two best options walk while they twiddled their thumbs!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels now have $120 million tied up to 11 guys next year.

They just keep with the dumb contracts. Remember it's a marathon. Not a sprint. They're tied to these guys now.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not trying to say that the angels are going to kick our ass if we dont do anything ,it will be a close race(hopefully) but i dont want the FO to sit on their hands while everyone gets better.....some people think we will be fine and we can wait.....i say strike now while we have this team together......is hamilton going to get injured next year(likely),is cruz going to blow out is hammys, is elvis going to grow more,can holland lead a staff????,can feldman start again????.........what happens when this team is down in 3 years and those prospects we waited on turns out cant play......

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre was a nice signing, but now it seems like they are just going to sit back after getting rammed in the rear and do nothing. And what's worse is that that is the only logical option that they have now because they sat back and let the two best options walk while they twiddled their thumbs!!!

Sometimes the best deals are the once you don't make.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we're the only people in here not thinking the sky is falling. The angels may be very good for a bit, but they did screw themselves. They're at 180 million dollars in payroll.

I am gonna toss my Wilson shirt in the fire this weekend though.

lol at you having a CJ shirt to begin with :lol:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not trying to say that the angels are going to kick our ass if we dont do anything ,it will be a close race(hopefully) but i dont want the FO to sit on their hands while everyone gets better.....some people think we will be fine and we can wait.....i say strike now while we have this team together......is hamilton going to get injured next year(likely),is cruz going to blow out is hammys, is elvis going to grow more,can holland lead a staff????,can feldman start again????.........what happens when this team is down in 3 years and those prospects we waited on turns out cant play......

They have a plan. In Nolan and JD I trust.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think giving an aging pitcher with a bad back for 3 years at 12 million per is better than CJ for 5 at 15?

An aging pitcher for $12M and a bad back and without trade protection, and a proven track record, will be better than 5 years at $15M and I'm sure at least limited trade protection.

I'm not saying CJ sucks, I'm saying that there are other options and I'm ok not locking myself into a $15M per year guy who will be 36 at the end of the deal. In my scenario Oswalt will be 37 at the end of the deal on $12M.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats why we say "win when you get there!"

Unfortunately, this team has failed twice..... in a row.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go sit on a cactus. It was either that or Guerrero or Borbon. And it was like 8 bucks.

I rock the Nolan Ryan...for the mere fact that I'll never have to worry about throwing it in the fire.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a huge TV contract coming in just like the Rangers, except they spend the money.

They are getting $100M more per year from the TV deal. That is big money, but doesn't mean they have to spend all of it for the next 5 years in the first 3 months of signing the deal. In 2017 they will still be spending a good chunk their yearly TV intake on the guys they signed today. You don't think they will have more holes open in the next 5 years?

Texas will spend the money, but they won't let a rival determine how or when they spend it. Remember that LAA has no options in their minors. Texas does. Texas has a LOAD of money and a spoil of riches in the minors. We can still do anything we want.

Some of you are sitting here on DECEMBER EIGHTH saying that 2012 is over because LAA just signed two big names. There are still 4 months before ST, so lets just chill for a minute.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to pull your skirt down and take off the doom and gloom glasses. Their offense was missing more than one piece or they wouldn't have been bringing up a bunch of minor league bats all year.

okay, we'll just to wait and see. but they were missing a couple of players most of the season and they still had enough offense to win 86 games. they've added a pitcher who should give them +6 games over what they had last year, Santana will be better next season and he becomes their #4 which takes some strain on him.