• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marlins offered 275 mil.....guess pujols really wanted that no trade clause

Or he saw the turn and burn strategy they are lining up.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe that can be said about everyone in this thread?

Both sides of the coin.....the "stay put" side and the "sky is falling" side.

All we can do (as fans) is sit back and watch what unfolds... :shrug:

I don't think the sky is falling at all. Rangers can still win 95+ games this year. Unfortunately, so can the Angels. Having the Angels improve this much in this short of a time span is definitely disconcerting but the last time I checked the Rangers are the defending division and American League Champions. They won't slink off with their tails between their legs but the Angels are going to be very good.

The only solace I take in this is that Pujols is a double play machine and has been injury prone lately. Nobody is guaranteed anything in sport so we have to watch the games and hope for the best. I'd like to see the Rangers sign Fielder but they aren't in dire need or anything like that. Still a very dynamic club.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, and Angels are in a different tier. And they have been for several seasons now. It is the economics of baseball. And its just plain wrong.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he saw the turn and burn strategy they are lining up.

There has to be something to that. People just cannot escape their past behavior and for that franchise it is what they do.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think anyone here is saying jus sit back. I think whats being said is if the rangers FO chose not to seriously pursue CJ they must have a plan. Sit back (see what I did there) and see what they do. I really have a feeling something is coming.

I'll be the first to eat crow if they are bs'ing with all this staying out of the market talk.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't have that crystal ball, and neither do you. I give my opinions on this board, and counter those I disagree with. You don't have to like them.

You're not giving opinions. You're pretending you know what the FO is planning or doing and calling them out on it. You don't have a clue. The rangers always seem to pull a rabbit out of hat, and based on the past I expect something similar this year. You're not offering intelligent opinions. You're crying like a little girl. Let's sit back and see what they do.

As was stated already. A bunch of people thought the rangers were done when they didn't re-sign lee. We all know how that turned out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be something to that. People just cannot escape their past behavior and for that franchise it is what they do.

Has to be the reason CJ didn't sign with Miami.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're not giving opinions. You're pretending you know what the FO is planning or doing and calling them out on it. You don't have a clue. The rangers always seem to pull a rabbit out of hat, and based on the past I expect something similar this year. You're not offering intelligent opinions. You're crying like a little girl. Let's sit back and see what they do.

As was stated already. A bunch of people thought the rangers were done when they didn't re-sign lee. We all know how that turned out.

I certainly am calling them out. Not sure how that's not an opinion, but you're the expert I guess.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buster olney......yankees are unsure if they want to bid on darvish...kinda "lukewarm" reminds of of their interest in cj

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buster olney......yankees are unsure if they want to bid on darvish...kinda "lukewarm" reminds of of their interest in cj

I really think that is where texas' interests lie.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cubs saying they dont have cash for prince..and marlins said they arent pursuing him either...guess its just toronto/st.louis,,,with the rangers poking around maybe....no idea really

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cubs saying they dont have cash for prince..and marlins said they arent pursuing him either...guess its just toronto/st.louis,,,with the rangers poking around maybe....no idea really

Wait for it...

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love the Rangers not only to Go After Fielder but get Yu Darvish as well. This will Counteract what the Angels just did.

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not sounding any alarm bells even if the Rangers stick with what they have. We have plenty of talent.

Besides, weren't many sure before the season that Boston was going to the World Series this past year because of their off season signings? And, they were supposed to play Cliff Lee/Philadelphia!

Signings are just on paper. The season still has to be played.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does when one of the players was a guy who won 16 games and pitched 200+ innings for us and we're replacing him with a guy (Neftali Feliz) who has never started a game in the majors and has never thrown more than 70 innings in the majors or with a guy (Scott Feldman) who has only thrown 172 innings the last 2 years. maybe between them we might match Ogando's or Lewis' totals from last year

Two years ago the same was said about CJ. Heck, last season the same was said about CJ. "Letting Lee go for a guy that has one year as a starter?"

Same old same old. If some of the people that post on boards were running the team we would have a $400 million payroll with guys having contracts through their early 40's.

nexmex505

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And lets quit underselling Wilson will we.

Quit underselling Wilson? What, at all, has he done in the post season? While his regular season numbers are "good", at best, his postseason performance has be HORRID. Not worth the headache or heartache. Have fun in California and enjoy facing MY, Kinsler, Beltre, Hamilton, Cruz, and NAPOLI umpteen times a year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I'll remember us and fordman being the only ones with any confidence in a rotation that doesn't involve this guy

Massengill%2BCJ.jpg

Hell yeah. I'm not going to throw in the towel in what is basically the first week in December. It wasn't until January of last year that we got Nap and Beltre. The best moves aren't always the biggest named guys.

nexmex505

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would STL go for Fielder? They just let go Pujols who carried their franchise for years. Why then give that money to an someone who isn't as good and in questionable health?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And lets quit underselling Wilson will we.

Quit underselling Wilson? What, at all, has he done in the post season? While his regular season numbers are "good", at best, his postseason performance has be HORRID. Not worth the headache or heartache. Have fun in California and enjoy facing MY, Kinsler, Beltre, Hamilton, Cruz, and NAPOLI umpteen times a year.

Murphy's no slouch either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago the same was said about CJ. Heck, last season the same was said about CJ. "Letting Lee go for a guy that has one year as a starter?"

Same old same old. If some of the people that post on boards were running the team we would have a $400 million payroll with guys having contracts through their early 40's.

Oh how quickly people forget though.