• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they gave Andrus a day off which is why they started MY

Blanco was hurt and there was no need to make a roster move on the last day of the season, like I said a courtesy start, had that been in season, they would've found someone to bring in to play that game if it were meaningful

I'm willing to acknowledge Young's utility status as long as others are willing to say that doesn't include SS, they will find better options

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco was hurt and there was no need to make a roster move on the last day of the season, like I said a courtesy start, had that been in season, they would've found someone to bring in to play that game if it were meaningful

I'm willing to acknowledge Young's utility status as long as others are willing to say that doesn't include SS, they will find better options

hopefully they will find someone but right now i don't see anyone invited to ST that fills that need of a better option

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hopefully they will find someone but right now i don't see anyone invited to ST that fills that need of a better option

TEX didn't acquire Blanco from the Cubs until end of camp 2010 after they looked at a long line ouf guys starting with Khalil Green. Remember?

Long way to go before the UIF emerges.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEX didn't acquire Blanco from the Cubs until end of camp 2010 after they looked at a long line ouf guys starting with Khalil Green. Remember?

Long way to go before the UIF emerges.

Not going to worry at all unless MY emerges as the SS backup option, inconceivable!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not going to worry at all unless MY emerges as the SS backup option, inconceivable!

As you pointed out 2 pages ago ... Kinsler might be the better alternative at SS over MY although Kinsler's not played SS since three games at SS for OKC in 2005 before being Frisco's SS the year before that.

IMO MY's one game cameo at SS last year was more of a gimick.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you pointed out 2 pages ago ... Kinsler might be the better alternative at SS over MY although Kinsler's not played SS since three games at SS for OKC in 2005 before being Frisco's SS the year before that.

IMO MY's one game cameo at SS last year was more of a gimick.

Agreed

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Wilson offers reasons for his poor post-season with Rangers | Texas Rangers Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

CJ finally trying to excuse his crappy post season with the same old excuses you might expect. Did you really think the guy would come out and say, "I just need to do better next time."

Loved his time here, but I'm not going to miss his over confidence.

If I'm not mistaken CJ set a MLB record last year by being the losing pitcher in the All Star game, a ALDS game, a ALCS game and a World Series game.
He was a good Ranger, but I think we'll be OK without him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers and Athletics are "getting close" to a trade involving reliever Koji Uehara, reports Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News (via Twitter). The A's are known to be looking for relief help, with Uehara and free agent Mike Gonzalez the two names most frequently connected to the club. Texas has also been connected to Gonzalez and in fact have been trying to create payroll space for that signing by dealing Uehara.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers and Athletics are "getting close" to a trade involving reliever Koji Uehara, reports Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News (via Twitter). The A's are known to be looking for relief help, with Uehara and free agent Mike Gonzalez the two names most frequently connected to the club. Texas has also been connected to Gonzalez and in fact have been trying to create payroll space for that signing by dealing Uehara.

I would want something involving Fuentes or Balfour for Uehara.

Oakland is probably not getting Uehara and Gonzalez. If Texas wants Gonzalez after they trade Uehara Oakland won't be able to steal him away. Gonzalez has made it perfectly clear he wants to pitch in Texas and I get the feeling he's waiting on them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers may be looking to sign Roy Oswalt with the money they'll save by dealing Koji Uehara, reports Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. We heard earlier today that Texas is talking to several teams about Uehara, with the Athletics possibly being in the lead, and the Rangers could instead be planning to sign Mike Gonzalez once Uehara's salary has been moved. Wilson says the Rangers want prospects for Uehara, but could also look for a middle infielder from Oakland, with the A's preferring to deal Adam Rosales rather than Eric Sogard.
Besides rejecting a trade to the Blue Jays, Uehara has also used his limited no-trade clause to block another potential deal, Wilson reports.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers may be looking to sign Roy Oswalt with the money they'll save by dealing Koji Uehara, reports Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. We heard earlier today that Texas is talking to several teams about Uehara, with the Athletics possibly being in the lead, and the Rangers could instead be planning to sign Mike Gonzalez once Uehara's salary has been moved. Wilson says the Rangers want prospects for Uehara, but could also look for a middle infielder from Oakland, with the A's preferring to deal Adam Rosales rather than Eric Sogard.
Besides rejecting a trade to the Blue Jays, Uehara has also used his limited no-trade clause to block another potential deal, Wilson reports.

Another deal besides the Oakland one? Man they really want to move this guy.

The part about Oswalt is just speculation I'm sure, but I have no doubt Gonzalez Is part of this plan for Texas.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another deal besides the Oakland one? Man they really want to move this guy.

The part about Oswalt is just speculation I'm sure, but I have no doubt Gonzalez Is part of this plan for Texas.

agree with you on the Oswalt part. i think they have always had Gonzalez in their plans

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gonzalez makes much more sense. I think Oswalt is waiting just to see for sure they aren't going to sign him, but that would be the nail in the coffin.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
article.jsp

Is this the best picture they could take?

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
article.jsp

Is this the best picture they could take?

Sigh.... Image fail.... Go to the texasrangers.com homepage tonight and check out the picture they took of Adams. Maybe someone who knows how to use the internet can actually link it to a post.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh.... Image fail.... Go to the texasrangers.com homepage tonight and check out the picture they took of Adams. Maybe someone who knows how to use the internet can actually link it to a post.

this one?

430606.jpg

That one was a pain to link took me a minute. Had to "view background image" because it had others on top of it.