• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers bought out Elvis Andrus' three arbitration years, but assistant GM Thad Levine told Richard Durrett of ESPN Texas that the club does want to keep him beyond that.

They'll want to keep him provided Boras doesn't make things difficult. They'll keep Profar until they have both Andrus and Kinsler in long term deals. Otherwise he'll be ready to step in when one of them leaves (most likely Andrus)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've understood it, Profar may have the growth potential, bat and the glove skills to someday make a fine 3B as well

Really just depends on how he fills out

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all just sit back and enjoy the show!!! Man, it feels good to be a Ranger fan!!!

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to think about with Harrison

"...He did all of it despite having the lowest run support average among Texas starters per nine innings (4.99). He received three runs or fewer in 18 of his 30 starts. Harrison pitched at least six innings in 23 starts..."

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rangers bought out Elvis Andrus' three arbitration years, but assistant GM Thad Levine told Richard Durrett of ESPN Texas that the club does want to keep him beyond that.

And I see why the club would want to keep him especially if he can get his error numbers down. According to Fangraphs, Profar has heavy feet and they will get heavier as he gains weight. He supposedly makes up for this by his instinct to position himself though. He projects to be a better hitter than Andrus. I would rather have Andrus as a lighter hitter and better range if that turns out to be the case. It just makes the pitching staff that much better. By 2015 the TV deal will have kicked in so money should not be a problem to retain Andrus.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers avoided arbitration with outfielder Nelson Cruz, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets. Andy Slater of 640-AM Sports in South Florida first tweeted the news and Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reported last night that the sides were nearing a two-year deal.

Cruz filed for $7.5MM in arbitration, while the Rangers countered with a $5.5MM offer. It's unclear whether they settled on a one-year deal or agreed to a multiyear contract. The sides had an arbitration hearing scheduled February 17th.

Cruz hit .263/.312/.509 with 29 home runs in the regular season before hitting eight postseason homers and being named the 2011 ALCS MVP. The 31-year-old ACES client is arbitration eligible for the second time after earning $3.65MM in 2011. A two-year deal would buy out both of his remaining arbitration seasons, but no free agent years. MLBTR's Tim Dierkes examined the cases for Cruz, Adam Jones and Alex Gordon yesterday.

Now if only they could lock up Napoli....

...but I could see why they dont want to get into "long term" talks with him...considering he had a career year last year.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THURSDAY: The deal would likely be worth $15MM-plus, Grant tweets. Cruz appears to have avoided arbitration, though nothing's official at this point.

WEDNESDAY: The Rangers are nearing a two-year deal with Nelson Cruz, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports. Cruz filed for $7.5MM in arbitration, while the Rangers countered with a $5.5MM offer. The sides have an arbitration hearing scheduled February 17th.

Cruz hit .263/.312/.509 with 29 home runs in the regular season before clubbing eight postseason homers and being named the 2011 ALCS MVP. The 31-year-old ACES client is arbitration eligible for the second time after earning $3.65MM in 2011. A two-year deal would buy out both of his remaining arbitration seasons, but no free agent years. MLBTR's Tim Dierkes examined the cases for Cruz, Adam Jones and Alex Gordon earlier today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so next is ian and holland????

Hope so. Probably won't get a multi year done with Napoli as they want to see how he does after his career year before giving him his multi year deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Cruz passed his physical, and his two-year deal with the Rangers is worth $16MM plus incentives, MLBTR has learned. The ACES client had an arbitration hearing scheduled for next week.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THURSDAY: The deal would likely be worth $15MM-plus, Grant tweets. Cruz appears to have avoided arbitration, though nothing's official at this point.

WEDNESDAY: The Rangers are nearing a two-year deal with Nelson Cruz, Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports. Cruz filed for $7.5MM in arbitration, while the Rangers countered with a $5.5MM offer. The sides have an arbitration hearing scheduled February 17th.

Cruz hit .263/.312/.509 with 29 home runs in the regular season before clubbing eight postseason homers and being named the 2011 ALCS MVP. The 31-year-old ACES client is arbitration eligible for the second time after earning $3.65MM in 2011. A two-year deal would buy out both of his remaining arbitration seasons, but no free agent years. MLBTR's Tim Dierkes examined the cases for Cruz, Adam Jones and Alex Gordon earlier today.

If they gave him a 2 year $15M contract, why not just accept his arb offer? Sounds the same to me, unless you expect him to have another really good year next year and have his arb price go up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself..have I claimed to have inside Rangers sources or just disagreed with Senor Cut and Paste does? Big difference.

On that note I like to lurk over at bbtia some and you guys have got to read some of the posts by Ricky in Fort Worth. Guy claims to have all kinds of inside information and is always wrong. Also made some statement of the effect that he would see to it that Josh would remain focused and ready this season. Good for a lot of laughs. Clowns usually are though.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note I like to lurk over at bbtia some and you guys have got to read some of the posts by Ricky in Fort Worth. Guy claims to have all kinds of inside information and is always wrong. Also made some statement of the effect that he would see to it that Josh would remain focused and ready this season. Good for a lot of laughs. Clowns usually are though.

if posting rumors and reports and discussing them is wrong, tell me. but what else is there to do here?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if posting rumors and reports and discussing them is wrong, tell me. but what else is there to do here?

What does this have to do with my post? You're not Ricky are you?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read some of this guys stuff and it's off the wall. It's funny that you see his posts in the forum but hardly, if ever, see him comment on the the front page articles.