• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a previous post. For the reading impaired.

If Texas can't get what they want for him then maybe they should keep him and give him the opportunity to start the season on the ground floor. Let him ease into the season.

thanks for your usual negative input

Last edited by a moderator:

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers, Elvis Andrus Agree To Extension

The Rangers and shortstop Elvis Andrus have agreed to a three-year extension, Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports report on Twitter. The deal is expected to be worth $14-15MM and won't include any options. The Boras Corporation represents Andrus, who was arbitration eligible for the first time this offseason and had a hearing scheduled for Thursday.

Andrus had filed for $3.6MM in arbitration, while the Rangers had countered with a $2.65MM submission, as MLBTR's Arbitration Tracker shows. The 23-year-old Venezuela native is under team control through 2014, so the deal buys out all of his arbitration seasons and no free agent years.

Andrus owns a .271/.340/.343 line with 102 stolen bases (135 attempts) as a Major Leaguer. He has appeared in at least 145 regular games in each of the past three seasons and contributed in the postseason in 2010 and 2011. Andrus is an above-average defender at short, according to UZR.

I think that's a pretty fair offer/contract....

So Profar has three years to get ready to take over for Elvis :D

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for your usual negative input

How you got negativity out of that or ever came up with the notion that I was wanting to get rid of Hamilton is beyond me. If you would get your facts straight I wouldn't have to cut and paste for you.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding. Profar is at least three years away and this takes care of one piece of the puzzle until Profar is ready to come up. Then we can tell Boras to take a hike if he's his usual asshole self when Andrus hits FA. I would like to see a Napoli and Kinsler extension if at all possible before ST as well. Throw Holland into that mix too.

I saw Profar starting in AA this year and in AAA next year, and being ML ready in 3 years, and I find that a fairly conservative projection,

but it certainly allows the Rangers to ease him along in High A to start this year with a midseason promotion to AA, and depending on how that goes AA or AAA in season 2, and repeat if necessary

All in all, a good "problem" to have

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Profar starting in AA this year and in AAA next year, and being ML ready in 3 years, and I find that a fairly conservative projection,

but it certainly allows the Rangers to ease him along in High A to start this year with a midseason promotion to AA, and depending on how that goes AA or AAA in season 2, and repeat if necessary

an excellent "problem" to have and it gives Borass no leverage with the Rangers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you got negativity out of that or ever came up with the notion that I was wanting to get rid of Hamilton is beyond me. If you would get your facts straight I wouldn't have to cut and paste for you.

whatever Larry

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Profar is as advertised in a couple of years and the situation is right do you trade Andrus before he hits FA? I would seriously look at it considering who his agent is and maybe a couple of other factors...team record and the possibility that both parties are unwilling to seek a long term deal...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Profar is as advertised in a couple of years and the situation is right do you trade Andrus before he hits FA? I would seriously look at it considering who his agent is and maybe a couple of other factors...team record and the possibility that both parties are unwilling to seek a long term deal...

There's a lot that could influence that in the next three years, but it's a possibility.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot that could influence that in the next three years, but it's a possibility.

Even though payroll has doubled in the last two years the face of this team could still see drastic change over the next 3 years. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely, but you certainly want to trade Andrus with a 1 and a half left on this deal b/c the package for Andrus would be much greater if he has over a years worth of contract left as opposed to a year or less

The "hope" is that someone this year or next gets hurt (Kinsler, Andrus, or Beltre) and Profar is the best suited candidate to come up and get his feet wet, he shows something then you really consider Andrus to start being expendable

I would like to see how this kids bat plays up against ML pitching before I start deciding what to do with Andrus

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, but you certainly want to trade Andrus with a 1 and a half left on this deal b/c the package for Andrus would be much greater if he has over a years worth of contract left as opposed to a year or less

The "hope" is that someone this year or next gets hurt (Kinsler, Andrus, or Beltre) and Profar is the best suited candidate to come up and get his feet wet, he shows something then you really consider Andrus to start being expendable

I would like to see how this kids bat plays up against ML pitching before I start deciding what to do with Andrus

I'd like to see him play a season in AA before we crown him as the heir to ss.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all been qualified as a what if.... Just something to kick around till the 7 minute sex tape is bought and posted.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all been qualified as a what if.... Just something to kick around till the 7 minute sex tape is bought and posted.

Supposedly it's 7 Seconds.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly it's 7 Seconds.

7 seconds of iPhone video, over a stall. So it will be 2 seconds of something, 2 seconds of "what the heck..." and then 3 seconds of scrambling.

Sounds like an issue between Josh and his family. Unfortunately if all this is true then it could affect his head this season.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure thats the point I'm making,

That was only a hypothetical scenario in which I'm saying I'd like to see him hit some ML pitching before I even consider trading Andrus

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers bought out Elvis Andrus' three arbitration years, but assistant GM Thad Levine told Richard Durrett of ESPN Texas that the club does want to keep him beyond that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus gets a signing bonus of $750K, $2.375MM in 2012, $4.8MM in 2013, and $6.475MM in 2014, Evan Grant of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram tweets.