• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an issue of dsmissing him for me, its an issue of him not being a reliable player, not in his daily life and not staying healthy on the field

and for him to even consider saying anything like, "owe it to the union" "fair contract," AT THIS TIME (the comments were ridiculous before all this),

the Rangers should see him on his way somewhere else, the Rangers have been more than fair in their dealings with him and should be EXPECTED to consider his next contract in the most responsible way

Hamilton has set a precedent over the past 5 years and thats the light his next contract should be held under, not the player he SHOULD have been or COULD have been, but one with whatever natural regression there is EXPECTED to be

For me this means a contract with multiple TEAM options, safeguards, like voiding of the contract, against relapse, and safeguards (EASILY achieveable playing time incentives) against injury

Sure, I'd give him a 7 year deal, with a TEAM options every year after year 3 of the contract, playing time incentives for 120, 130, 140, 150 games, and the ability to void the contract if need be due to the failing of a drug test or suspension due to drug use

If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid, simple as that, I have no doubt he EARNS his contract of 20 million per season, IF he plays

This is exactly how it needs to be. Josh is worried about a "fair" contract and the players union. Well what about a "fair" contract for the team that goes over the top in its support for him, the team that accepts all your baggage and sets up its own support system just for him. Don't they deserve a fair contract?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to pour a little more gasoline on the fire but what do you guys expect to happen to Hamilton once his playing days are over? He isn't going to be performing at an all-star or MVP level forever and like every ballplayer that has come before him the team he works for will support him every step of the way until he no longer is useful. Personally, I think he just might end up like Ken Caminiti if he isn't careful. As stated previously, this dude needs to learn moderation and quickly or else he is going to wind up dead.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to pour a little more gasoline on the fire but what do you guys expect to happen to Hamilton once his playing days are over? He isn't going to be performing at an all-star or MVP level forever and like every ballplayer that has come before him the team he works for will support him every step of the way until he no longer is useful. Personally, I think he just might end up like Ken Caminiti if he isn't careful. As stated previously, this dude needs to learn moderation and quickly or else he is going to wind up dead.

This is what really worries me. My guess is if he retires a Ranger they will keep him with the organization in some shape or form to try to keep that support structure for him, but he will have to show far more self-control or personal responsibility.

Josh's problems show up when he doesn't have baseball 24/7. He'll have to face that at some point when baseball is no longer there.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an issue of dsmissing him for me, its an issue of him not being a reliable player, not in his daily life and not staying healthy on the field

and for him to even consider saying anything like, "owe it to the union" "fair contract," AT THIS TIME (the comments were ridiculous before all this),

the Rangers should see him on his way somewhere else, the Rangers have been more than fair in their dealings with him and should be EXPECTED to consider his next contract in the most responsible way

Hamilton has set a precedent over the past 5 years and thats the light his next contract should be held under, not the player he SHOULD have been or COULD have been, but one with whatever natural regression there is EXPECTED to be

For me this means a contract with multiple TEAM options, safeguards, like voiding of the contract, against relapse, and safeguards (EASILY achieveable playing time incentives) against injury

Sure, I'd give him a 7 year deal, with a TEAM options every year after year 3 of the contract, playing time incentives for 120, 130, 140, 150 games, and the ability to void the contract if need be due to the failing of a drug test or suspension due to drug use

If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid, simple as that, I have no doubt he EARNS his contract of 20 million per season, IF he plays

i wasn't aiming those comments toward you or romeo. neither of you have called for him to be dismissed but have called for the Rangers to negotiate a contract with options and incentives as i have while one poster, who reminds me a lot of LarryLegend, has called for the Rangers to cut all ties with him and others.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem is he seems to have an obsessive nature that makes it difficult for him to be able to maintain moderation without a support system surrounding him. if he stays with baseball after his career ends he will need that team to build a similar support system for him and i don't see any team, except possibly the Rangers, being willing to go that extra mile.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so once again you know more than a man's family, his doctors and the Plano medical examiner who all said that Tuinei's death was as a result of a one-time use of drugs.

Call it however you want.

I call bullshit. The Police chief is the one who determined it was a one time incident. Not the doctor

"Glasscock did not elaborate how that determination was made".

"What you had was a 39-year-old male, 6'5", in excess of 300 pounds, a healthy individual, took one shot of heroin and basically dropped dead as a result," Glasscock said during his press conference regarding Tuinei.

Nice try....but it's nothing more than one man's opinion that you have posted as medical fact.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it however you want.

I call bullshit. The Police chief is the one who determined it was a one time incident. Not the doctor

"Glasscock did not elaborate how that determination was made".

"What you had was a 39-year-old male, 6'5", in excess of 300 pounds, a healthy individual, took one shot of heroin and basically dropped dead as a result," Glasscock said during his press conference regarding Tuinei.

Nice try....but it's nothing more than one man's opinion that you have posted as medical fact.

but of course you know better. were you there? did you hang out with Tuinei? were you a member of the Cowboys during that time period?

basically you are expressing your opinion with no basis of proof so i'm calling your opinion BS too

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Rangers have signed Conor Jackson OF/1B and Joe Beimel LH reliever to minor league contracts with an invite to ST

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wasn't aiming those comments toward you or romeo. neither of you have called for him to be dismissed but have called for the Rangers to negotiate a contract with options and incentives as i have while one poster, who reminds me a lot of LarryLegend, has called for the Rangers to cut all ties with him and others.

I know, I was just putting my 2 cents in about how the Rangers and Hamilton should proceed going forward

The Rangers are the best situation for Hamilton I believe, they are experienced in dealing with his demons and he obviously has a comfort level here

I don't think the Rangers are trying to low-ball Hamilton so much as they are trying to make a responsible investment in a player that won't always isn't the safest of bets

As far as Ginger's comments, I think what should be considered is a required setting back of funds to continue counseling and accountability partners that is non-negotiable, for Hamilton's long-term safety and security AFTER his playing career

Maybe even a required trust to be set up for his 4 daughters, so there is no way if HAmilton falls off the wagon he would be able to mortgage his children's future on drugs and alcohol

The point is Hamilton's contract will possibly setting up a battle with the player's union and uniqueness in its setup

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers Sign LHP Joe Beimel And 1B/OF Conor Jackson (RHB), I think Connor Jackson is an excellent pickup if he can regain his form and Beimel will be a potential LOOGY to compete with those other guys we signed to minor league deals (Stetter?)

If Jackson can rebound, he could provide depth at the COF spots and a potential platoon partner with Moreland, plus he's still only 29

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I was just putting my 2 cents in about how the Rangers and Hamilton should proceed going forward

The Rangers are the best situation for Hamilton I believe, they are experienced in dealing with his demons and he obviously has a comfort level here

I don't think the Rangers are trying to low-ball Hamilton so much as they are trying to make a responsible investment in a player that won't always isn't the safest of bets

As far as Ginger's comments, I think what should be considered is a required setting back of funds to continue counseling and accountability partners that is non-negotiable, for Hamilton's long-term safety and security AFTER his playing career

Maybe even a required trust to be set up for his 4 daughters, so there is no way if HAmilton falls off the wagon he would be able to mortgage his children's future on drugs and alcohol

The point is Hamilton's contract will possibly setting up a battle with the player's union and uniqueness in its setup

i like the part about setting it up to protect his girls

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they'd find a reliable lefty for the pen.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a trade there's really none available

Mike Gonzalez is probably the best available but he's coming back from offseason knee surgery

This is why the idea of trading Uehara makes me nervous. The guy is outstanding against lefties. Yes, he was atrocious in the playoffs this last year, but I think that's because he just wore down. Use him as your situational lefty unless any trade brings back a solid lefty for the pen.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the idea of trading Uehara makes me nervous. The guy is outstanding against lefties. Yes, he was atrocious in the playoffs this last year, but I think that's because he just wore down. Use him as your situational lefty unless any trade brings back a solid lefty for the pen.

unless they get a really good offer for Uehara i don't see them letting him go even if they re-sign Gonzalez.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless they get a really good offer for Uehara i don't see them letting him go even if they re-sign Gonzalez.

supposedly they're shopping him to the athletics now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the numbers, Michael Kirkman is pretty lights out vs LHBs, but terrible vs RHBs, might be worth a look, push come to shove as a LOOGY