• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was an uncomfortable news conference...I feel badly for Josh, but there is alot more to that story that happened that night that was not discussed and I am afraid that this guy is on the verge of blowing up. I wish I could share what I have heard from a reliable source of what happened that night, but lets just say there is alot more to the story and this could get worse. :(

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to Josh's press conference that guy's account was total bs. There won't be a contract extension before the season is over. Guy really needs to come down off his high horse with his contract demands as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was an uncomfortable news conference...I feel badly for Josh, but there is alot more to that story that happened that night that was not discussed and I am afraid that this guy is on the verge of blowing up. I wish I could share what I have heard from a reliable source of what happened that night, but lets just say there is alot more to the story and this could get worse. :(

I would be very careful what you consider a "reliable source". I think there's a little more to the story too, but I don't think we're looking at a Ben Rothelisberger type situation.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very careful what you consider a "reliable source". I think there's a little more to the story too, but I don't think we're looking at a Ben Rothelisberger type situation.

Trust me...what I heard I really hope isnt accurate but he seldom seems to be wrong

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Hamilton sounded like contract talks were put on hold...

Oh, and the Rangers hired a new accountability partner for him....

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine I am not trying to make a believer out of anyone just throwing out there that there is much more to this story than presented and will get worse before it gets better...IMHO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Hamilton sounded like contract talks were put on hold...

Oh, and the Rangers hired a new accountability partner for him....

They haven't stated who exactly have they?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to have to hire some ex-Secret Service agents to guard this cat 24-7.

And what other team is going to put up with this? Josh needs to be happy with whatever Texas offers him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not really worried about Josh having four beers. From his version of the story it sounds pretty harmless and boring to be honest. I drink a ton of alcohol and I'm in better shape than most baseball players. I'll say it again, as long as this doesn't lead him back to drugs or lead him to getting suspended for any kind of off the field behavior, I don't care what he does in his free time. I expect some "but his past...one drop...blah blah" type responses, and if it ever gets to that point y'all can say I told you so, but until then I think this is being overblown.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to have to hire some ex-Secret Service agents to guard this cat 24-7.

That may be like asking the wolf to watch the sheep?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard on espn radio...that the rangers have decided they wont sign oswalt....he was unwilling to come down on price and was not open to going to the bullpen if needed

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not really worried about Josh having four beers. From his version of the story it sounds pretty harmless and boring to be honest. I drink a ton of alcohol and I'm in better shape than most baseball players. I'll say it again, as long as this doesn't lead him back to drugs or lead him to getting suspended for any kind of off the field behavior, I don't care what he does in his free time. I expect some "but his past...one drop...blah blah" type responses, and if it ever gets to that point y'all can say I told you so, but until then I think this is being overblown.

Overblown? yes more than likely

Bears watching? most certainly

People like Hamilton don't have the option of having just a few beers, but he is so closely monitored its going to be hard for him to do anything extreme

I would think the goal should now be doing things in moderation instead of cutting it completely out of his life, the temptation becomes that much greater if you "can't" do it

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overblown? yes more than likely

Bears watching? most certainly

People like Hamilton don't have the option of having just a few beers, but he is so closely monitored its going to be hard for him to do anything extreme

I would think the goal should now be doing things in moderation instead of cutting it completely out of his life, the temptation becomes that much greater if you "can't" do it

It's probably the embarrasement of ordering a Shirley Temple or a Roy Rogers when he's out with the guys.