• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds pretty clear cut. I wonder how the media got hold of this story?

Could've been anyone in the bar looking to make a quick buck. Wonder if there will be pictures again. I'm just trying to reserve judgment until after josh and the rangers make a statement.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it wasn't a big deal, but more of Josh having a drink and inviting a buddy up to join him.

My question during all of this accountability coach thing is where the heck is his wife? Should she be the #1 accountability coach? If I were drifting I would expect my wife to snap a knot in my rope in no time flat.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it wasn't a big deal, but more of Josh having a drink and inviting a buddy up to join him.

My question during all of this accountability coach thing is where the heck is his wife? Should she be the #1 accountability coach? If I were drifting I would expect my wife to snap a knot in my rope in no time flat.

She's got four children including an infant at home. I'm sure she has her hands full. Coincidentally she probably has gotten maybe a little too comfortable with Josh's situation.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton is having a press conference @ 1pm (at RBiA)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any clue whether it will be televised on any major network. I'm here in Oklahoma.

Might be on MLB or ESPN... other than that... I would suggest streaming it using one of the "local" radio stations... (the ticket, 103.3, 105.3 the fan, etc)

On that note...

Josh Hamilton, Inside Scoop From 8 People | Mike Dyce on Sports

I personally know 8 people who were there and I have talked to 6 eyewitnesses in depth of the events of that evening.

I’ve heard various different versions of the story some that match up, the one conflicting report I’ve heard is whether or not he was drinking. Some have said that he was drinking, some have said that their were “4 domestic beers” on the tab that can’t be attributed to any of the allegedly 3 people that were there. I’ve also had 2 different people, including one who was not drinking and sober that night indicate that Josh only drank orange juice.

Still, if he remained sober and didn’t drink, he shouldn’t be putting himself in such a risky situation with so much to jeopardize, for instance the large multi-year contract extension Hamilton and the Rangers were hoping to work out before spring training. It seems confirmed that regardless of whether he drank or not, Josh did not drive.

Allegedly some kind of picture was taken that would compromise Josh Hamilton in some nature, and the owner of this photo allegedly tried to blackmail the Rangers or Josh Hamilton.

All the questions about whether Ian Kinsler and Josh Hamilton came together or not seemed to be answered. I was told that Josh Hamilton and Ian Kinsler were having dinner at a different establishment and were being “hounded” and then elected to leave and go to Sherlock’s to continue having an evening together in a more private setting, removed from fans.

Josh while there supposedly also acknowledged to his waitress that he was an alcoholic and recovering drug addict. This is in sharp contrast to those who say Josh had a moment of weakness and called Ian Kinsler to reach out to him, who then came to try and remove Hamilton from the situation and “save him from himself.”

Another incident occurred that all parties I’ve talked to confirm with almost identical stories, and this is probably more the focus of the story as details continue to come out.

The second incident in question is that Josh Hamilton went to a bathroom with a woman for 8-10 minutes while an off-duty manager blocked people from coming in. I was told by everyone I talked to that this happened, and that it was consensual. He then supposedly ran out of the bathroom, onto the patio and hurdled the fence. When he hurdled the fence multiple witnesses told me that he hit his knee on the iron fence surrounding the patio area. No one was specified which knee it was. He then got in an SUV and left.

If Josh Hamilton did not drink, and this second incident becomes the focus of the story, this will be damaging to his reputation and image but might not be quite the worrisome situation that drinking would be. It definitely would be less damaging to his career as a Major League Baseball player and his new contract on the horizon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be cautious how much of that story I buy until after the press conference. If there were actually any pictures they will surface.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that story looks like its from some dudes blog

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been checking in on deadspin...... if anyone were to get them... they would have the pic(s). (or alleged video)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been checking in on deadspin...... if anyone were to get them... they would have the pic(s). (or alleged video)

Deadspin didn't release Josh's pictures until months after his last incident.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was calling you captain obvious....w/o actually stating so. :L

Ben & Skin somewhat just eluded to this though. (if anyone is listening to 103.3)

:csb:

Oh good for you Mr. roving reporter

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was calling you captain obvious....w/o actually stating so. :L

Ben & Skin somewhat just eluded to this though. (if anyone is listening to 103.3)

So about 3 people in the metroplex heard it? :happy: