• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so everybody wants to send feliz back down to the minors for oswalt......cool

cj/ogando took so long to adjust im sure feliz wont be ready until 2014 then oswalt will be retired hopefully :)

I don't get that at all. I don't recall anyone here saying we should get oswalt. I have a feeling we get him, but I don't know that I want him here.

Everyone is saying that IF we get oswalt, Feliz should go down to AAA.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that at all. I don't recall anyone here saying we should get oswalt. I have a feeling we get him, but I don't know that I want him here.

Everyone is saying that IF we get oswalt, Feliz should go down to AAA.

yeah been over this with romeo....all im saying is i dont want oswalt at the expense of feliz

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and while he takes longer than cj/ogando did most here think oswalt should take is spot???...thats what we have been talking about

if they want to sign oswalt fine then put feliz back as the closer

why do you think he doesnt have is secondary pitches ready right now??
he will throw what the catcher calls

he has secondary pitches but the question is can he throw them with the consistency needed by a starter? what if he can't, do you leave him in the rotation and let him get pounded or do you give him the time to work on them somewhere else?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some troll was proposing a trade for Morneau ... including Harrison, Moreland, and high prospects.

No thanks. I wouldn't do Moreland for Morneau straight up. The guy said as late as December 2011 that he is still having headaches from his concussion in July 2010. He's likely done. He wouldn't be the first baseball guy to drop in production after a big concussion.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah been over this with romeo....all im saying is i dont want oswalt at the expense of feliz

no one wants to get Oswalt at the expense of Feliz. i expect Feliz to be a fixture in the Rangers rotation for years but i also expect the Rangers to give him time to develop as a starter and if that means putting him in AAA for 3 months or so then they should do it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. You claim everyone wants to sign Oswalt and move Feliz to AAA. Then you post a bunch of quotes of people saying IF they sign Oswalt the club might start Feliz in AAA to stretch out. Sorry, but all your quotes had exactly the opposite effect you desired. Learn the definition of "if".

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oswalt is deemed healthy and the FO thinks he's worth the risk I would have no problem with them signing him. Let the coaches and manager figure out what the best set up for the rotation is. I like the idea of signing him, but if it doesn't pan out it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oswalt is deemed healthy and the FO thinks he's worth the risk I would have no problem with them signing him. Let the coaches and manager figure out what the best set up for the rotation is. I like the idea of signing him, but if it doesn't pan out it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Couldnt have said it better myself....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no one wants to get Oswalt at the expense of Feliz. i expect Feliz to be a fixture in the Rangers rotation for years but i also expect the Rangers to give him time to develop as a starter and if that means putting him in AAA for 3 months or so then they should do it.

... 3 months ought to be about when oswalt's back gives out ... so it's a perfect fit!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^this.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... 3 months ought to be about when oswalt's back gives out ... so it's a perfect fit!

So has his back been an issue for a long time or is It something fairly new? I have heard that he is completely healthy

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has his back been an issue for a long time or is It something fairly new? I have heard that he is completely healthy

Just looking at his innings pitched it looks like last year was the first time since 2003 that he hasn't pitched 180-200 innings. So it doesn't look like it has been a reoccuring problem on a year to year basis, but that doesn't tell you anything going forward for a 35 year old.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup that 3.49 era was horrible and 75 k in 77 innings pitched

that poor kid how will he ever pitch in the mlb with numbers like that

You need to work on your readig comprehension, I said last go round as a starter he had struggles with finer aspects of the game, no where at all did I say he struggled horribly

But a guy with his stuff should be dominating more than a 3.49 ERA at AAA

He had issues he needed to work out and that was never done, he came up to the MLs and has been a reliever since then, aside from a couple ST starts

AND I have been adamantly against the Oswalt signing since the first it was ever mentioned, in fact I was against trading for the guy a couple years ago for the same reasons

I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if Feliz ended up in AAA if he struggles in ST, Oswalt or not... I'd prefer to have him at the ML level and work it out

So get your facts straight clown

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just looking at his innings pitched it looks like last year was the first time since 2003 that he hasn't pitched 180-200 innings. So it doesn't look like it has been a reoccuring problem on a year to year basis, but that doesn't tell you anything going forward for a 35 year old.

2010: HOU and PHL ... no DL time
2011: PHL ...
-15day DL retroactive from 27 Apr 11 to 24 Jun 11 due to lower back inflamation (58 days out)

-15day DL retroactive from 5 Jul 11 to 7 Aug 11 due to lower back inflamation (35 days out)

58+35=93 days ... i.e. more than 3 months ... that is half the season

So I stick with my prediction ... Feliz might be ready about same time Oswalt's lower back strain returns.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its something thats bothered him for the past few seasons, it just wasnt til this past year that its cost him time on the DL

But thats not anymore reassuring for a 35 Y/O to have back issues

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the fact of the matter is if Feliz is ready to pitch to ML hitters, AS A STARTER, then he should be here

If not then he needs to start in AAA, problem is we wont know that til ST

But in the event he's not ready to go, you already have 2 fallback options in Ogando and Feldman

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is always prepared for the worst case scenario. Signing Oswalt is a great move if it makes our team stronger going into the season. Yeah, it's overkill but I'm all for having as much pitching as we can! Who knows maybe there's a trade out there that will land us something bigger that won't happen if we don't sign Oswalt.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD is always prepared for the worst case scenario. Signing Oswalt is a great move if it makes our team stronger going into the season. Yeah, it's overkill but I'm all for having as much pitching as we can! Who knows maybe there's a trade out there that will land us something bigger that won't happen if we don't sign Oswalt.

well said