• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

latest offseason news

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demoting Harrison to the BP to make room for Oswalt as #4SP ... is like demoting Cabrera to DH to make room for Prince at 1b.

the Tigers don't plan on using Cabrera as the DH, they will move him to 3rd. now there's a scary thought. if Al thinks MY is bad at 3rd wait until you see Cabrera there.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MY is adequate at 1st as a backup just as he is adequate at 3rd & 2nd & SS as a backup. if Moreland hadn't virtually disappeared after the All-Star break, MY and Napoli would not have seen as much regular season time at 1st.

i understand that you don't like MY and would rather that he be nailed to the far end of the bench and not see any time in the field or at the plate but he is still the most consistent bat we have and the team wants his .300+ BA and 200+ hits bat in the lineup and if that means he plays some time at 1st, 2nd, 3rd or SS in the world series Washington will continue to put him there.

the keyword when you talk about MY is he is the BACKUP for the infield positions

Love MY's consistant offensive potential but he is not a suitable backup at SS and only marginally suitable at 2b or 3b. Any UIF who makes the roster in his sleep together with Naploli will be better defensively than MY at any position he takes in the field.

During those 9 NL away games may be his only time at 1b. No sense risking results in AL games leading up just to get him to get him comfortable though.

If he's not hitting though when the time comes ... then it is all academic.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which opinions did you mean? Those opinions of yours that are of your own creation ... or those you just plagarize verbatim from other places?

so i'm the new whipping boy of this board because i choose to post my opinions and the rumors being posted on other sites. well if you don't like what i post then KMA

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the Tigers don't plan on using Cabrera as the DH, they will move him to 3rd. now there's a scary thought. if Al thinks MY is bad at 3rd wait until you see Cabrera there.

Telling Cabrera he's moved back across the diamond ... is like when TEX told Young he was going to DH ... right before it acquited Napoli ... and then told Young he's play 1b. At least Young got bumped around by Andrus and Beltre. How embarrassing is it to be moved by that Gold Glove talent Prince Fielder?

Oswalt has had a good career but Harrison has far more upside capacity in 2012 and going forward than does Oswalt. Moving Harrison to the BP to make room for Oswalt would be a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so i'm the new whipping boy of this board because i choose to post my opinions and the rumors being posted on other sites. well if you don't like what i post then KMA

I said it was a good post ... just suggested that you needed to put quote marks at the beginning and end is all. Or post the link with the text.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Believe what he is saying...is to give credit to the site/person....

EDIT: yep.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love MY's consistant offensive potential but he is not a suitable backup at SS and only marginally suitable at 2b or 3b. Any UIF who makes the roster in his sleep together with Naploli will be better defensively than MY at any position he takes in the field.

During those 9 NL away games may be his only time at 1b. No sense risking results in AL games leading up just to get him to get him comfortable though.

If he's not hitting though when the time comes ... then it is all academic.

can't argue with your assessment on the defensive aspect but it doesn't help the team if the utility player isn't also at least adequate at the plate too. and i don't think that Washington puts MY at any position just to get him comfortable there, i think Washington is comfortable with using MY occasionally at 1st, 2nd, 3rd & SS to give the regular starter a day off or 2 to keep them fresh later in the season, just as he is comfortable with using Napoli occasionally at 1st to give him a break from behind the plate which, to most, sucks because it means Torrealba is catching.

i know as fans we have opinions about how players like MY should be used but shouldn't we trust that the manager and coaches who are the ones that really know the team inside and out are making the right decisions about how to use them

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was a good post ... just suggested that you needed to put quote marks at the beginning and end is all. Or post the link with the text.

okay that's fine i never thought it was necessary to do that. it was an interesting view and i agreed with it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what he is saying...is to give credit to the site/person....

EDIT: yep.

posting a trade rumor doesn't necessarily mean that i agree or disagree with it. it was intended to centralize the news or rumors in one site (this one) for everyone's interest and response.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus scot you need to stop being so sensitive lol

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no problem so long as he says who its coming from, but honestly I dont care if he doesnt, its usually fairly obvious when someone posts something from someone else, its not like this is a term paper here

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from mlb trade rumors:

Cuban left-hander Gerardo Concepcion, an 18-year-old free agent, is very close to signing with a team, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com (story is in Spanish).

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't argue with your assessment on the defensive aspect but it doesn't help the team if the utility player isn't also at least adequate at the plate too. and i don't think that Washington puts MY at any position just to get him comfortable there, i think Washington is comfortable with using MY occasionally at 1st, 2nd, 3rd & SS to give the regular starter a day off or 2 to keep them fresh later in the season, just as he is comfortable with using Napoli occasionally at 1st to give him a break from behind the plate which, to most, sucks because it means Torrealba is catching.

i know as fans we have opinions about how players like MY should be used but shouldn't we trust that the manager and coaches who are the ones that really know the team inside and out are making the right decisions about how to use them

I'd rather see MY subbing in LF than SS. Same percentage of balls would get by him on the left or right in LF as would get by him at SS ... but with Andrus in front of him and Gentry backing him up ... fewer will either get to him and those that do at least will be held to singles.

And Yes ... all games where Torrealba is behind the plate ought to be when TEX uses Young and the UIF in the infield and just chalk it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from mlb trade rumors:

Cuban left-hander Gerardo Concepcion, an 18-year-old free agent, is very close to signing with a team, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com (story is in Spanish).

He worked out for the Texas FO. I'm betting they're the favorites.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the case then shut down the message boards and forget the trade talk.
If your best defense of MY is that he's adequate and he's only there because he's all we got then you are dead wrong for accusing me of harping on his defense because of my personal feelings toward him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case then shut down the message boards and forget the trade talk.
If your best defense of MY is that he's adequate and he's only there because he's all we got then you are dead wrong for accusing me of harping on his defense because of my personal feelings toward him.

For god's sake man he's a DH now and is called on every once in a while to play one of the onfield positions to give the regular player sometime off the field. and that might be extended if the player has an injury like with Beltre last year or if the player disappearance like Moreland did. MY will probably be the DH for at least 135 to 144 games next season so relax