• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Bills beat KC in KC already this year? Are the Bills afraid of playing Cincinnati in Cincinnati?

This is getting so sidetracked, lol. Nobody is forfeiting anything. The NFL is unlikely to have a fix to get this game played before Thursday. Trying to schedule two games in an extremely short week due to an injury is doubling down on a very bad look for player safety.

The Bills likely lose their #1 seed. Bengals likely lose a shot at the #2. The team that struggled with the Texans and Broncos back to back falls into a #1 seed. Shit happens.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giants aint worried about it

The Athletic's Dan Duggan believes the Giants will rest their starters in Week 18 against the Eagles.​

The Giants' playoff seeding won't change with a win or a loss to the Eagles after they clinched a postseason spot last week against the Colts. "The benefit of resting players is obvious. The Giants have nothing tangible to gain from a win, while keeping top players on the sideline will shield them from potential injury," Duggan said. "The benefits of going all-out to win on Sunday are strictly intangible. [Head coach Brian] Daboll is still in the early stages of instilling a culture that is centered on competitiveness. Treating a regular season game like an exhibition seems to run counter to that ethos." Daboll comes from a Buffalo coaching staff that regularly rested starters in meaningless regular season finales. If Daboll rests starters in Week 18, we can expect Gary Brightwell and Matt Breida to split backfield work with Saquon Barkely on the sideline. Tyrod Taylor would probably start for Daniel Jones, and reserve receivers like Marcus Johnson and Kenny Golladay could get extended playing time.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the NFL given a deadline on a decision?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you're starting to see it.
It is what I have been preaching t he whole damn morning. Just no one gives two shits if it is not affect them. You would think these woke, virtue signaling TV stations would find a way to work around this tragedy.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but your argument can swing the other way...stuff happens and life isn't fair - Buff shouldn't have fallen behind 7-3 and given up a TD on the opening drive....

Well every team is aware of the importance of their w/l record and that losses are bad. But none of them are familiar with the possibility that their 1st drive is the only one they'll get because that has never happened. So I'm going to reject the validity of that argument swing.

They were just over halfway though the first quarter. The notion that 1 drive each alone should determine the outcome is ridiculous. It would be like calling a baseball game in the top of the 2nd and awarding the win to the team that took a 1-0 lead in the 1st.

Their respective places in the standings should not be a factor in determining how to account for last night's game and it's frankly mind-boggling to me that there are people who seriously believe that it should. There are no good options, but that one is a non-starter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning what? How long does a charter flight from Buffalo to Cinci take, 15 minutes in the air lol?

:laugh3:

Had to look some stuff up but Cincinnati is 432 miles from Buffalo.

And it takes 3 hours to fly there. Did you know Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone suggested that Cincy forfeit that game.

The partial 1st quarter score has no impact on a forfeit, which won't happen unless the NFL decides on a Wed game that the Bills refuse to play, at which point they take the forfeit.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Had to look some stuff up but Cincinnati is 432 miles from Buffalo.

And it takes 3 hours to fly there. Did you know Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky?
Good old Hebron, been there many times for work.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting part of this is going to be whether Goodell appeases the TV people or the NFLPA.

The NFLPA is going to push for the game to be played 1 week from this weekend and the playoffs to be pushed back 1 week.
The TV people are going to say FUCK THAT and want the playoffs to start when they are scheduled to start.

Those really are the two most likely options. It means a game tomorrow....or a game a week from this weekend. My guess is that Cinci and the Bills better get ready for a game tomorrow and the TV people win the argument.
I don't disagree with TV being more powerful than the NFLPA (lol), but why couldn't they switch it?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think there's any chance they'll just cancel the game and make it like a defacto tie for both clubs?