• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Bills Part 1

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals vs. Bills. Big-time MNF match-up with major playoff seeding implications. Also a really interesting chance for two teams that might meet in the playoffs to face-off and learn a little something about schemes, match-ups, etc. Vegas has the Bengals as a 1-point home dog, which is pretty much close to a pick em. I don't have much of a feel about this game and I'm not sure how anyone could. There are a lot of unknowns about how these teams look vs. each other as we haven't faced them with Burrow at QB and when we last faced Josh Allen he wasn't quite the same Josh Allen he is now. Our D was much different as well.

For some reason I have a feeling this will be a game that the Bengals drop.... But I also think that the loss could re-energize a team that has been sloppy at times the last three weeks as they enter week 18 (battle for the north) and the postseason. If we do end up winning it, I think we have a great shot at the #1 seed - That Vegas/KC game next Saturday might be a good one. Stay tuned.

Who you got?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I can see the bengals losing tonight and then losing to Baltimore and ending up as the 5 seed.

But then again, I had a relatively minor surgery Friday morning and have been in bed and on painkillers for three days, so my brain might be shot.

Its the kind of game that if the bengals lose, then they wont be taken seriously, and if they win it will be something the bills did wrong

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bengals vs. Bills. Big-time MNF match-up with major playoff seeding implications. Also a really interesting chance for two teams that might meet in the playoffs to face-off and learn a little something about schemes, match-ups, etc.

I obviously know absolutely nothing about how NFL coaching staffs game plan in general but curious if either team would hold something back in a game like this one. There's at least a 50 percent chance these teams meet in the playoffs with much higher stakes sometime over the next month.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both these teams got lots of talent.

if it comes down to Zac Taylor's brain and the goofy things he does, we lose, otherwise, it's either team's game.

Course, at this point, we might have to take a rain check. I suspect NFL executives will play the roll of the bad guy in a bit and tell them to get back out there. But there's a possibility they could play tomorrow, or Wednesday. or maybe they could add a week to the schedule.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good night. hope the kid snaps out of it. I guess if they got the defibrillators and medicine started he made it, but the silence at this point is very concerning.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweet says he got defib and cpr, was having issues breathing on his own.

my guess is UC will fix him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely suffered what is called commotio cordis, which is when you suffer a blow to the chest area that causes a cardiac event. Looking at the hit, Tee lowers his shoulder and hits Hamlin right in the chest area. Likely caused his heart to stop, which would have given him time to stand up before passing out due to no heart-beat.

Not very common, but I've seen/heard of this mostly in softball/baseball when a line drive hits a player directly in the chest causing the cardiac issue...

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kinda freaky that Shazier, Tua, and Hamlin's injuries all happened during a Bengals prime time home game.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can be hit and knock off a piece of plaque in an artery. this will plug the artery and cause heart attack. His recovery will depend on how much heart damage. It can be a bit of a fluke. I had one . full recovery.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can be hit and knock off a piece of plaque in an artery. this will plug the artery and cause heart attack. His recovery will depend on how much heart damage. It can be a bit of a fluke. I had one . full recovery.
glad you made it through

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMT's saved my ass. got some blood thinners in me. I was lucky. Had a minor collision playing softball....so I guess it was that. once you lose consciousness it's hard to get the thinners in you. 10 years ago. Happy new year!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMT's saved my ass. got some blood thinners in me. I was lucky. Had a minor collision playing softball....so I guess it was that. once you lose consciousness it's hard to get the thinners in you. 10 years ago. Happy new year!
Thank goodness you are doing well now jbuck. Blessings.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bart scott still hates us:

although I believe the NFL should require offensive players to train on blocking, tackling, and other techniques such as helmet placement, I don't believe that Tee would consciously target a safety like that.

so F bart scott

It was about the most normal play I have ever seen. Tee catches the ball, wants to turn up field, is about to get sandwiched between two defenders, decides to lower his shoulder just a little bit to get some leverage to push vertically for an extra yard or two. It was a freak accident, and not something I think the NFL need to plan on outside what they are already doing. They were Johnny on the spot. They did everything great.

I also don't think the NFL was saying prepare in 5 minutes. I think the rules on a bad injury is let everything get settled, give players 5 minutes to warm up and emotionally prepare and get the game started. I think that was announced because officials are following the current rule as it was applied, and this turned out to be more than a standard run of the mill injury that created inability to continue.

I think the NFL office is getting a bad rep for officials following the rules that were in place. I think the league did the right thing. I would have liked to have seen them cancel the game a little sooner, but then I heard someone elses reasoning yesterday which made a lot of sense. Make sure that ambulance made it to the hospital without traqffic, see if you can get a quick report that he will be okay or not okay, and be able to report that to the crowd and the folks watching at home.

Screw Bart Scott. He always hated the Bengals.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game will no longer be resumed. no winner declared.

Chiefs presumably to be the #1 seed if they win next week

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game will no longer be resumed. no winner declared.

Chiefs presumably to be the #1 seed if they win next week
Yes, but their are also a number of proposals that mostly are in place to fuck the Bengals. Most relevant being that if we lose on Sunday a coin-flip will determine where the Bengals/Ravens playoff game is played.

Katie Blackburn has drafted a memo to the league explaining that they can't change rules during a season for fears that it will introducer bias and specifically penalize some teams over others. She's likely right. Yet, here we are.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but their are also a number of proposals that mostly are in place to fuck the Bengals. Most relevant being that if we lose on Sunday a coin-flip will determine where the Bengals/Ravens playoff game is played.

Katie Blackburn has drafted a memo to the league explaining that they can't change rules during a season for fears that it will introducer bias and specifically penalize some teams over others. She's likely right. Yet, here we are.
I knew there would be more shit put in place to screw the Bengals. The whole season could come down to a coin flip, so you better play all your starters and ball your ass off on Sunday to keep from losing. No rest for our guys.