• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Had to look some stuff up but Cincinnati is 432 miles from Buffalo.

And it takes 3 hours to fly there. Did you know Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky?

.....think you found a flight that is a connecting somewhere else. A flight from Buffalo to Cinci is less than 1 hour. So a normal commercial would be about 1 hour and 15 minutes once time on the runways are factored in.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting so sidetracked, lol. Nobody is forfeiting anything. The NFL is unlikely to have a fix to get this game played before Thursday. Trying to schedule two games in an extremely short week due to an injury is doubling down on a very bad look for player safety.

The Bills likely lose their #1 seed. Bengals likely lose a shot at the #2. The team that struggled with the Texans and Broncos back to back falls into a #1 seed. Shit happens.
You play week 18 as scheduled.

The Bengals and Bills play the following week by themselves on Sunday.

The whole playoff roster of teams gets an extra week of rest except the Bengals and Bills. TV stations and NFL have to reschedule the playoffs with the pro bowl getting cut in favor of the Championship games so they do not have to reschedule the SB.

Problem solved. It also puts the Bengals and Bills at a slight disadvantage because they didn't get time off like the rest of t he playoff teams unless you count last night as their off week.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....think you found a flight that is a connecting somewhere else. A flight from Buffalo to Cinci is less than 1 hour. So a normal commercial would be about 1 hour and 15 minutes once time on the runways are factored in.
plus they own private jets so takes no time to get there:suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The partial 1st quarter score has no impact on a forfeit, which won't happen unless the NFL decides on a Wed game that the Bills refuse to play, at which point they take the forfeit.

You should be telling that to the person that actually suggested the Bengals forfeit. You do realize that wasn't my suggestion don't you?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play week 18 as scheduled.

The Bengals and Bills play the following week by themselves on Sunday.

The whole playoff roster of teams gets an extra week of rest except the Bengals and Bills. TV stations and NFL have to reschedule the playoffs with the pro bowl getting cut in favor of the Championship games so they do not have to reschedule the SB.

Problem solved. It also puts the Bengals and Bills at a slight disadvantage because they didn't get time off like the rest of t he playoff teams unless you count last night as their off week.

In theory, sure. That is a lot of re-scheduling (the entire playoffs) being taken pretty lightly though; it may not be feasible.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what I have been preaching t he whole damn morning. Just no one gives two shits if it is not affect them. You would think these woke, virtue signaling TV stations would find a way to work around this tragedy.
don't misunderstand me here, it's a sea of homers here, this is the latest merry go round thread.

It is a tragedy and any discussions on how the NFL responds with make-up, reschedule or forfeit was not allowed last night with a life hanging in the balance. Today, the player is a foot note to all this in this thread.

Me? The league is seeking the least path of resistance and seeking more info. about whats the public opinion.
Money rules

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be telling that to the person that actually suggested the Bengals forfeit. You do realize that wasn't my suggestion don't you?

It wasn't a reasonable suggestion by anyone. Wasn't it a Bengals fan suggesting it oddly enough?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. I just typed in- how long does it take to fly from Cincinnati to Buffalo and didn't see the connecting flight part.

I don't fly often. Last time I was on a plane was about 25 years ago.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning what though? No tie breakers are given for 1st quarter leads, lol.
Just as valid as their overtime rules.

In this case, both teams had chances and Buffalo scored a TD and the Bills didn't. They didn't know that was the end of the game, but shit happens.

Again, they already determine overtime with a silly variation on a real game. There is precedent.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with TV being more powerful than the NFLPA (lol), but why couldn't they switch it?

TV people have their schedules made. I would assume there is a penalty in the TV contracts if the NFL starts to switch times on playoff games.

And the TV people arent going to ignore a technicality that equals millions of dollars in their contract just because they feel bad a guy collapsed. Just not how the world works.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to read your post again - you said a contingency couldn't have been in place because they couldn't have foreseen this event happening. That is 100% false because:

A - You clearly don't know the definition of contingency - because that is the VERY definition: To have a plan in place for a POSSIBLE event or occurrence. So, no first impression is required for a contingency plan as you keep inferring/stating.

B - The NFL could have ABSOLUTELY foreseen a game not being completed due to the violent nature of the game, and the past history of injuries, including death.

So, you may have followed the game for 40 years - but your argument that the NFL couldn't have possibly known this MIGHT be an issue at some point is ridiculous and unfounded....especially since you used the word contingency in a manner that is counter to what the actual meaning is.

Never before have teams declined to play a game. The fact that its the end of the season and playoff implications are involved make it all the more complicated.

What is the contingency you would have hoped the nfl had in place for this situation? You're clearly a smart guy who's given this a lot of thought. While the league may have dropped the ball, you certainly haven't. What's the solution that the league missed? Are you sure there isn't a resolution in place already?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I just typed in- how long does it take to fly from Cincinnati to Buffalo and didn't see the connecting flight part.

I don't fly often. Last time I was on a plane was about 25 years ago.

Seriously, a connecting flight between Buffalo and Cinci? That would be ridiculous. It's 400 miles, about 6.5 hours to drive. The teams use chartered flights anyway.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a reasonable suggestion by anyone. Wasn't it a Bengals fan suggesting it oddly enough?
That was me being facetious this morning and I think people got that, I think. And then someone else must have thought it was a good idea and mentioned it later. PS..It is a terrible f'n idea.