• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as valid as their overtime rules.

In this case, both teams had chances and Buffalo scored a TD and the Bills didn't. They didn't know that was the end of the game, but shit happens.

Again, they already determine overtime with a silly variation on a real game. There is precedent.

LOL, you can't move the goalposts after the game is started. There is no way a partial 1st quarter would be deemed an accepted outcome.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me being facetious this morning and I think people got that, I think. And then someone else must have thought it was a good idea and mentioned it later. PS..It is a terrible f'n idea.

That's what I thought, lol.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solution is week 17 doesn’t count for all teams
Finally a smart decision that helps the Eagles!
Saints lose a win and our draft pick gets better.
Eagles lose a loss.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This true? If so, Bart Scott needs to go:

This is about as shitty of a take as all the people that were piling on Skip. He said something to the effect that he was worried about Higgins' headspace, since he was involved in the collision.

EDIT: Never mind, that was someone else's take. Scott is talking about Tee lowering his helmet? Bad take altogether...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as valid as their overtime rules.

In this case, both teams had chances and Buffalo scored a TD and the Bills didn't. They didn't know that was the end of the game, but shit happens.

Again, they already determine overtime with a silly variation on a real game. There is precedent.

No there isn't. Those OT rules were in place before the game was played, not pulled out of someone's ass on the fly after the fact. If anyone suggested they change a rule to allow for assigning a winner based upon 1 initial 1st quarter drive they'd be laughed out of the room, because it's stupid af...

..but of course this is the internet where nobody gets laughed out of the room no matter how absurd their statements... so please carry on because it's not as if we can stop you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a reasonable suggestion by anyone. Wasn't it a Bengals fan suggesting it oddly enough?

Who said it was reasonable? Very strange you wanna keep this going.

The person that suggested a forfeit doesn't have the Bengals listed as a favorite team. They have the Yankees, Jets and Giants listed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it was reasonable? Very strange you wanna keep this going.

The person that suggested a forfeit doesn't have the Bengals listed as a favorite team. They have the Yankees, Jets and Giants listed.

Crash had mentioned it earlier, as he noted a few posts up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't misunderstand me here, it's a sea of homers here, this is the latest merry go round thread.

It is a tragedy and any discussions on how the NFL responds with make-up, reschedule or forfeit was not allowed last night with a life hanging in the balance. Today, the player is a foot note to all this in this thread.

Me? The league is seeking the least path of resistance and seeking more info. about whats the public opinion.
Money rules
Is this discussion getting in the way of Hamlin getting the medical care he needs?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No there isn't. Those OT rules were in place before the game was played, not pulled out of someone's ass on the fly after the fact. If anyone suggested they change a rule to allow for assigning a winner based upon 1 initial 1st quarter drive they'd be laughed out of the room, because it's stupid af...

..but of course this is the internet where nobody gets laughed out of the room no matter how absurd their statements... so please carry on because it's not as if we can stop you.
No need to change any rules. If you apply the overtime logic to this unprecedented situation then you get a Bengal victory after both teams had drives.

Not hard to figure out, but of course this is the internet where nobody adds 1+1 and gets 2.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this discussion getting in the way of Hamlin getting the medical care he needs?
I'm sorry, the point wasn't directed to just you or moose.
Tell me again who is "leaving rent free" in who head?

ESPN lead the way last night and sheep follow.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, the point wasn't directed to just you or moose.
Tell me again who is "leaving rent free" in who head?

ESPN lead the way last night and sheep follow.
I’m gonna need to grab another coffee. I didn’t know we were transitioning to the senseless ramblings of Boomers segment of the program. Be back in 5.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash had mentioned it earlier, as he noted a few posts up.

Now don't start backtracking to cover your mistake.

You entered this conversation thinking I suggested the Bengals forfeit.

Instead of digging yourself into a deeper hole you should probably admit you were wrong in thinking I said the Bengals should forfeit.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to change any rules. If you apply the overtime logic to this unprecedented situation then you get a Bengal victory after both teams had drives.

Not hard to figure out, but of course this is the internet where nobody adds 1+1 and gets 2.

It wasn't OT, so OT rules do not and should not apply. They're called OT rules for a reason. It isn't complicated. Of course a new rule is needed in order to do what you suggest. Why should "overtime logic" be applied to a 1st quarter situation? That makes zero sense. Buffalo goes for it on 4th down if they knew that was the story anyway.

Nobody will be forced to forfeit. If the Bengals want a higher seed the way to do that is to win more games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna need to grab another coffee. I didn’t know we were transitioning to the senseless ramblings of Boomers segment of the program. Be back in 5.
you should...the Boomer comment has been your go to of late.
But Hey...I like it better than you are the victim here.

let's roll with poor kids in poverty, or racist.
Makes you look taller.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instead of digging yourself into a deeper hole you should probably admit you were wrong in thinking I said the Bengals should forfeit.

it was me who said it... But it was a poorly worded post...

my whole point was if the game HAS to be made up, and it is played AFTER week 18, and KC beats the Raiders... those a three IFs... I can see Cincinatti forfeiting... or at least not having anyone of significance play the game, which is basically a forfeit...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should...the Boomer comment has been your go to of late.
But Hey...I like it better than you are the victim here.

let's roll with poor kids in poverty, or racist.
Makes you look taller.
Coffee didn’t help. Pappy is still incoherent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said you suggested it, just questioned why you were even giving that idea pause. You're fishing for an extended argument, but I've got to go back to work lol.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, missed some posts on here and if already been said, apologies. But for all those talking about the disadvantage to Cinci and the Bills forfeiting the game and shit, what if the Bills are up 7-3 in the first qtr? Do you then reverse that and virtually lock up the 1 seed for the Bills while Cinci then is possibly knocked out of the division title if they lose to Balt next week. Again, no result is perfect but c'mon man, all these talking points are beyond ridiculous. Neither team was capable or willing to continue playing last night. It's done. Move on.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week.​

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bills released a statement noting Damar Hamlin remains in critical condition Tuesday afternoon.​

Hamlin is still in the intensive care unit. We are still hoping and praying that he is able to recover from the cardiac arrest he suffered on-field Monday night. We will continue to update Hamlin's status. We're hoping the next update brings better news.