• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

last 2 games, what we need

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d is playing great, but the offense needs to build upon this win. i'm hoping we don't revert back to the past few games where we seem to be trying things out. the passing game should have better timing, but hopefully it improves. seeing a bootleg in the red zone for an easy td was a nice change.

should grant replace brooks at olb? the guy is just too good to play only on special teams.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d is playing great, but the offense needs to build upon this win. i'm hoping we don't revert back to the past few games where we seem to be trying things out. the passing game should have better timing, but hopefully it improves. seeing a bootleg in the red zone for an easy td was a nice change.

should grant replace brooks at olb? the guy is just too good to play only on special teams.

No. He should be a special teams beast and the backup to both ILB positions. I don't think he'd make a good olb in our 3-4.
I do agree that we should spend these next 2 games working on redzone and goaline plays to get into the endzone. We'll need touchdowns to advance in the playoffs. The bootleg was a nice start.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he's capable of outplaying brooks at olb

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
want to give Alex Smith props for being comfortable back there. granted the protection was much better but still, he APPEARED to read the defense better and looked decisive.

yeah, some throws were off but in the big picture, things might be 'slowing down' for him?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To win and go 16-0 on not allowing a rushing TD

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want to give Alex Smith props for being comfortable back there. granted the protection was much better but still, he APPEARED to read the defense better and looked decisive.

yeah, some throws were off but in the big picture, things might be 'slowing down' for him?

it was better play calling. the offensive line cannot maintain a pocket for any qb to sit there and scan the field. 3 step drop and throw is about all the line can handle

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was better play calling. the offensive line cannot maintain a pocket for any qb to sit there and scan the field. 3 step drop and throw is about all the line can handle

I think you're really over-exaggerating that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 28th ranked pass protection says hi

Basing your argument on PFF's rankings of the OL is ludicrous. Even they addmited that it's a shaky ranking because they rate each linemen individually. We're brought down a lot by Anthony Davis and whenever Chilo Rachal is in the lineup.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
seemed to me the O-line played much better as a UNIT, i'll take it. expected they'd lose some one on one battles, so yeah they're not there.

as long as they improve on the protect scheme, cause we're gonna see good pressure in the play-offs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seemed to me the O-line played much better as a UNIT, i'll take it. expected they'd lose some one on one battles, so yeah they're not there.

as long as they improve on the protect scheme, cause we're gonna see good pressure in the play-offs.

Are we? The Packers are 28th in sacks and the Saints are 18th. The highest NFC playoff team right now in sacks is the Cowboys at 7th. Take Ware out of the game and they're not getting to Alex.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basing your argument on PFF's rankings of the OL is ludicrous. Even they addmited that it's a shaky ranking because they rate each linemen individually. We're brought down a lot by Anthony Davis and whenever Chilo Rachal is in the lineup.

doesn't hide the fact that pass rushers come unblocked. or the inability to form a pocket because of inside push from DT's. a lot of plays this year have been blown up because of the poor offensive line play.

if they were to come up with a qbr type rating for the entire offensive line, i wouldn't be surprised if we came in the bottom 5 or even bottom 3. i think the giants pff rating is ludicrous, but that isn't the case with our line.

the steelers didn't have their olb's, that made things a lot easier on the line yesterday.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are we? The Packers are 28th in sacks and the Saints are 18th. The highest NFC playoff team right now in sacks is the Cowboys at 7th. Take Ware out of the game and they're not getting to Alex.

wow! our O-line looked improved last night, but.....but.......wow......

btw - how do you 'take Ware out of the game? how do you take Aldon Smith out of the game? how do you take Babin out of the game? these guys are sacks leaders DESPITE teams knowing of them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
doesn't hide the fact that pass rushers come unblocked. or the inability to form a pocket because of inside push from DT's. a lot of plays this year have been blown up because of the poor offensive line play.

if they were to come up with a qbr type rating for the entire offensive line, i wouldn't be surprised if we came in the bottom 5 or even bottom 3. i think the giants pff rating is ludicrous, but that isn't the case with our line.

the steelers didn't have their olb's, that made things a lot easier on the line yesterday.

everyone here knows the O-line isn't stout, but you're blaming them 100% for everything? we know things are connected, but 100% is the O-line?

you're right about harrison not playing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone here knows the O-line isn't stout, but you're blaming them 100% for everything? we know things are connected, but 100% is the O-line?

you're right about harrison not playing.

you have to win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball