• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Johnson facing 10 game suspension

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wentz deal does look bad, but not because of Wentz himself. Rather it looks bad because of the preceding two years and the fact that Philly never drafted any offensive linemen after Lane Johnson, literally, which left the team with very little depth.

That was always the problem with the trade. Might even be better QBs available at our pick this year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Just saying I still like Wentz the player. I do think that if we had stood pat and, say, drafted some offensive lineman like Jack Conklin at 8 (which is exactly where he went), we'd be in a better position for this year. But when they made the trade it was clear that it wasn't about this year. The Eagles are probably going to suck this year, and next year as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little harsh I would say? Not sure if this is true or not, but it is on the local news.

Harsh? it would be his 2nd offense...in 2 years!!

It's consistent with the NFL's performance enhancing drug policy. 2 games for a first offense, 10 games for a second offense, 2 full seasons for a third offense. The biggest reason for Lane to fight this is to keep him away from that 2-season suspension. That's a career killer.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully expecting average years for the next 2 seasons. This team is being built for the future. I think in 3-4 years we're going to be an extremely dangerous team, and I will gladly wait for that. It's a process, which some clearly do not understand :scratch:

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. Just saying I still like Wentz the player. I do think that if we had stood pat and, say, drafted some offensive lineman like Jack Conklin at 8 (which is exactly where he went), we'd be in a better position for this year. But when they made the trade it was clear that it wasn't about this year. The Eagles are probably going to suck this year, and next year as well.
If they went in with the expectation of sucking this year, trading away their #1 in the '17 draft was the wrong way to go about it.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value of our "half" of the trade rises.

Agreed, but obviously that's information what was not available at the time of the trade. The value of what the Eagles gave the Browns has not changed, but what the Browns now have does increase in value if Johnson is suspended.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they went in with the expectation of sucking this year, trading away their #1 in the '17 draft was the wrong way to go about it.

My guess is they deluded themselves into thinking they could be competitive over the next two years, and perhaps they could if everything went perfectly in terms of health and development of younger players, but I don't think that is very likely.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they deluded themselves into thinking they could be competitive over the next two years, and perhaps they could if everything went perfectly in terms of health and development of younger players, but I don't think that is very likely.

Or they knew there was a fair amount of rebuilding to do but you can't let it appear that way or your ability to attract free agents is diminished.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully expecting average years for the next 2 seasons. This team is being built for the future. I think in 3-4 years we're going to be an extremely dangerous team, and I will gladly wait for that. It's a process, which some clearly do not understand :scratch:
It wouldn't take so long if chip didn't give away all our best players and draft shitty ones. Thats whats got me miffed. Fuck him forever.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do, and agree with you. And, trading what we did for Wentz was a fair trade, compared to what the rams gave up for Goff. the birds want to win as much as they can while grooming Wentz. After last night - he definitely looked like the real deal, as most of us figured. He will be the starter by next year, and hopefully SB will get us into the playoffs, so we can trade him for a high pick.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.... So true! It would be tremendous if Bradford could put together an excellent season. Teams are desperate for QBs. If he could get us a nice draft pick in 2017 Id be ecstatic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to trade for Bradford, please.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to trade for Bradford, please.

Teams traded 2nd round picks for AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb. We also got DRC in that Kolb trade. We also got a 2nd for a washed-up McNabb. If Bradford puts up a decent year he'll have solid trade value because of the position that he plays, not because of his talent (or lack thereof). One decent year without spraining your Vag, c'mon Sammy Boy!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams traded 2nd round picks for AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb. We also got DRC in that Kolb trade. We also got a 2nd for a washed-up McNabb. If Bradford puts up a decent year he'll have solid trade value because of the position that he plays, not because of his talent (or lack thereof). One decent year without spraining your Vag, c'mon Sammy Boy!
AJ and kolb were young, and teams thought they had upside. Bradford has neither of those, but i hope he can get us something back next year.

Is Bradford better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? I don't know that he is and Fitz sat out there all offseason with no takers.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ and kolb were young, and teams thought they had upside. Bradford has neither of those, but i hope he can get us something back next year.

Is Bradford better than Ryan Fitzpatrick? I don't know that he is and Fitz sat out there all offseason with no takers.

Bradford is only 28, not exactly old for a QB. Bradford has much better physical tools than Fitz, and a long line of excuses of why he hasn't lived up to his ridiculous hype as the #1 overall pick. McNabb was also old and washed up when we traded him for a 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bradford is anything more than an average/below-average QB, but I had the same thoughts about Feeley/Kolb/McNabb when we traded them. If there's one thing Roseman can hang his hat on is that he gets value for his players. Still wondering how we got rid of salary prison Byron Maxwell, and flipped him and Kiko to the #8 overall pick. If Bradford has a decent year, I can easily see us getting a 2nd rounder.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alex Smith Trade to KC continues to be in my mind the comparable for Bradford if he preforms good this year. Get 2 (2nd) rounders for him and the price for Wentz is not as bad.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on point;

After reading more of what Lane said as well as comments from others.......Lane is a FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was always the problem with the trade. Might even be better QBs available at our pick this year.

WOW. I was beating that drum the whole time. Nothing against Wentz at all... but why trade the farm... instead, when we could have traded a 2nd for a 1st the following year...and had 2 first round picks to trade up as high as we need... without giving anything up but a 2nd round pick and some patience??? It's called planning in advance. There are always other options in a following year.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on point;

After reading more of what Lane said as well as comments from others.......Lane is a FUCKING IDIOT!!!!

Why?? Wasn't the drug he used the first time, now on the approved list???

Wasn't the one he took now simply an amino acid that is not actually juicing???

The guy is an idiot to put his salary and money at risk by not sticking with only the most approved items... but it hardly seems like he is abusing.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? Wasn't the drug he used the first time, now on the approved list???

Wasn't the one he took now simply an amino acid that is not actually juicing???

The guy is an idiot to put his salary and money at risk by not sticking with only the most approved items... but it hardly seems like he is abusing.

He gained more than 70 lbs in college. Went from a QB prospect to an OT. How do you explain that? Now after failing PED tests for the second time in three seasons, facing a 10 game suspension and he's blaming the NFL?

I doubt he'd be on the Patriots roster after this. Do you think the Eagles are planning on him to be the heir apparent to Peters job at LT?