• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Johnson facing 10 game suspension

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think they want to suspend him, but that LJ is actually in the right and the NFL is trying to fix it so they can suspend him anyway.

If they think he's in the right, why would they want to suspend him? I'm having a hard time coming up with a motive...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making this thing go as long as it has is stupid ... the league needs to make decisions on things like this much quicker.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they think he's in the right, why would they want to suspend him? I'm having a hard time coming up with a motive...
i'm thinking that Lane is right in that he checked the app and it said it was okay, but the NFL still thinks he's guilty and/or that supplement shouldn't have been approved

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm thinking that Lane is right in that he checked the app and it said it was okay, but the NFL still thinks he's guilty and/or that supplement shouldn't have been approved

I think if that's the case and by the rules written, the NFL could just suspend him. The NFLAPA has already come out with a statement saying the app is just guidance and the player is ultimately responsible for what he ingests. And that's the NFLPA - LJ's side.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple fact that this has taken so long is unfair to the team, unfair to the player.

Goodell has bigger fish to fry at the moment.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fair thing to do, since this is a nebulous incident, is to suspend him for 4 games. Good grief, Josh Gordon is getting a 4 game suspension after repeated drug usage, over and over.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fair thing to do, since this is a nebulous incident, is to suspend him for 4 games. Good grief, Josh Gordon is getting a 4 game suspension after repeated drug usage, over and over.

Drinking alcohol and smoking weed is different than taking performance enhancing drugs. That being said, Lane's situation has some mitigating factors as to why he shouldn't have to serve a 10 game suspension.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL STILL hasn't clarified the Lane Johnson situation ... we're less than a week away from Game 1 and the Eagles are in limbo of weather Johnson can or can't suit up. I would bring a case against the league if I were the Eagles! It's totally unfair in regards to preparation needed ... at this point they should either reduce or disallow the suspension since the league has FAILED to review the appeal in a reasonable amount of time.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. It still seems like a minor infraction compared to others who can't stay clean.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen. It still seems like a minor infraction compared to others who can't stay clean.

Or those who beat women and children...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. they better explain why it took so long

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL STILL hasn't clarified the Lane Johnson situation ... we're less than a week away from Game 1 and the Eagles are in limbo of weather Johnson can or can't suit up. I would bring a case against the league if I were the Eagles! It's totally unfair in regards to preparation needed ... at this point they should either reduce or disallow the suspension since the league has FAILED to review the appeal in a reasonable amount of time.

Our front office has proven to be a bunch of pussies. They let the league get away with not giving us a pick for the Maclin situation as well.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our front office has proven to be a bunch of pussies. They let the league get away with not giving us a pick for the Maclin situation as well.

They also let Maclin get away for a few million dollars and tried to replace him with a WR from USC that disappears for extended periods of time. I can't remember the last receiver from USC that turned out to be any good. Was it Keyshawn?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if that's the case and by the rules written, the NFL could just suspend him. The NFLAPA has already come out with a statement saying the app is just guidance and the player is ultimately responsible for what he ingests. And that's the NFLPA - LJ's side.

I don't know what that means...

Does the NFLPA not know what supplements are banned? And if they don't, why are they giving guidance at all?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what that means...

Does the NFLPA not know what supplements are banned? And if they don't, why are they giving guidance at all?

The fact that the app exists is incredibly stupid. Why open yourself up to inadvertently advising a player that something is ok and then having it turn out to be the opposite?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the app exists is incredibly stupid. Why open yourself up to inadvertently advising a player that something is ok and then having it turn out to be the opposite?

Exactly... either you've worked with the league to make it accurate, or you post nothing.

Their statement makes no sense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also let Maclin get away for a few million dollars and tried to replace him with a WR from USC that disappears for extended periods of time. I can't remember the last receiver from USC that turned out to be any good. Was it Keyshawn?

And they also had no one tell Chip Kelly not to get rid of Desean and Lesean. But I was just talking about when our front office has proven to be a bunch of pussies rather than confronting the league.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they also had no one tell Chip Kelly not to get rid of Desean and Lesean. But I was just talking about when our front office has proven to be a bunch of pussies rather than confronting the league.

Yup. It starts with Lurie.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the league already suspended him and he's waiting for an answer to his appeal. A number of players who have already served 10 game suspensions are sure interested.