• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Johnson facing 10 game suspension

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the league already suspended him and he's waiting for an answer to his appeal. A number of players who have already served 10 game suspensions are sure interested.
No this was a rumor he was going to be suspended, but they hadn't tested sample B yet so the initial rumor was leaked very prematurely. If sample B comes back positive and they suspended him he can appeal the suspension at that point and due to the length of time before an appeal can be heard he would be able to play on Sunday as your suspension is on hold until after the appeal process is finished.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the "B" sample has been lost. That would be nice.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the league already suspended him and he's waiting for an answer to his appeal. A number of players who have already served 10 game suspensions are sure interested.

No suspension handed down yet. He reportedly failed a test and they're waiting on the results from the B sample, actually I don't know what the fuck they're waiting on, that's what they say they're waiting on. From there will be the chance to appeal.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he gets to play until the B sample is tested and results are back?

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so he gets to play until the B sample is tested and results are back?
well after sample B comes back if its positive then we go through the appeals process, he can play while appealing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a hard time believing he failed again. He has it in his contract and he doesn't seem like a dummy. I am hoping the NFL fucked up. That would be nice.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take that long to get results from a drug test. The NFL has dropped the ball and is saving face for whatever reason? I just don't see any suspension coming since this has been dragging for some time. Just my gut.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take that long to get results from a drug test. The NFL has dropped the ball and is saving face for whatever reason? I just don't see any suspension coming since this has been dragging for some time. Just my gut.
I believe Sample B is supposed to take 30 days .. thats what everyone has been saying.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sample B is supposed to take 30 days .. thats what everyone has been saying.

A "B" sample takes longer because they do a more thorough check for substances. I don't think it takes 30 days. I think it has the same time as an employee drug test and IIRC the "B" sample is a couple weeks.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "B" sample takes longer because they do a more thorough check for substances. I don't think it takes 30 days. I think it has the same time as an employee drug test and IIRC the "B" sample is a couple weeks.
yeah I thought 30 days was long but thats what I have been hearing on the forums and articles about the time table for sample B

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I missed the B sample result came in. His appeal to be heard during the bye week: Lane Johnson's appeal set for Eagles' bye week

He has a very low chance of winning this appeal. I'm not sure how much latitude the league has in doling out punishment here but the best thing I'm hoping they can maybe find an equitable solution, given that his first suspension is no longer as damning since the substance he used is now approved.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a very low chance of winning this appeal. I'm not sure how much latitude the league has in doling out punishment here but the best thing I'm hoping they can maybe find an equitable solution, given that his first suspension is no longer as damning since the substance he used is now approved.
I think maybe he might be able to get some leniency in that Adderal is now considered a drug of abuse and not a PED (hence why he's looking at a second PED strike right now, and not a 4 gamer).

Not 100% sure if the arbiter can make that decision, though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe he might be able to get some leniency in that Adderal is now considered a drug of abuse and not a PED (hence why he's looking at a second PED strike right now, and not a 4 gamer).

Not 100% sure if the arbiter can make that decision, though.

Didn't he have a prescription for adderall, which means he wouldn't have even been suspended for testing positive if the rules today applied back then?

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a prescription for adderall, which means he wouldn't have even been suspended for testing positive if the rules today applied back then?
He didn't have a prescription, based on what the internet is telling me.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone during the game last night touch on Lane and his suspension could be upheld for weeks. Also would you rather have him now or at the end of the season? I would say the end of the season because It is that time of the year that the team is banged up and could use a fresh RG. If the Eagles find a way to win, it would be great to have Lane back at the end of the season or the playoffs. Personally I am hoping he wins and we don't lose him at all, that would be the best scenario.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he rejoin the team today? Any word on if he will be active Thursday?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he rejoin the team today? Any word on if he will be active Thursday?

Yes, he'll be playing.

Asked how he could be confident Johnson is ready, having not seen him, Pederson ran down the right tackle injury picture: Allen Barbre is looking to return from a hamstring problem, might or might not be 100 percent, Halapoulivaati Vaitai the same, from an MCL, and Isaac Seumalo, who started Sunday in Baltimore, suffered a high ankle sprain that he played with.

"What else do I have left?" Pederson asked. "You know what I mean? I'm just going -- 'Lane, you're the guy. I don't care if you're X weight, you gotta play.' He's an athlete. I'm sure he worked out and kept himself in shape ...

Pederson says Johnson's starting; given injuries, 'what else do I have left?'