• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want LeBron to apologize for? Getting injured for the 1st time in his career? All the other injuries that got the Lakers this year? Or Magic quitting on the organization?

As a Celtics fan I really dislike sticking up for the Purple 'n Gold.

Some people just have their preconceived hate towards a player or team (and often both in the case of the Lakers and Lebron), so they ignore all common sense and blather on about supposed failures. EVERYONE knows this season wasn't going to be a final product, as the Lakers missed in FA other than Lebron and signed stop-gap players to hold their cap space over to '19/'20. Sure, they were expected to make the playoffs, but most expected them to be either a first round or second round exit. Injuries further held the team back, so a short playoff stay wasn't to be. OH MY GOD, HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!

tenor.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just have their preconceived hate towards a player or team (and often both in the case of the Lakers and Lebron), so they ignore all common sense and blather on about supposed failures. EVERYONE knows this season wasn't going to be a final product, as the Lakers missed in FA other than Lebron and signed stop-gap players to hold their cap space over to '19/'20. Sure, they were expected to make the playoffs, but most expected them to be either a first round or second round exit. Injuries further held the team back, so a short playoff stay wasn't to be. OH MY GOD, HOW CAN THIS BE!!!!

tenor.gif

While I do talk trash about the Lakers I think most that know me here know I have nothing but the utmost respect for the teams history. Magic to this day is still 1 of my all time favorite players. He just played for the wrong team.:D

And for anyone that thinks LeBron to the Lakers was just about this year is fooling themselves. As far as the playoffs I think had the injury bug not gotten them they would have been a lock.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger questions in LA have to do with their roster construction from a skill standpoint and whether or not they can come together as a team after a rough last season that i'm not sure they were on the same page as teammates.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger questions in LA have to do with their roster construction from a skill standpoint and whether or not they can come together as a team after a rough last season that i'm not sure they were on the same page as teammates.
The team should look pretty different next year. If it doesn't then your comment makes a lot of sense

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do talk trash about the Lakers I think most that know me here know I have nothing but the utmost respect for the teams history. Magic to this day is still 1 of my all time favorite players. He just played for the wrong team.:D

And for anyone that thinks LeBron to the Lakers was just about this year is fooling themselves. As far as the playoffs I think had the injury bug not gotten them they would have been a lock.

They likely would've gotten in, but not gotten far (especially with all of the other injuries that piled up).

I like to hate on the Celtics too. It's just a matter of being realistic though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They likely would've gotten in, but not gotten far (especially with all of the other injuries that piled up).

I like to hate on the Celtics too. It's just a matter of being realistic though.

I agree it wouldn't have been a long run had they gotten in. And all Lakers fans should always dislike the Celtics. It's part of what makes the NBA's greatest rivaly so special.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team should look pretty different next year. If it doesn't then your comment makes a lot of sense

You know my current motto for the Lakers. If it's broke don't fix it. I like where they are right now.:heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it wouldn't have been a long run had they gotten in. And all Lakers fans should always dislike the Celtics. It's part of what makes the NBA's greatest rivaly so special.

It's just like hating the Yankmes as a Dodgers fan. It's required and comes naturally, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know my current motto for the Lakers. If it's broke don't fix it. I like where they are right now.:heh:

I'm liking where the Celtics are too, poised for the same second round exit expected from the Lakers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just like hating the Yankmes as a Dodgers fan. It's required and comes naturally, lol.

Excellent examples. I'm not a fan of the Bronx Bozo's or Didgers. The Red Sux can fuck themselves as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking where the Celtics are too, poised for the same second round exit expected from the Lakers.

I blame all issues the Celtics have had this year on Kyrie. He's a helluva player but look what the Celtics did in the playoffs w/o him last year. One game away from the Finals. And I don't remember the record but the Celtics had a damn good record in games he missed during the regular season.

Like I've said before Kyrie's a follower, not a leader. He'll never lead Boston to another championship.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame all issues the Celtics have had this year on Kyrie. He's a helluva player but look what the Celtics did in the playoffs w/o him last year. One game away from the Finals. And I don't remember the record but the Celtics had a damn good record in games he missed during the regular season.

Like I've said before Kyrie's a follower, not a leader. He'll never lead Boston to another championship.

That should work itself out this summer. I just don't see him coming back. Celtics will need to find a backup for Rozier though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should work itself out this summer. I just don't see him coming back. Celtics will need to find a backup for Rozier though.

I have to say I'll be a bit disappointed if he returns. I wasn't happy when they got him in the 1st place. But I do expect so roster moves this summer from them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I'll be a bit disappointed if he returns. I wasn't happy when they got him in the 1st place. But I do expect so roster moves this summer from them.

If they still pursue a trade for AD, they'll have a TON of holes to fill.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they still pursue a trade for AD, they'll have a TON of holes to fill.

I don't see AD going to Boston. And I think it would be too much of gamble for a 1 year rental if he's not willing to sign a long term contract. N.O. would want a lot in return. Now if it's just Kyrie for AD I say hell yeah. But that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see AD going to Boston. And I think it would be too much of gamble for a 1 year rental if he's not willing to sign a long term contract. N.O. would want a lot in return. Now if it's just Kyrie for AD I say hell yeah. But that's nothing more than wishful thinking.

That ship has sailed. It would have to be a S&T, and I doubt New Orleans without AD is on Kyrie's destination list.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

So not making the playoffs is not big deal at all if the team is not expected to get past the first or 2nd round?
You are seriously glossing over very important tiers of success that exist in a professional sports organisation.

Lebron should have got you to the next tier. It was a complete failure on his end.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't think they would have held onto the #4 spot that they were sitting in when the injuries started. But, I also don't think they'd have fallen farther than 6th.

Probably out in the 1st round, maybe the 2nd depending on who they were matched up with.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think they would have held onto the #4 spot that they were sitting in when the injuries started. But, I also don't think they'd have fallen farther than 6th.

Probably out in the 1st round, maybe the 2nd depending on who they were matched up with.

There's too much talent in the WC for that Lakers roster to have held onto that 4 spot. Had they gotten to the 2nd round have have been their ceiling though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said all along that the Pels may regret waiting for the summer and a big offer from the Celtics that may not be near what the Pels think it will be.

It'll be a tough decision for the Celtics, imo. AD is a great player, but when you consider what they will likely have to give up to get him, as shopson pointed out, they would create more holes to fill 1 hole.

Also, while he may not necessarily be injury prone, he does tend to miss games and could be a 1 year rental. From that perspective it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Having said that, he's also really, really good and can cover some of the holes created by getting him.

I think it will hinge on whether or not he will sign an extension. If he will, I think the Celtics trade for him. If not, they won't.