• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brown

Byron Scott

and now Ty Lue

why do the Lakers like to hire the Cavaliers sloppy seconds?

whoever gets hired by the Cavs should just plan his next job being coach of the Lakers. LOL
Lue and Byron both played for the Lakers before you was born( I assume you're only 12 years old since you act it) and Bown was as a disaster so be happy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue and Byron both played for the Lakers before you was born( I assume you're only 12 years old since you act it) and Bown was as a disaster so be happy
lol what the fuck does "play for" have to do with anything when I was talking about coaching for?

Find me another time in the HISTORY of the NBA where a team hired 3 former coaches of a different team in a 10 year span. Its unheard of. I find it hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a bad coach. Not a good coach either. I am not sure how much coaching matters tbh.

Coaching is probably more important for young teams
Lue did a great job managing the personalities and getting guys to buy in if you ask me. His X's and O's were pretty shit for the most part-- all though LeBron hijacking the plays probably did not help that either.

Ty Lue is a good coach- he is a good hire for the Lakers- he is a lot better than Byron Scott and Luke Walton that is for damn sure. lol

If I was the Lakers id keep them as long as they had LeBron. Once LeBron leaves/declines then if there is someone they think is better go for it--- but getting LeBron to buy in is huge and LeBron was n ot buying in with Luke Walton.

Its why is a solid hire for the Lakers--- because LeBron likes and trusts Lue.

Having said that- if LEBron was not on the Lakers- theres no chance in fuck they would hire him- which says something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is REALLY REALL fucking hilarious was all the people telling me--- this is gonna be different- LeBron is not going to run the Lakers- he is going to play off the ball. They will take his input- but the decisions will be with Magic Johnson yada yada yada.

EXACTLY THE FUCKING OPPOSITE happened. LeBron rolled in there and ran over everyone and has taken control of the franchise. It is every much the "Los Angeles LeBrons" as it was the "Cleveland LeBrons" if not more so.

#timevindicates

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is REALLY REALL fucking hilarious was all the people telling me--- this is gonna be different- LeBron is not going to run the Lakers- he is going to play off the ball. They will take his input- but the decisions will be with Magic Johnson yada yada yada.

EXACTLY THE FUCKING OPPOSITE happened. LeBron rolled in there and ran over everyone and has taken control of the franchise. It is every much the "Los Angeles LeBrons" as it was the "Cleveland LeBrons" if not more so.

#timevindicates

wasn't me, WiggityWack...

It was the thing I feared the day he signed on here...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue did a great job managing the personalities and getting guys to buy in if you ask me. His X's and O's were pretty shit for the most part-- all though LeBron hijacking the plays probably did not help that either.

Ty Lue is a good coach- he is a good hire for the Lakers- he is a lot better than Byron Scott and Luke Walton that is for damn sure. lol

If I was the Lakers id keep them as long as they had LeBron. Once LeBron leaves/declines then if there is someone they think is better go for it--- but getting LeBron to buy in is huge and LeBron was n ot buying in with Luke Walton.

Its why is a solid hire for the Lakers--- because LeBron likes and trusts Lue.

Having said that- if LEBron was not on the Lakers- theres no chance in fuck they would hire him- which says something.
Agreed...though all this says a lot about Lebron. a real leader would at least give his coach a chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#timevindicates
Yeah....think we both said how silly it was when Magic said something like "this wont be like Cleveland and we will limit Lebron's load".

Only Lebron will limit Lebron's load.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what the fuck does "play for" have to do with anything when I was talking about coaching for?

Find me another time in the HISTORY of the NBA where a team hired 3 former coaches of a different team in a 10 year span. Its unheard of. I find it hilarious.
Not sure if it was 10 years but how about our Cavs hiring Silas, Scott and Mike Brown (after he coached the Lakers)? Wasn't much more than 10 years.

Milwaukee had Drew, Kidd and Bud.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was 10 years but how about our Cavs hiring Silas, Scott and Mike Brown (after he coached the Lakers)? Wasn't much more than 10 years.

Milwaukee had Drew, Kidd and Bud.
what the fuck are you talking about? Silas never coached the Lakers. Scott coached the Cavs BEFORE the Lakers. I mean- thats preceisly what i said in my post- that Scott coached the Cavs BEFORE the Lakers---that hte LAkers hired him , like Brown and Lue AFTER they got fired by the Cavs.

Jason Kidd never coached the Hawks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck are you talking about? Silas never coached the Lakers. Scott coached the Cavs BEFORE the Lakers. I mean- thats preceisly what i said in my post- that Scott coached the Cavs BEFORE the Lakers---that hte LAkers hired him , like Brown and Lue AFTER they got fired by the Cavs.

Jason Kidd never coached the Hawks.
Easy there, Yosemite. Didn't read it as the coach had to come from the same team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't me, WiggityWack...

It was the thing I feared the day he signed on here...

To not make the playoffs at all and end up with the same record was a pure embarrassment.
And what was no surprise at all was that everyone was a causality except the one guy who was the most to blame.

Not an ounce of an apology has come from Lebron for what happened this season ...and they reward him with an actor who will play the part of a the Lakers head coach while Lebron does what he wants.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To not make the playoffs at all and end up with the same record was a pure embarrassment.
And what was no surprise at all was that everyone was a causality except the one guy who was the most to blame.

Not an ounce of an apology has come from Lebron for what happened this season ...and they reward him with an actor who will play the part of a the Lakers head coach while Lebron does what he wants.

What do you want LeBron to apologize for? Getting injured for the 1st time in his career? All the other injuries that got the Lakers this year? Or Magic quitting on the organization?

As a Celtics fan I really dislike sticking up for the Purple 'n Gold.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want LeBron to apologize for? Getting injured for the 1st time in his career? All the other injuries that got the Lakers this year? Or Magic quitting on the organization?

As a Celtics fan I really dislike sticking up for the Purple 'n Gold.
I don't know that he needs to apologize and agree injury not his fault. But would bet he was OK with magic's moves even though he'll put the blame on Magic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he needs to apologize and agree injury not his fault. But would bet he was OK with magic's moves even though he'll put the blame on Magic.

I think it's funny where the Lakers are right now. But I still expect them to revamp the roster & land a top tier FA this summer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny where the Lakers are right now. But I still expect them to revamp the roster & land a top tier FA this summer.
I think it depends who is making the decisions, but it is certainly possible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends who is making the decisions, but it is certainly possible.

It might be the edibles but I'm getting dizzy bouncing around from thread to thread.:D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the same Phil Jackson who consulted with the Pistons to hire Mo Cheeks as coach, who didn't even make it a year? Or the Phil Jackson that was so brilliant getting the Knicks where they are? Yes, he was a great coach, but anything ringing of executive recommendations from Phil has ended up very poorly.

I guess I missed where I said this was a good, bad, or indifferent thing? I just posted a link.