• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers to hire a doormat as head coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was a stupid rumor that did not make sense in the first place.

What kind of GM with any clout is not going to have the power to pick his coach? What kind of GM with any clout would want to walk into that situation with anything less than full power considering it seems like the Lakers have like multiple people with their hands in the pot.

I thought it was a dumb rumor in the first place and I am not surprised it was bullshit.

The rumor was that this candidate was aware of what was going on with the hiring and approved.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor was that this candidate was aware of what was going on with the hiring and approved.
also dumb and ridiculous.

A GM who's team is actively deep in the playoffs is going to be shadow managing a team that he has not even been hired by yet?

Apart from being stupid, its also a very serious breach of his contract.

Could you even imagine the JUSTIFIABLE severity of a complaint like that by, say the Raptors?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Rumors: Rob Pelinka Said He Wouldn't Trade Larry Nance for Kevin Durant

"You got guys like Larry Nance. His people have gone around saying look, I went to Rob [Pelinka], asking: 'I'm trying to buy a house, are you going to trade me, you going to keep me?' And Rob Pelinka said ... I don't know whether it's true or not, but I was told this. Quote: Rob Pelinka looked him in the face and said: 'If the Golden State Warriors called me to trade Kevin Durant for you, I wouldn't move you.' Now we know that's a lie, but nevertheless, they're saying that's what was said and then the next thing you know, Larry Nance was traded. D'Angelo Russell, his people got similar stories as well. So all of these things are associated with Rob Pelinka, true or untrue, those stories are out there and they haven't left Rob Pelinka, and that's a fact."

So instead he gets packaged in a trade with Clarkson for I.T., Mozgov and a 1st rounder lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You got guys like Larry Nance. His people have gone around saying look, I went to Rob [Pelinka], asking: 'I'm trying to buy a house, are you going to trade me, you going to keep me?' And Rob Pelinka said ... I don't know whether it's true or not, but I was told this. Quote: Rob Pelinka looked him in the face and said: 'If the Golden State Warriors called me to trade Kevin Durant for you, I wouldn't move you.' Now we know that's a lie, but nevertheless, they're saying that's what was said and then the next thing you know, Larry Nance was traded. D'Angelo Russell, his people got similar stories as well. So all of these things are associated with Rob Pelinka, true or untrue, those stories are out there and they haven't left Rob Pelinka, and that's a fact."

So instead he gets packaged in a trade with Clarkson for I.T., Mozgov and a 1st rounder lol

Did he trade him for Durant? No. Perfectly truthful.....................:thumb:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about Nance. But the D-Lo part is bullshit. Magic was looking to move D-Lo almost as soon as he agreed to be the PBO. Pretty much everyone knew that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find the thread title funny. Everyone was ripping the Lakers for the anticipated signing of "doormat" Lue, then blasted them for not catering to his demands.