• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers are DONE for a while

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Houston Rockets are clearing space for Dwight Howard. There is no way in hell DH12 resigns in LA if Mikey D is the head coach. His style of play doesn't fit DH12's game. So with that, at midnight tonight, the Lakers are in re-building mode just like the Celtics are. It's sad due to the fact we had every opportunity to get better, but our front office let us down. Gonna be a few years for us being on the outside lookin' in, so get used to it fellas.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is a bitch. Kobe will intimidate him in the meeting with the Lakers and he will re-sign.

Wouldn't be surprise if Magic or Phil Jackson is there via conference call.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably have to burn my Dwight jersey lol, no hard feelings though.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah NBA is gonna be lame without us. Well the Heat 3 peat should be interesting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Houston Rockets are clearing space for Dwight Howard. There is no way in hell DH12 resigns in LA if Mikey D is the head coach. His style of play doesn't fit DH12's game. So with that, at midnight tonight, the Lakers are in re-building mode just like the Celtics are. It's sad due to the fact we had every opportunity to get better, but our front office let us down. Gonna be a few years for us being on the outside lookin' in, so get used to it fellas.

Finally a realistic post by a Laker fan.
Nobody would dare ever try to imply that the Lakers wont someday be great again, but all of the writing on the wall says it won't be any time soon.

Lots of talk about next summer and I suppose all you can do is dream of James for the next 12 months, but he's not going to the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey CL67. Since we are in rebuild mode as you state, there are plenty of guards we can trade for or sign that the Rockets are jettisoning. We could trade for Jermey Lin which would help our backcourt problem and the Rockets just cut loose Carlos Delfino which we could sign for nothing. I say trade Steve Blake and Duhon for Lin straight-up and sign Delpino outright.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey CL67. Since we are in rebuild mode as you state, there are plenty of guards we can trade for or sign that the Rockets are jettisoning. We could trade for Jermey Lin which would help our backcourt problem and the Rockets just cut loose Carlos Delfino which we could sign for nothing. I say trade Steve Blake and Duhon for Lin straight-up and sign Delpino outright.

I like Lin ok, but i'm not a big fan of the guy's consistency, though I agree that if D12 is doing the big bye-bye it'd be better than having nothing. also didn't he try to play for D'Antoni in New York already? don't know well how that'd work out...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awhile? Hardly. If and when Dwight leaves, Kobe will take his time coming back ensuring the Lakers get a 2014 lottery pick (the only 1st rounder they haven't traded away). Then the League will rig the lottery so that the Lakers get Andrew Wiggins. ZOMG NBA CONSPIRACY! #WWE>NBA

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Lakers have waived guard Chris Duhon. Whew, what a relief. I just hope he does not resign later. This is a good start. Maybe we will pick up one of the Houston guards such Delfino or Brooks or even trade for Lin. This is a small but encouraging news. Maybe Steve Blake will be next.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Odom is a FA as well. I'm sure he'd love to come back and play with Don'tknowi!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Odom is a FA as well. I'm sure he'd love to come back and play with Don'tknowi!!

Lamar will sign with the Heat at veteran's minimum. :whistle:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awhile? Hardly. If and when Dwight leaves, Kobe will take his time coming back ensuring the Lakers get a 2014 lottery pick (the only 1st rounder they haven't traded away). Then the League will rig the lottery so that the Lakers get Andrew Wiggins. ZOMG NBA CONSPIRACY! #WWE>NBA

Funny thing about that, I would not be even a little bit surprised.

They re-sign Kobe to a smaller deal and pick up an elite free agent or two and bingo.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:That is exactly how the Lakers get back into a reasonable stable. First let the free throw wizard go so they are not burdened with that money and cap, Kobe take a amnesty or smaller deal:nod: and then sign low cost but high end athletic young players. This year doesn't matter in the standings and as hard as it is to say :yield:it is the only way for the Lakers to return to near the top in a few years. Signing the free throw wizard will only keep the Lakers from competing in top form for the forseeable future. Anthing other than that is :lame:and :crazy:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: Vic, maybe a little less mushroom would help the soul! Been licking to much Howard toe jam for me!:bullshit:Howard is about drama, he could star on Days of Our Lives, although he would want the director fired.:gaah:The free throw wizard could very well sign with the Lakers but that mistake will cost the organization 10 years. He will be a none factor in a championship either conference or NBA.:nod: Where ever he goes 3 years from now they will look back and say f.ck what the hell was I thinking, this guy is a bum.:bawling: By the time Shorty and Mitch get done, we might just be the :laugh3:of the league.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I see little hope for the Lakers to make the playoffs next season. I wouldn't miss Howard much, but not for basketball reasons. Howard simply has issues that don't belong in a team environment.

Next season is a bridge to 2014 when the cap problem is resolved. It won't be pretty next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Lakers have waived guard Chris Duhon. Whew, what a relief. I just hope he does not resign later. This is a good start. Maybe we will pick up one of the Houston guards such Delfino or Brooks or even trade for Lin. This is a small but encouraging news. Maybe Steve Blake will be next.

I DO hate that guy's contract. 4 mil a year for WHAT...?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree CL67. Apparently the Lakers are not standing still during the FA period as they have talked to a number of FAs today including all positions. They may dump some more contracts in the next couple of days as they are sensing that Howard is leaving. I hope we get some young athletic legs. They should be trying to sign Earl Clark though as he is talking to Cleveland.

I'd like for them to rid us of Steve Blake's contract and go with Meeks and Goudelock to start the season at guard. Kobe can then come back when he is healthy. May be somebody is willing to take Nash's contract and we can work a trade. I'd like to see the Lakers trade of Lin and pick up Delfino or Brooks. Mitch is also talking with a Bobcats center as well as he is a FA. We shall see.