• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers are DONE for a while

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, whattup, BRS? lol was beginning to wonder if you went on permanent hiatus for a sec...

agree with your take on the Rambis signing. imo it was totally necessary to see SOME kind of commitment to the defensive side of the ball. and Rambis' influence there will be helpful...

also agree about LBJ not coming here...not that it makes me unhappy. i keep saying he's not needed to win titles. now i know where TF12 is coming from and i respect the guy's opinion, but don't want him AND can do it without him. as for 'Melo? guy's a good player and scorer, but it's really hard to argue that he'd ever get out of his mindset as a "stat machine"...

here's my thought on "tanking", though. IF Kobe comes back and is basically who he was BEFORE his latest injury i doubt VERY seriously we'll tank. i'm figuring the Lakers will probably end up a lower seed playoff team again. so i highly doubt we'll see Wiggins in a Lakers jersey. not trying to pop anyone's bubble, but i just don't see it. i could be wrong, though...

Just to be clear, outside of the fact that it would annoy the shit out of certain Heat fans, I really don't care if the Lakers get Lebron or not!! What I do know is that he is the best player in the game and the Lakers will put together the most attractive package that they can to get him.

I agree 100% that the Lakers do not have to have him to return to a championship level. Heck, the Heat had him last year, barely got out of the east and if not for Ray-Ray's miracle shot, they don't repeat!!

Having the best player in the game does make it a little easier though!!:lol:

As for 'Melo, don't want him!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, outside of the fact that it would annoy the shit out of certain Heat fans, I really don't care if the Lakers get Lebron or not!! What I do know is that he is the best player in the game and the Lakers will put together the most attractive package that they can to get him.

I agree 100% that the Lakers do not have to have him to return to a championship level. Heck, the Heat had him last year, barely got out of the east and if not for Ray-Ray's miracle shot, they don't repeat!!

NO SELLOUTS ALLOWED. dangit, that's a Lakers rule lol...:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO SELLOUTS ALLOWED. dangit, that's a Lakers rule lol...:lol:

:laugh3:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BRS, hows the lawyering business these days? Good to see you made it back. I for one like a lot of the signings including Mark "maddog" Madsen along with Rambis. Adding Farmar, Young, Johnson, Kelly, and a couple of other players I think is going to surprise alot of people, including our own fans. I do think Don'tknowi is still Don'tknowi. I think the players will respond to Rambis and I am in agreement with where we will finish next year.