• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2017-2018 Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I still wouldn't do the Love deal TJF12. I'll take young developing legs over tired and getting old ones.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it is safe to say, the young team lacks the mental tenacity sufficient to handle a long road trip. These youngsters def know how to fold and take the night off and will need to learn that as time goes forward.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I still wouldn't do the Love deal TJF12. I'll take young developing legs over tired and getting old ones.

I'd do it because he would be the stretch 4 the Lakers need and is an elite rebounder (which they also need). Both are things the Lakers need more than what the guys they would give up provide.

Love has gotten a bit of a bad rap because he's been relegated to 3rd option in Cleveland. Earlier this year, when he was the #2 option, he was playing great. So, it's not like he's forgotten how to play.

I think he would thrive in Luke's system, especially with Lonzo getting the ball to him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it is safe to say, the young team lacks the mental tenacity sufficient to handle a long road trip. These youngsters def know how to fold and take the night off and will need to learn that as time goes forward.

Yep, learning how to win, learning to "bring it" every night and learning how to win close games are all part of the development process with a young team. It's fun to watch and frustrating at the same time. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but LeBron looks like the Warriors is where he is headed if this story is true.

There's no way for Lebron to go to the Warriors, they would have to give up way too much. This is just Lebron's camp making sure that everyone is still talking about him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, trade Clarkson and a second-rounder for Kevin Love, wait for PG this summer, and be done with it.

Wouldn't hate that. It would probably take more than Clarkson and a pick though...salaries need to match up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young developing teams don't win shit though. At some point you have to add vet talent that's in their prime or tail end of it. That's why its important for LA to add at least 1 player of significance this summer so a trade for Love wouldn't be a bad thing at all. So whether its Love via trade or FA with George, Jordan, James, whoever, they're gonna need someone.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love makes no sense for this team.

Not only does he play the one position the Lakers,are loaded, but he is much older and the injuries continue to mount.

At this point, the only likely FA that makes sense is George. LeBron isn't coming to the Lakers. That's a pipe dream.

I still think he stays in the East ( maybe Sixers ).

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love makes no sense for this team.

Not only does he play the one position the Lakers,are loaded, but he is much older and the injuries continue to mount.

At this point, the only likely FA that makes sense is George. LeBron isn't coming to the Lakers. That's a pipe dream.

I still think he stays in the East ( maybe Sixers ).
No way would lebron go to sixers. They have their lebron type in simmons.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is headed to the Warriors or Clip-Joint. He doesn't want to be part of a rebuild like the Lakers. Plus LBJ is getting older by the minute.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about Clarkson and Randle going on. And it is just that-talk as the trade deadline is soon to arrive. I don't see us trading Clarkson and Randle this season. None of the deals make sense for the Lakers. The stretch option on Deng is gaining traction though. Nobody wants this turd without the inclusion of some serious talent of our young emerging stars.

We won number 20 against the Nets. We are slowly making in-roads into a possible 8th seeed playoff birth. We are 6 and half back from Denver right now. We shall see how this plays out as DUMBASS SHORT BUSS HAS DONE MORE TO HAMSTRING THIS FRANCHISE THAN ANYONE!! POS SHOULD BE HUNG FROM THE RAFTERS OF THE STAPLES CENTER.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is headed to the Warriors or Clip-Joint. He doesn't want to be part of a rebuild like the Lakers. Plus LBJ is getting older by the minute.

No way he goes to either. The Warriors have to give up way too much and he's already ruled out the Clips. I think his most likely destinations are the Lakers, staying with the Cavs or maybe the Spurs or Rockets.

People who say Lebron isn't interested in a rebuild are missing one important fact. If Lebron comes to the Lakers, there will be another max level FA coming with him. The Lakers will have to give up virtually everyone except Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and maybe Nance. Those players will be replaced by vets willing to take less to chase a ring.

If you add Lebron, another max FA and a few solid vets to that young core, you are no longer in a rebuild...you're a contender. However, they'd still have very young players playing big roles. That could mean still needing another year of development before they are truly ready to contend.

Staying with the Cavs means he still gets to call the shots and sticking it to Gilbert. But they are going to have to make some serious roster changes to truly contend. If they can, he'll stay.

He doesn't really fit the Spurs style, but they are likely to have the cap space to sign him and Lebron, Kawhi and Aldridge would be a very real threat to the Warriors. Pop can be surly and is unlikely to put up with some of Lebron's "quirks". Kawhi suddenly seems injury prone too.

Houston can create the cap space and already has CP3 and Harden, but they would have no bench and Lebron has been trying to lighten his load for years.

There really aren't any perfect landing spots. It's going to come down to which team has shortcomings that he thinks can be overcome.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that may be true TJF12, but the Lakers have one very big problem: No one wants to give up any redeemable assets for some of the players routinely mentioned all year long without taking some of the Lakers many talented players. This doesn't even include the Deng mess. The Lakers will not be able to get other teams to facilitate the Lakers' desire to clear space for max FAs just because that is what the Lakers want to do. The rest of the league has become very wary of what the Lakers want to do and despite where or what Lebron is going to do, the Lakers cannot clear salary space to get who they want because of the aforementioned dynamic.

In other words, the Lakers are going to have to develop their teams like GS and Boston have done and that is to keep their own talent and just continue to develop it. Magic and Pelinka will have to learn the hard way or else they are going to make a huge mistake by giving up on some really talented and future star players we already have.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that may be true TJF12, but the Lakers have one very big problem: No one wants to give up any redeemable assets for some of the players routinely mentioned all year long without taking some of the Lakers many talented players. This doesn't even include the Deng mess. The Lakers will not be able to get other teams to facilitate the Lakers' desire to clear space for max FAs just because that is what the Lakers want to do. The rest of the league has become very wary of what the Lakers want to do and despite where or what Lebron is going to do, the Lakers cannot clear salary space to get who they want because of the aforementioned dynamic.

In other words, the Lakers are going to have to develop their teams like GS and Boston have done and that is to keep their own talent and just continue to develop it. Magic and Pelinka will have to learn the hard way or else they are going to make a huge mistake by giving up on some really talented and future star players we already have.

What will it take to get even a late first round pick for this year??Like you said, we are in such a bind due to buss, this is not going to be a quick turnaround to compete for a championship. We have to keep, ball, kuzma, ingram. All others should be trade bait IMO. Randle is the one that has to go. If Clarkson could come off the bench and be as great a shooter as Williams was, i would keep him, but he is just not a consitant outside shooter that we need. I am hoping in two more years, the only worry is , what playoff seed we will be. This is year one of this management team. It is going to take longer then i like, but I believe in Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers necessarily have to trade anyone and don't really need much, if any help in unloading players to create cap space. The idea of trading them is to get something for them rather than let them go for nothing (expiring contracts and/or draft picks). The idea behind trading them before the trade deadline would more likely be for a max level guy or a solid vet who can help and/or to unload Deng's contract.

Most likely scenario is the Lakers standing pat until the end of the season (unless a playoff team thinks Randle or Clarkson can help). They'll probably end up letting a lot of guys walk and stretching Deng. This will open up the 2 max slots they are seeking. Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and maybe Nance won't be included in any moves unless it's something ridiculous like trading for KD which ain't happening.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew!!, This team played smart baseketball, except the last minute (Clarkson), today. Ingram was aggressive on both ends of the court. Great win!!! The refs were awful in the last minute. Westbrook's pushes off on Hart was ridiculous. Thank goodness for instant replay..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. Thought they might give it away at the end, b ut they made just enough plays. Finish the Grammy trip 3-2.