• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2017-2018 Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the weekend, drinking, and watching college basketball.....life is good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just hanging out in a college library here in Tempe getting caught-up on computer work I let go during the week when I am working my backside off.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant came back from his full rupture to finish his career but was he the same player after as he was before? The answer is debatable. Cousins had a full rupture and many experience this as career-ending. If he does rehabilitate and return to playing form, the rehab will be awhile just like with Kobe. This changes everything for any plans the Lakers may have had in thinking in signing Cousins this coming summer when he will be a FA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/source...osis-torn-left-achilles-tendon-042801822.html

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant came back from his full rupture to finish his career but was he the same player after as he was before? The answer is debatable. Cousins had a full rupture and many experience this as career-ending. If he does rehabilitate and return to playing form, the rehab will be awhile just like with Kobe. This changes everything for any plans the Lakers may have had in thinking in signing Cousins this coming summer when he will be a FA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/source...osis-torn-left-achilles-tendon-042801822.html

I don't think it was debatable at all. Kobe was never the same after that injury. He played, but he labored a ton. Every bit of quickness he had was gone. He couldn't guard anybody anymore and every shot was an intricate series of up fakes just to get it off. And because of that extra labor, the rest of his body broke down. Kobe was a lot older than Boogie is now, but I'm just saying there's no debate Kobe was different post Achilles tear.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was debatable at all. Kobe was never the same after that injury. He played, but he labored a ton. Every bit of quickness he had was gone. He couldn't guard anybody anymore and every shot was an intricate series of up fakes just to get it off. And because of that extra labor, the rest of his body broke down. Kobe was a lot older than Boogie is now, but I'm just saying there's no debate Kobe was different post Achilles tear.

Actually, Kobe was playing quite well the partial season after his knee injury until he tore his shoulder.

After that injury, he wasn't the same player

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Kobe was playing quite well the partial season after his knee injury until he tore his shoulder.

After that injury, he wasn't the same player

Define "well". If you mean he could still get 20 points, sure. But how he got there was a lot different.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Magic and Pelinka are now facing. Teams want people like Ball, Kuzma, Ingram for anything to do with taking Deng's contract off the Laker's hands. It is just too much and if either member of the front office goes that route, they are plain gullible and stupid.

I doubt if Clarkson or Randle will be moved. In fact, I believe, if the young core keeps winning, I see Magic and Pelinka abandoning this idea that the Lakers need two max players to make any difference in winning in favor of the stretch option to solve the Deng dilemma. Cousins career is over which leaves whom?: George and maybe LeBron, both whose careers are headed downward. LeBron moreso than George's.

I say BS. I say they have the players right now who can win this year to at least get us to P 8 in the west as well as in the future as they continue to develop if they all just be as patient as they often intimate they are and tell everyone else to be.

I think Luke has something really good brewing which may force Pelinka and Magic to use that cap space to re-sign the guys they have and use the stretch to get rid of Deng.

We don't need a max player or players to get where we are going. Afterall, the logo and company took a bunch of young talented players in GS and developed them into a perennial powerhouse. They can do that here if they just stop with this we-need-two-max players to win bullshit.

Luol Deng Would 'Love To Play' Again But Doesn't Know If It Will Be With Lakers - Lakers Nation

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are down by 7 in Toronto. Our offense is stagnant and Ennis is completely worthless as a guard. Randle gets us going out of this stupor with a deuce.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have cut our opponents scoring through better defense by 16 points in the last ten games. We look completely asleep today. Must be the great white north hibernation effect.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only down by 7 as the offense starts to wake-up. End of the first quarter.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D is picking up and so is the offense as Caruso and Kuzma are providing a spark from the bench. Caruso slams it home and the lead is down to 4.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, there are better looking babes in the stands than those Raptor girlz/mutts.