• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Clippers need a back up PG, and have talked to Jordan Farmar. While Mitch is trying to bring back Steve Blake. :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell LALakersboy. Mitch should just sign Farmar and let Blake go until later.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report in that lakers have offered carmelo max deal 4 years 95 mil. Hasn't signed just offered

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I think this is a waste of time because Carmelo is talking with Gasol about the possibility of signing with New York. I think Anthony's wife is going to win out on this one and Gasol could very well re-unite with Phil, Fisher, and now that Kurt Rambis has signed to be Fisher's assistant. This is rapidly becoming Lakers East.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I think this is a waste of time because Carmelo is talking with Gasol about the possibility of signing with New York. I think Anthony's wife is going to win out on this one and Gasol could very well re-unite with Phil, Fisher, and now that Kurt Rambis has signed to be Fisher's assistant. This is rapidly becoming Lakers East.

That's a good name for them Retro.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see Outlaw. The Knicks already have Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Kurt Rambis, and potentially could land Gasol and Metta is even talking about coming back. Yep, I think Lakers East will suffice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ-pa posted this on the main board:

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Kobe & Melo have been in contact for weeks. He reached to let Melo know scheduling change would keep him from mtg. They'll meet tonight tho

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be better for the Lakers in the long-term to quit chasing after these FAs like Anthony and stick with a full-on rebuild program if that is their strategy. I think Anthony will re-sign with Phil, Pau, and Lakers East. Let Pau go and get after the business of building a young viable roster. Kobe is going to be gone in two-to-three years and if we sign Anthony to the four-year deal, then essentially we will have a Knicks West team with one supposed superstar on a not-so-good team.

Follow what the logo is doing in GS. He is bringing in highly talented young players and he is adding pieces and that team continues to get better. They may even get past the first round in a year or two. This chasing after FAs and just win now is a bad strategy and if Kobe doesn't like that and he has already stated he doesn't want to be part of the rebuild, than in two years he can go sign with a contender and get his ring. The lakers need a better long-term strategy than just win now.

Short Buss doesn't have a strategy for long-term success. He continues to appear to wing it. This is why Jeannie has showed up in player negotiations. Kobe is right, the ownership needs a strategy that is palpable and work the strategy for long-term success.

Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case and it is only going to prolong the development this team really needs to do to guarantee us to get back to the championship levels. Let these old guys go and get back to what made this team great over such a long period of time.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be better for the Lakers in the long-term to quit chasing after these FAs like Anthony and stick with a full-on rebuild program if that is their strategy. I think Anthony will re-sign with Phil, Pau, and Lakers East. Let Pau go and get after the business of building a young viable roster. Kobe is going to be gone in two-to-three years and if we sign Anthony to the four-year deal, then essentially we will have a Knicks West team with one supposed superstar on a not-so-good team.

Follow what the logo is doing in GS. He is bringing in highly talented young players and he is adding pieces and that team continues to get better. They may even get past the first round in a year or two. This chasing after FAs and just win now is a bad strategy and if Kobe doesn't like that and he has already stated he doesn't want to be part of the rebuild, than in two years he can go sign with a contender and get his ring. The lakers need a better long-term strategy than just win now.

Short Buss doesn't have a strategy for long-term success. He continues to appear to wing it. This is why Jeannie has showed up in player negotiations. Kobe is right, the ownership needs a strategy that is palpable and work the strategy for long-term success.

Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case and it is only going to prolong the development this team really needs to do to guarantee us to get back to the championship levels. Let these old guys go and get back to what made this team great over such a long period of time.

:agree::yahoo:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the most part, I agree....but I really don't mind them going after a Lebron or Carmelo just to see if they can pull off the miracle. HOWEVER, if we go after these big name guys and miss, WHILE missing on everybody else, then that will be a problem. I don't know if they go back to the 1 year deal thing that they did last year, but I'd like to see them try to fill out the team this year

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I agree....but I really don't mind them going after a Lebron or Carmelo just to see if they can pull off the miracle. HOWEVER, if we go after these big name guys and miss, WHILE missing on everybody else, then that will be a problem. I don't know if they go back to the 1 year deal thing that they did last year, but I'd like to see them try to fill out the team this year

in my opinion I think should have let kobe go to another team if last year is going to be the kind of team they put on floor. maybe still too early to tell. but I would like to see them put the best team together as possible. none of this 1 year minimum deals to try again in 2015 or 2016.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the rebuilding - UNLESS - we can hit a marker FA or two. If Randle is as good as they project, it shouldn't be too hard for him to get NBA ready. He is a PF there to rebound, defend, and put up a few points here and there.

We still have a healthy Kobe Bryant. A dude who will do absolutely anything to help his team win. I really believe if we land Melo, Kobe will be a facilitator and the 2nd man on the team in scoring. Could you imagine Kobe averaging 22pts and 8 assists, with Melo averaging 28pts and 7 boards?

I mean Kobe, Mel, Randle, and Pau is kind of a Big 4 - No?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the rebuilding - UNLESS - we can hit a marker FA or two. If Randle is as good as they project, it shouldn't be too hard for him to get NBA ready. He is a PF there to rebound, defend, and put up a few points here and there.

We still have a healthy Kobe Bryant. A dude who will do absolutely anything to help his team win. I really believe if we land Melo, Kobe will be a facilitator and the 2nd man on the team in scoring. Could you imagine Kobe averaging 22pts and 8 assists, with Melo averaging 28pts and 7 boards?

I mean Kobe, Mel, Randle, and Pau is kind of a Big 4 - No?

Yea it is, but we shall wait & see. We still need to hire a coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it is, but we shall wait & see. We still need to hire a coach.

Not necessarily you, but people need to chill on this coach thing. The Lakers pitch to these guys is that they can have a say in who the coach is going to be.

Considering that many, many people (including many Lakers fans) at least partially blame Dwight leaving on D'Antoni being the coach, it would seem that letting a top FA know that they can have a say in it, would be pretty smart, no?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TJF12, the Lakers will appoint a coach at the proper time as I have stated all along. B. Scott is probably already on the job and the Lakers are doing the usual keep things close to the vest if he isn't as well if he is. I think Anthony is going to sign with N.Y. along with Pau and they may have a chance with James but I am not holding my breath. If James goes anywhere other than Miami, I suspect it'll be either Cleveland or Phoenix with the chance of the latter getting pretty thin.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a degenerate gambler now.

:L

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Clippers need a back up PG, and have talked to Jordan Farmar. While Mitch is trying to bring back Steve Blake. :L

Miami is also interested in Steve Blake, I bet he signs there over the Lakers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
As one source in process says of Lakers bid, "They can promise max money without any (roster) moves needing to be made." 4 years, $97M.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Bill Simmons first reported Lakers made a strong move into Anthony race.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the offer by the Lakers has been made. Anthony has gone back to N.Y. to make his decision and from the looks of things, Phil has made a better pitch. We will know in a week or so.