• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitch swings trades to get additional 1st round picks, give that man a 10 million dollar raise. I don't see how he has the pieces to even pull that off. Not saying its impossible, but he's got his work cut out for him.

The Love bit is nice to see. Everyone knows he was leaving but its good that he's basically confirming the long held belief that LA is his #1 choice. Now its just a matter of figuring a way to get him here.

Where has that been said? I read that he's willing to go anywhere as long as he gets paid and they can contend.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where has that been said? I read that he's willing to go anywhere as long as he gets paid and they can contend.

The initial report Ram linked to mentioned it and they got it from Adrian Wojnarowski, generally regarded as the best NBA reporter in the game. However, since the report last night, like 6 other teams have all popped up that Love would like to go to so :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial report Ram linked to mentioned it and they got it from Adrian Wojnarowski, generally regarded as the best NBA reporter in the game. However, since the report last night, like 6 other teams have all popped up that Love would like to go to so :noidea:

I think that if given a choice between the Lakers and any other team, he would choose the Lakers in a heartbeat. However, he also wants to contend asap. So, for the Lakers to get him, they have to convince him that they can put together the pieces to contend fairly quickly.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, now KLove is entertaining other teams such as the Bulls, the Warriors, and of course the celtics are willing to part with their number one. Maybe all of this is true and maybe it is KLove stirring the market to get his best deal as well. We shall see after tomorrow night how things will begin to shake out.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe
Ariza
Pau
Bynum

Sound familiar?

Now throw in Marcus Smart, Swaggy P, and our other role players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bynum could come back and be the Bynum he was before the knee issues (or at least close), I'd say take him back in a heartbeat. He has shown during the few times that his knee's have allowed him to play, that he can play at a high level.

The problem is, as the article points out, he has played 26 games over the past 2 years. There would have to be assurances that the knee issues are a thing of the past and at this point, I just don't see how that's possible.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no more Bynum

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJF12. It is common knowledge now among the NBA and after the fiasco with Indiana that Bynum's kness are so bad that walking will be his next priority going forward and playing will most definitely not be an option. Andrew is scamming again in my opinion because he likes getting those game checks for just sitting on the bench.

It is my suspicion that Andrew is using the nostalgia angle this time as a new wrinkle in his scamming teams now that he has chosen his former team. Unfortunately, with Gary Vitti and guys like Kobe around as well as the medical complex with the Lakers, Mitch, and the FO, the Lakers will see right through this ploy and "The Cancer" will have to find his own weed money this time. His knees are just not going to get any better. This is beyond a Greg Oden affair medically. Something about crying wolf one too many times comes to mind!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure you are right Lakersrule, but I found the whole notion absolutely ridiculous and I thought I'd share it with the Lakers faithful.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he also admitted that there is no way that he can get back to the level of play he was at with the Lakers. He knows his knees are toast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJF12. It is common knowledge now among the NBA and after the fiasco with Indiana that Bynum's kness are so bad that walking will be his next priority going forward and playing will most definitely not be an option. Andrew is scamming again in my opinion because he likes getting those game checks for just sitting on the bench.

It is my suspicion that Andrew is using the nostalgia angle this time as a new wrinkle in his scamming teams now that he has chosen his former team. Unfortunately, with Gary Vitti and guys like Kobe around as well as the medical complex with the Lakers, Mitch, and the FO, the Lakers will see right through this ploy and "The Cancer" will have to find his own weed money this time. His knees are just not going to get any better. This is beyond a Greg Oden affair medically. Something about crying wolf one too many times comes to mind!!

I agree. It's fairly obvious that his knees are shot. I understand him wanting to play (I'm sure the checks are awesome), but I just don't see anyway that he's knees will ever allow him to play any more than he has over the past 2 years.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope Baby Buss doesn't hear about Bynum's interest in returning to the Lakers. He'd jump all over that like a Hooker going after a $5 bill.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas traded for Tyson Chandler. They had been looking for a center and had expressed interest in Pau. Now that they have Chandler, Pau may be off their radar. That should give LA a boost in getting him back

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas traded for Tyson Chandler. They had been looking for a center and had expressed interest in Pau. Now that they have Chandler, Pau may be off their radar. That should give LA a boost in getting him back

I think Pau coming back will depend on the coach and the roster. He loves being a Laker, but he wants a shot at another ring or 2 before he retires.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were pretty good indicators a while back that Chandler was headed back to Dallas. We will see what happens to Pau with LeBron, Wade, Carmelo, Swaggy P, and others in the open market. I am not sure the K.Love issue is settled yet and the draft tomorrow night always wets the wick for a slew of transactions for the summer.