• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, if Gilbert buys into this BS, they really have problems! :wtf2:

This is a ONE sided trade, period!

Minny may be throwing in Brewer as well. I'm not sure. It seems like there are a few different scenarios being thrown around. But the core of the trade seems to be Love, Martin and maybe one other player for some combination of Wiggins, Bennett, someone else and picks.

Although, it's even being disputed as to whether or not Wiggins is included.

Confused yet?

Yeah, me too.:lol:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im trying to understand why losing a pg who avg. 9 assist, and shot 40% from beyond the arc, would be thrilling??? Not to mention, he is only a 2 yr pro that's going to get better.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to understand why losing a pg who avg. 9 assist, and shot 40% from beyond the arc, would be thrilling??? Not to mention, he is only a 2 yr pro that's going to get better.

There is reason Marshall is going to be on his 3rd team on his 3rd year as a pro. His defense is beyond terrible. Just saying.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's slow, can't play defense, and can't shoot. I'll give him his props for his court vision. He's a good passer.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny may be throwing in Brewer as well. I'm not sure. It seems like there are a few different scenarios being thrown around. But the core of the trade seems to be Love, Martin and maybe one other player for some combination of Wiggins, Bennett, someone else and picks.

Although, it's even being disputed as to whether or not Wiggins is included.

Confused yet?

Yeah, me too.:lol:

LOL! Yeah, the whole damn scenario is confusing! I live in Timberwolves territory, not a fan. I have buddies that would enjoy that trade. I would enjoy it MUCH more if they didn't trade Love!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's slow, can't play defense, and can't shoot. I'll give him his props for his court vision. He's a good passer.

He can't shoot well consistently. He's a very streaky shooter, always has been. But yes, on all the other points.

Just thought it was worth pointing out. :suds:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is reason Marshall is going to be on his 3rd team on his 3rd year as a pro. His defense is beyond terrible. Just saying.

This is the story of EVERY point guard on the Lakers roster... Just saying

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Marshalls stats were heavily padded by D'antonis offence and increased playing time due to injuries last year. If all the PGs last year were healthy he'd still be in the D-League.

He makes more than 5 assists a game next season and I'll be surprised.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signings of Swaggy P and Kelly are official.

Swaggy got 4 years $21.5 million.

Kelly got 2 years and north of $3 million and does not include an option year.

Mitch on Ryan Kelly: "When we extended a qualifying offer to Ryan in June, we fully expected him to be a part of our future. Ryan did everything we asked of him as a rookie and showed great promise and potential".

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Bledsoe rumor was completely made up and it DID NOT come from anyone in Phoenix nor LA. Just some desperate guy trying to get attention.

1) Jordan Hill can't be traded until January
2) Hill would have to be in the trade to make salaries work.

Randle, Hill and a late first rounder wouldn't be a good trade for the Lakers OR the Suns, since neither Hill nor Randle fit in their offense as well as Bledsoe does and given the fact that they have 3 first rounders in the draft anyways. And the Lakers would be dumb to trade Randle and (possibly) their only first rounder next year for a guy they'd have to overpay.

The world of "journalism" folks... :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought the Knicks were becoming the Lakers of the East, Phil has apparently turned the tables as he is jettisoning ex-Lakers players. Metta was cut before Phil was hired so technically, Phil did not remove him. Lamar Odom has failed in his comeback bid as the drug use and age have taken their toll and Phil released Odom recently for not measuring up to NBA player standards of excellence (whatever those are) and now Shannon Brown is the latest to go. Here is the link.

Knicks waive another one of Phil Jackson?s former Lakers | ProBasketballTalk

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't sound like a guy who is coming to the Lakers to get a check and just win 25 games. It'll get you stoked for the season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--lakers-offer-coaching-job-byron-scott-190346912.html

If you ever hear any of those Showtime era Lakers talking about the organization, the level of pride, loyalty and desire to see this organization continue to succeed is off the charts. I know all players have pride in and loyalty to their organizations, but these Showtime guys seem to take it beyond what most other former players do. It's almost like an obsession with these guys.

While I've disagreed with some of what Magic has said over the past few seasons, I can't question the passion and love for the organization that drive his comments.

Anyone remember how pissed James Worthy used to get over the last couple of seasons when the Lakers weren't playing well. I kept expecting them to cut to the studio and have the co-host say: "James Worthy isn't here right now because he's headed to the Lakers locker room to kick some asses".:lol:

I think Byron desperately wants to get this organization back where it belongs because he and the other Showtime guys seem to take losses, etc. as personally today as they did when they were playing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that is so damn true TJF12! And their passion is infectious. Just thinking about James Worthy getting horked at those losses last year gets me stoked for this year. I wish they would have said that about James and then switched back to Jamie Maggio who was always easy on the eyeballs. Yikes!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that is so damn true TJF12! And their passion is infectious. Just thinking about James Worthy getting horked at those losses last year gets me stoked for this year. I wish they would have said that about James and then switched back to Jamie Maggio who was always easy on the eyeballs. Yikes!!

The more we can see of Jamie Maggio, the better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, who?? :noidea:

th

th

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a babes with an exceptional backside. Go to NSFW forum and there is a thread on her.