• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2014 Off-Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't players have to be signed to play in summer league games? If so, Wiggins IS signed!!

No, they don't have to be. Clarkson wasn't signed for the Lakers. The reason Clarkson played unsigned and Randle didn't is because as a 2nd round pick, Clarkson's contract isn't guaranteed. Randle's would be, so he didn't and shouldn't risk injury until he had his guaranteed money.

Wiggins, made the choice to play without being signed. If I were his agent, I'd have advised against it, but that was his choice.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players get their money and their protection soon enough. Many of them jump right in to get that edge and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. Perception is reality many times in the entertainment/sports business.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't have to be. Clarkson wasn't signed for the Lakers. The reason Clarkson played unsigned and Randle didn't is because as a 2nd round pick, Clarkson's contract isn't guaranteed. Randle's would be, so he didn't and shouldn't risk injury until he had his guaranteed money.

Wiggins, made the choice to play without being signed. If I were his agent, I'd have advised against it, but that was his choice.

Gotcha. I tried to find his contract details online and couldn't. I guess I know why now! :laugh3:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players get their money and their protection soon enough. Many of them jump right in to get that edge and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. Perception is reality many times in the entertainment/sports business.

:agree: Well said.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and wiggins are close to a contract. If so he would not be available for trade for 9 weeks and Love wont be a Cav. Great news for Lakers fans who want him in FA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see how thing play out going forward. I really don't think Love wants to play anywhere else other than LA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has said he's sign an extension with GSW. If the reports are true, then he may very well get traded there.

If he's smart though, he won't sign an extension, because I don't see how giving up Klay, Lee and Barnes for Love makes them any better than if they just stand pat.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has said he's sign an extension with GSW. If the reports are true, then he may very well get traded there.

If he's smart though, he won't sign an extension, because I don't see how giving up Klay, Lee and Barnes for Love makes them any better than if they just stand pat.

I agree and personally, if the Cavs pull the trade for Love, I think they get deep into the playoffs, as the east is up for grabs, but NOBODY is beating a west team! Plus, where's the bench? Minny wins HUGE if this trades goes thru!

Waiters, Wiggins, Bennett, and Thompson for Love? :scratch:

If I'm a Cavs fan, I don't like this trade! :2cents:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and personally, if the Cavs pull the trade for Love, I think they get deep into the playoffs, as the east is up for grabs, but NOBODY is beating a west team! Plus, where's the bench? Minny wins HUGE if this trades goes thru!

Waiters, Wiggins, Bennett, and Thompson for Love? :scratch:

If I'm a Cavs fan, I don't like this trade! :2cents:

I have little doubt that if that trade gets made, it's because Lebron wanted it, not because Cleveland's FO wanted it.

I like how in "his letter" Lebron preaches patience and then wants the Cavs to trade the future for Love. I mean I know Love is only 25, but the guys they're looking to give up are 4-5 years younger.

His price tag will also limit future moves as well.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little doubt that if that trade gets made, it's because Lebron wanted it, not because Cleveland's FO wanted it.

I like how in "his letter" Lebron preaches patience and then wants the Cavs to trade the future for Love. I mean I know Love is only 25, but the guys they're looking to give up are 4-5 years younger.

His price tag will also limit future moves as well.

This is what gets me. Love came out after his freshman year, he's young, but it's not like he doesn't have worn tread on the tires. They haven't even given Wiggins a chance. He's raw right now, but if he does as well as the pundits thing he'll do, Cleveland has clearly f**ked up!! Plus, Waiters, Thompson and Bennett? Where's the bench? They're losing 4 quality guys, that's just so salaries match, correct? Would Cleveland take anything back?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Marshall is going to get claimed by the Bucks and the Lakers are screwed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I think Love is losing his bearings with all of the activity he is facing. These young athletes make statements that they later regret and now who knows where Love wants to play because his reasons are obviously being influenced by money and the carrot of a championship which may or may not happen in Cleveland even with James pulling the strings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what gets me. Love came out after his freshman year, he's young, but it's not like he doesn't have worn tread on the tires. They haven't even given Wiggins a chance. He's raw right now, but if he does as well as the pundits thing he'll do, Cleveland has clearly f**ked up!! Plus, Waiters, Thompson and Bennett? Where's the bench? They're losing 4 quality guys, that's just so salaries match, correct? Would Cleveland take anything back?

Cleveland would get Love and likely Martins horrible contract is my understanding.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Marshall is going to get claimed by the Bucks and the Lakers are screwed.

I don't know about screwed. I'd like for the Lakers to be able to retain him, but truthfully, he'd be a luxury more than anything. The Lakers have 2 healthy point guards in Lin and Clarkson and hopefully Nash will be able to contribute something as well.

If things get too bad, Kobe and Xavier can fill in at point as well.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about screwed. I'd like for the Lakers to be able to retain him, but truthfully, he'd be a luxury more than anything. The Lakers have 2 healthy point guards in Lin and Clarkson and hopefully Nash will be able to contribute something as well.

If things get too bad, Kobe and Xavier can fill in at point as well.

It's funny because ESPN did a possible starting lineup for this season, they had Nash starting! :laugh3:

I'm not really concerned with the PG spot. I do like Mecca's idea of going after Dragic right away next season.