• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lacy sophomore slump

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think this is possible. The broncos fan I chat with apparently believes it and does not want to draft him. It makes me concerned if I get him. You'd think with the packers he would be able to still maintain production but maybe some bigger defenses are preparing to stack the box against him and make Rodgers beat them anyways? Some of the bigger defenses have piled up on secondary to beat even the best of offenses. Concerns?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think this is possible. The broncos fan I chat with apparently believes it and does not want to draft him. It makes me concerned if I get him. You'd think with the packers he would be able to still maintain production but maybe some bigger defenses are preparing to stack the box against him and make Rodgers beat them anyways? Some of the bigger defenses have piled up on secondary to beat even the best of offenses. Concerns?

Of course it's possible, but I certainly wouldn't expect it. Hopefully Rodgers is healthy is all year. That certainly figures to make Lacy even more productive than he was last year, right?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely possible. GB has had a lot of injuries over the past few years to their playmakers.
Rodgers has missed 8 of 32 regular season games in last 2 seasons.
Cobb has missed 12 of 32 regular season games in last 2 seasons.
Nelson has missed 4 of 32 regular season games in last 2 seasons.
Jennings missed 11 of 32 regular season games during 2011 & 2012 seasons.
I can't even remember the last time a Green Bay running back played a whole season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a great, safe option. I just don't think he's an automatic top five ir six pick. Nobody us stacking the box against Rodgers, not sure where that idea cane from, but he did have 11TD last year and I don't think double digits are coming again, due to Rodgers' efficiency in the passing game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a great, safe option. I just don't think he's an automatic top five ir six pick. Nobody us stacking the box against Rodgers, not sure where that idea cane from, but he did have 11TD last year and I don't think double digits are coming again, due to Rodgers' efficiency in the passing game.

you dont think with a health rodgers he wont have MORE oppurtunity, and less keying on him.........

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think more than not, Rodgers will be throwing the TD's. Plus, he'll add a couple of sneaks too. Rodgers has an ego. He has backed up that ego, but with Peyton's big year, he's back in the shadows...and something tells me he's drooling over that 50 TD range and wants to be in that discussion.

Like I said, I still think he's a safe option, and don't blame anyone valuing him at 5 or 6, but I think everyone is looking at his 11 TD last year, and therefore putting him ahead of guys in the same rush yardage territory, like Bernard and Bell thinking the same will happen, not considering the 20-30 more catches the others will get.

That being said, I understand the upside is still there in a prolific offense and him being what looks like a durable back and would not be shocked if he hit double digit TD again.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Rodgers licking his chops for that and I have him as a keeper potential over Bell.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone wanna dig up that post from years back. . Think it was Joe.. maybe Lefty?.. but tried to find a correlation between a string passing game helping or hurting a running game, and vice versa? If I recall there really want much evidence either way, other than balance being the best of both worlds. . Which makes perfect sense

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think more than not, Rodgers will be throwing the TD's. Plus, he'll add a couple of sneaks too. Rodgers has an ego. He has backed up that ego, but with Peyton's big year, he's back in the shadows...and something tells me he's drooling over that 50 TD range and wants to be in that discussion.

Like I said, I still think he's a safe option, and don't blame anyone valuing him at 5 or 6, but I think everyone is looking at his 11 TD last year, and therefore putting him ahead of guys in the same rush yardage territory, like Bernard and Bell thinking the same will happen, not considering the 20-30 more catches the others will get.

That being said, I understand the upside is still there in a prolific offense and him being what looks like a durable back and would not be shocked if he hit double digit TD again.

Ego or not, Peyton's best years come with a top 5 RB, so if anyone believes Rodgers is gonna to be on fire this season, it seems contradictory to think that Lacy won't also have a good season. There will be plenty of big games for Lacy due to defenses keying in on Rodgers and the passing attack, imo.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Lacy is going to get double digit TDs again this year. The man is a bruiser that loves contact. If Green Bay is within 5 yards of the end zone, you better believe that lacy is going to get an opportunity given it's early in the game and the packers have multiple downs to work with.