• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i would love George and Bledsoe

but IT, Crowder and Gasol/Cousins trumps that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He refused to take a extension that would have seen the Cavs trade for Bledsoe and George.

George was even willing to pick up his player option.

That much smoke usually means fire.

Eh, I just think LeBron - as a principle - doesn't believe in verbally committing to anything past his contract, and I don't blame him one bit.

Why is LeBron the one player in the NBA that people just expect to verbally commit beyond his contract? No one does that and no one should do that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Doesn't mean Miami would want them either though especially not dragic. He would be too old by then IMO
I mean- isnt that exactly what other teams would think about Dragic too?

I highly doubt that - the next year- when Dragic would be 35 before the playoffs started- he would be in line to get a 19M dollar a year pay day.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think thats great news...it shows that the reports that he is "definitely gone" are the bullshit that they have always been.

That and- if the Cavs could have definitely gotten George and Bledsoe for Irving the deal would have been made.

I dont doubt it was discussed- i saw it discussed- but it meant the Suns giving up Bledsoe and Jackson to get Irving-----

the same exact thing they said they WOULDNT do.
It didn't get done because of Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't get done because of Lebron.
if you told LeBron you could bring back prime Bird and Magic to play with he isnt going to give Gilbert leverage over his career long term.

he will do what he has done- go year to year- or maybe sign a 2 year deal- like you suggested he would- but hes not going to tie himself down for 3-4 years and have no ability to hold the organizations feet to the fire to a guy who he doesnt trust in Gilbert.

I mean- its no secret- i think both guys despise eachother. LeBron isnt going to put himself at Dan Gilberts mercy for an extended period of time under ANY circumstances.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you told LeBron you could bring back prime Bird and Magic to play with he isnt going to give Gilbert leverage over his career long term.

he will do what he has done- go year to year- or maybe sign a 2 year deal- like you suggested he would- but hes not going to tie himself down for 3-4 years and have no ability to hold the organizations feet to the fire to a guy who he doesnt trust in Gilbert.

I mean- its no secret- i think both guys despise eachother. LeBron isnt going to put himself at Dan Gilberts mercy for an extended period of time under ANY circumstances.
Yeah, you and @gordontrue have a point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that the only person in this thread that doesn't think you're a dumbass is yourself.
hey the grownups are trying to have a conversation.....there is a pudding pack in the fridge and a playstation 4 on the tv in the basement...go have fun!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was looking at those contracts for Whiteside and @bksballer89 was right-- Whiteside's last year IS a player option for 27M in '19-'20

the top 10 highest players in the NBA this year?

1. Curry- 34.7
2. Bron- 33.2
3. Milsap- 31.2
4. Hayward- 29.7
5. Griffin- 29.5
6. Lowry- 28.7
7. Conley- 28.5
8. RW- 28.5
9. Harden- 28.3
10. DeRozan- 27.7

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey the grownups are trying to have a conversation.....there is a pudding pack in the fridge and a playstation 4 on the tv in the basement...go have fun!

There's nothing grown up about you @ all. And nice try I have never been a fan of video games, that's more your style. Did you order you life size LeBron blown-up doll yet?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a fucking 2nd round pick. useless. akin to a 7th rounder in football.

Depends. There are often times "hidden gems" or guys who were considered 1st rounders but dropped for whatever reason that can be picked up in the 2nd round ("steal of the draft" type guys) if your scouting department can find them.

Granted, most 2nd rounders end up being fringe players or out of the league and playing overseas or in the G-league. But there are usually 3 or 4 guys in the 2nd round who can actually be contributors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I just think LeBron - as a principle - doesn't believe in verbally committing to anything past his contract, and I don't blame him one bit.

Why is LeBron the one player in the NBA that people just expect to verbally commit beyond his contract? No one does that and no one should do that.

Because he's the one player that has a history of leaving as well as having his annual opt outs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's the one player that has a history of leaving as well as having his annual opt outs.

Not anymore. Other players that are good enough to do it are following suit because its smart. They're figuring out what owners have known all along - giving loyalty to a business makes no sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore. Other players that are good enough to do it are following suit because its smart. They're figuring out what owners have known all along - giving loyalty to a business makes no sense.

What other players have followed suit? Durant did it wouldn't prevent the Warriors from re-signing their core. Guarantee that he signs a 4/5 year deal next summer in Oakland. Outside of him, what other all star level player has annual opt outs like Lebron?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other players have followed suit? Durant did it wouldn't prevent the Warriors from re-signing their core. Guarantee that he signs a 4/5 year deal next summer in Oakland. Outside of him, what other all star level player has annual opt outs like Lebron?

First of all, LeBron's last contract was a 2+1, so its not "annual opt outs".

Durant just signed a 1+1.
Westbrook signed a 2+1
Millsap (3rd highest player in the league) just signed a 2+1
Hawyard just signed a 3+1
Horford signed a 3+1

Won't be a bit surprised to see PG13, Westbrook, or DMC sign a 2+1 next off-season.

More and more, we're seeing the best players trade away long guaranteed deals for the leverage that comes with shorter deals and player options.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, LeBron's last contract was a 2+1, so its not "annual opt outs".

Durant just signed a 1+1.
Westbrook signed a 2+1
Millsap (3rd highest player in the league) just signed a 2+1
Hawyard just signed a 3+1
Horford signed a 3+1

Won't be a bit surprised to see PG13, Westbrook, or DMC sign a 2+1 next off-season.

More and more, we're seeing the best players trade away long guaranteed deals for the leverage that comes with shorter deals and player options.

Most contracts have some type of opt out near the end. Once again, Durant signed a 1+1 because the Warriors didn't have bird rights and he'll eventually want a max. If he signed the max, it would've caused the Warriors to gut a good portion of their roster. Durant's allowing the Warriors to maintain flexibility. Don't be surprised if Durant signs a 4-5 year contract next summer.

Russell Westbrook's current contract came off an extension. So he couldn't surpass the 5-year duration that exists within the CBA.

Paul Milsap's 32 years old and will be 33 at the halfway point of the season. That could've been the Nuggets that only gave 3 years.

Hayward signed for the most money that he could and the longest duration. The Celtics didn't have his bird rights, so he couldn't do 5 years, only 4. Again, there's usually more often than not, an opt out whether it be team or player, or both.

Horford, same as Hayward.

Iirc, Lebron couldn't keep doing 1+1 based on a rule in the CBA. Having said that, why did Lebron not sign a long term deal yet with Cleveland?