• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right Whiteside & Dragic will opt out after the '18-'19 season. And I gotta say they'll look pretty damn good in a Cavs uni for the '19-'20 season.

Danny deep pocketz Gilbert rulz!:yes:

If they got Whiteside....

Wiggy's system might short circuit at that point.

I'm still ticked at Danny for not signing Whiteside when it was clear he was a stud. he embarrassed the chinese league, and and then put up like 8 and 6 for the Griz in like 10mpg of action in pre-season work. Then he got cut, signed with Miami and became a legit gamma.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right Whiteside & Dragic will opt out after the '18-'19 season. And I gotta say they'll look pretty damn good in a Cavs uni for the '19-'20 season.

Danny deep pocketz Gilbert rulz!:yes:

It is just funny how those 2 all of sudden think players don't use their player options. Only way those 2 don't opt out is if they suffer a season ending injury early in 2018 and know a team would try to lowball them. Otherwise there is no question both guys are opting out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic turns 32 before the season ends

you think its a foregone conclusion that he turns down a guaranteed 19M going into his age 34 season?

According to hoopshype Whitesides 2019/2020 contract is guaranteed- not a player option.

Tyler Johnson has a 19M dollar player option in 2019/2020 due to the poison pill contract and huge escalator due to the Nets RFA offer.

Hassan Whiteside

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cavs I'd swap TT and that BKN pick for Cousins in a heartbeat.

Problem is, I don't think the Pelicans are interested in swapping wins for picks right now. So, the Cavs either have to wait for the season to get going and hope the Pelicans don't do well and Cousins becomes available...

OR bring in a 3rd team. Something like...

Grizz get TT/BKN pick
Pels get Gasol/MIA 2020 pick
Cavs get Cousins

I think Pels would consider that cause they swap 1 year of Cousins for 3 years of Gasol, who might actually be a better fit for AD.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're in NBA purgatory.

They're not gonna get premium picks and they're capped out for the next few years. And they're behind the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors and Bucks for sure.

Plus you have teams like Charlotte who can be better, and the sixers probably in 2018/19.

Do weird things happen? Of course.

But the odds are they will live in purgatory.

No.

C!ippers, Memphis, Blazers are in purgatory.

Should they just fold up?

Everyone is playing for 2nd place.

The Heat just needs to develop their young talent before we banish them to purgatory prematurely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still ticked at Danny for not signing Whiteside when it was clear he was a stud. he embarrassed the chinese league, and and then put up like 8 and 6 for the Griz in like 10mpg of action in pre-season work. Then he got cut, signed with Miami and became a legit gamma.
Miami signed him- cut him- the Griz picked him up- cut him- and then miami resigned him if i remember correctly

dont forget that Miami has no 2nd rounders for like the next half decade and owe 2 1st rounders that are barely protected to the Susn.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Cavs I'd swap TT and that BKN pick for Cousins in a heartbeat.

Problem is, I don't think the Pelicans are interested in swapping wins for picks right now. So, the Cavs either have to wait for the season to get going and hope the Pelicans don't do well and Cousins becomes available...

OR bring in a 3rd team. Something like...

Grizz get TT/BKN pick
Pels get Gasol/MIA 2020 pick
Cavs get Cousins

I think Pels would consider that cause they swap 1 year of Cousins for 3 years of Gasol, who might actually be a better fit for AD.
The Pelicans are not gonna blow it up before the deadline.

I think you should target Marc Gasol.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami signed him- cut him- the Griz picked him up- cut him- and then miami resigned him if i remember correctly

dont forget that Miami has no 2nd rounders for like the next half decade and owe 2 1st rounders that are barely protected to the Susn.

the point is danny didn't sign him or Larry Sanders like he shoudl've.

hell he should've gotten sanders thrown into this deal for IT.

at least give yourself a chance to win the deal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well according to wiggy Whiteside isn't even a true C. Which means the Heat aren't playing him in the right position.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

C!ippers, Memphis, Blazers are in purgatory.

Should they just fold up?

Everyone is playing for 2nd place.

The Heat just needs to develop their young talent before we banish them to purgatory prematurely.
Say what you will about the Clippers and Blazers--- Griffin and Lillard are legit all star caliber players.

it may be years before Miami has the capacity to add a player like that- which is what you need to win in the NBA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just funny how those 2 all of sudden think players don't use their player options. Only way those 2 don't opt out is if they suffer a season ending injury early in 2018 and know a team would try to lowball them. Otherwise there is no question both guys are opting out.

If they don't opt out I'd be surprised. Doesn't mean both wouldn't sign a new deal though to stay in Miami though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to wiggy Whiteside isn't even a true C. Which means the Heat aren't playing him in the right position.
Whiteside is one of the few guys in the league that is a true center- and thats not a compliment.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the REALLY funny thing is this trade might be the thing that saves LeBron staying in Cleveland.
He refused to take a extension that would have seen the Cavs trade for Bledsoe and George.

George was even willing to pick up his player option.

That much smoke usually means fire.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't opt out I'd be surprised. Doesn't mean both wouldn't sign a new deal though to stay in Miami though.
who knows 2 years from now

Dragic entering his age 34 season will def. have to think twice before giving up 19M guaranteed.

Whiteside giving up 27M guarantee is an awful pretty penny as well.

If they are playing really well and warrant the same amount of money- sure-- why not opt out- but if they are playing well and would get that same money on the FA market- than you wouldnt WANT them to opt out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He refused to take a extension that would have seen the Cavs trade for Bledsoe and George.

George was even willing to pick up his player option.

That much smoke usually means fire.
uhhhhhhh....id LOVE to see the report on that- i cant think of a person that follows the Cavs more closely and i never heard that once.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is one of the few guys in the league that is a true center- and thats not a compliment.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Whiteside's a better player than Thompson. When will yo realize that? Probably never is my guess.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhhhhhh....id LOVE to see the report on that- i cant think of a person that follows the Cavs more closely and i never heard that once.
My post from yesterday....

Lmao @ anyone who doesn't think Lebron is bolting next year.

I'm sure you guys already discussed this.

But, unless Broussard is lying again, this is a huge red flag.

Chris Broussard: “However, there is reason to believe that he would leave. Heading into the draft, we know that Cleveland had a deal on the table where they could’ve gotten Eric Bledsoe and Paul George for Kyrie Irving in a three-team deal [with the Phoenix Suns and Indiana Pacers]. Dan Gilbert went to LeBron and wanted him to sign long-term. He said, ‘I’ll do the deal if you sign long-term.’ And I’m told that Paul George was willing to [opt-in] to the final year of his contract. He wasn’t ready to commit long-term, but he told Cleveland, ‘Look, if you do this, I’ll pick up my option,’ so he would’ve been there for two years. And LeBron, still, did not commit long-term. Now, again, I’m not saying this means he is definitely gone, but it’s certainly a red-flag.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post from yesterday....
i think thats great news...it shows that the reports that he is "definitely gone" are the bullshit that they have always been.

That and- if the Cavs could have definitely gotten George and Bledsoe for Irving the deal would have been made.

I dont doubt it was discussed- i saw it discussed- but it meant the Suns giving up Bledsoe and Jackson to get Irving-----

the same exact thing they said they WOULDNT do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is true. Doesn't mean Miami would want them either though especially not dragic. He would be too old by then IMO