• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it.

If they put Baynes on the floor to help their rebounding Love will destroy him. Tristan Thompson is basically the perfect matchup/defender for Horford.

the Celtics 3 pt shooting is not very good and that lack of floor spacing will be more important than you think.

the Celtics bench is incredibly young and untested compared to a veteran battle tested Cavs bench.

and - most importantly- the Celtics have absolutely no answer for LeBron. Its not like Crowder was a GOOD answer for Lebron- but at least he is one of the better guys in the East that can at least not get Marcelleus Wallace'd in Pulp Fiction against the King. LeBron will make Tatum and Brown squeal like a pig.

Now who guards LeBron? A 20 year old Jaylen Brown? a 19 year old Jayson Tatum?

Hayward could try but it will effect him on the offensive end dealing with the L-Train.

as presently constructed- it doesnt even seem to be the Celtics ultimate goal to beat the Cavs this year.

If they use some of their remaining assets to bring in a legitmate front court player, a 2 that can shoot a 3, and someone that you can throw against LeBron with at least some expectation of slowing him down a little- it could get interesting

as presently constructed- the Cavs rebounding, 3 pt shooting, and having LeBron are big enough advantages to where Boston would have to pull off a major upset for it to happen.
I almost 100% agree with this analysis.

Cav's are a terrible match-up for Boston. They were last year, and the year before that... they are again going into next season.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait a minute--- what is your ideal Celtics starting lineup?

Because Morris plays PF if i am not mistaken.

What are you gonna have Marcus Smart rolling to the basket with Tristan Thompson? Or guarding Love or Frye on the 3 pt line?

while thats happening is Horford going to be guarding Love on the perimeter? Can you imagine the hole in the middle of the defense? IT will be able to walk to the rim even if he just has 1 leg.
Probably not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost 100% agree with this analysis.

Cav's are a terrible match-up for Boston. They were last year, and the year before that... they are again going into next season.
Celtics are 1 borderline all star front court player from making it interesting. I just dont see how a front court rotation of Horford, Morris and Baynes is good enough.

If you are going to beat LeBron you need to have some clear cut advantages else where on the court.

the one trump card the Celtics now have is Kyrie. The Cavs really dont have anyone that can cover him. He could go for 40 a night easily against IT.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morris isnt a rebounder hes a perimeter defender. did we forget hayward?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are 1 borderline all star front court player from making it interesting. I just dont see how a front court rotation of Horford, Morris and Baynes is good enough.

If you are going to beat LeBron you need to have some clear cut advantages else where on the court.

the one trump card the Celtics now have is Kyrie. The Cavs really dont have anyone that can cover him. He could go for 40 a night easily against IT.
what about hayward? be will be in the mix too. they arent playing a plodding baynes 40 mins.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... C's would need to ball out on offense to have a chance. Outscore the Cav's. Which is possible on any given night... but very, very hard to depend upon in a 7 game series.

Cav's would crush Boston on the glass. Crush.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown are both gamers though. Tough guys, potential to be great defenders. Smart showed me a lot in the ECF. I love how both guys fight their asses off. Its why I would take Jaylen Brown over Brandon Ingram if there was a redraft today. Ingram has more upside no doubt- but Brown has no fear.

the Celtics are going to battle for the East with the Sixers for a long time here in a couple years once LeBron leavees/retires.

but RIGHT NOW....its hard to see them beating the Cavs absent another significant deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unless that front court player is 2008 KG (who was basically as good as Cousins and Brow combined in that 538 article), then don't bother.

hence why i said don't bother with this trade.

you overpay and still have next to no chance of beating CLE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morris isnt a rebounder hes a perimeter defender. did we forget hayward?
one of the reasons why I LOVE the CAvs getting Crowder is that Lebron no longer has to use substantial amounts of energy guarding the other sides best wing player- like Hayward.

Now- Crowder can get physical on Hayward while LeBron guards someone like Marcus Morris or Smart--- and conserve his energy.

Hayward can try and guard LeBron sure--- but itll cost him on the other side of the floor- and the Celtics need him there. Kyrie cant do it alone on offense.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown are both gamers though. Tough guys, potential to be great defenders. Smart showed me a lot in the ECF. I love how both guys fight their asses off. Its why I would take Jaylen Brown over Brandon Ingram if there was a redraft today. Ingram has more upside no doubt- but Brown has no fear.

the Celtics are going to battle for the East with the Sixers for a long time here in a couple years once LeBron leavees/retires.

but RIGHT NOW....its hard to see them beating the Cavs absent another significant deal.

don't forget MIL.

Esp if they can ever turn Parker and Brogdan into that 3rd star.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers are scum with no honor.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the reasons why I LOVE the CAvs getting Crowder is that Lebron no longer has to use substantial amounts of energy guarding the other sides best wing player- like Hayward.

Now- Crowder can get physical on Hayward while LeBron guards someone like Marcus Morris or Smart--- and conserve his energy.

Hayward can try and guard LeBron sure--- but itll cost him on the other side of the floor- and the Celtics need him there. Kyrie cant do it alone on offense.
meh. did you know marcus smart had a better 3% than crowder in the playoffs last year?

marcus smart, who shoots with his eyes closed.

i like crowder. solid 2 way player, does a lot of little things...but he doesnt do one thing well. he really thinks he is a superstar in the league.

there was some word that he upset the locker room last year too, not sure what to read into that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. did you know marcus smart had a better 3% than crowder in the playoffs last year?

marcus smart, who shoots with his eyes closed.

i like crowder. solid 2 way player, does a lot of little things...but he doesnt do one thing well. he really thinks he is a superstar in the league.

there was some word that he upset the locker room last year too, not sure what to read into that.
has there ever been a player or manager to leave Boston that didnt take potshots when they stepped out the door?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally think the Cavs won this deal. Kyrie could become a locker room problem. Plus Kyrie can't play defense. The Cavs got the more rounded player in Thomas. I personally think he could be a top 5 PG this year. Westbrook Paul, Wall, Curry,Thomas. I consider Harden true SG this year now Paul is in HOU. If i'm wrong please let me know.

Thomas is 5'8", he couldn't defend me. Both are scorers that dish the ball as a second option. Neither is a defensive wizard.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has there ever been a player or manager to leave Boston that didnt take potshots when they stepped out the door?
Sure. lots. no one smeared pierce or KG. now rick pitino...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we threw him a fucking parade for winning a cup...in colorado. sad day.

I wasn't happy about that. Truth is I wasn't wasn't rooting for Colorado to win the cup just because Ray was on the team.

Fuck Patrick Roy and the Avalanche.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't decide how I feel about this trade until the trade deadline.

By then I'll know:

1) A LOT more about IT's health
2) Whether the Cavs plan is to use the BKN pick to win now and give LeBron a reason to stay or to give up on contending.