• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie seems like a pretty selfish player more interested in glory than championships.

Caveat Emptor for any team looking to get him.

He wants the most cash possible.
I have zero issue with that.
He has no shot at all NBA as being James sidekick.
Its a stupid rule to begin with IMO, this is whats going to happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given his list of teams he is willing to play for it doesn't seem like competitiveness is all that important to Kyrie.

I don't have a problem with a player wanting to maximize his earnings but I don't see how moving to the Knicks makes that more likely. Playing for the Knicks or Heat gives him more publicity but I don't think that means he will have a better shot at All-NBA. It's pretty hard to get All-NBA on a non-playoff team.

ESPN had a pretty scathing article about Kyrie's ability to be the guy.

Is Kyrie following Kobe's lead, and is that a good thing?

The Knicks are the headscratcher because they have been terrible for years. Although he and Porzingis could be interesting building blocks. If the Heat didn't have to give up much for him, he could be what they need to get to at least the ECF given how they finished up last year.

I forget who the other 2 teams were, I think one was Minny, who would also benefit from having Kyrie if they don't have to give up too much.

Sample size in the article seems small and prior to Lebron returning, the Cavs were trying to rebuild, so it's not as if there were experienced players. They did improve their record every season with Kyrie prior to Lebron.

In short, we really don't know how a Kyrie led team will perform because we don't know what it would look like.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Kyrie reportedly considered asking for a trade last off-season tells me this has nothing to do with LeBron potentially leaving.

This is a guy that was all set to be the alpha dog, suddenly got yanked from that role, played nice and won a championship, and is now itching to finally be that alpha dog.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Kyrie reportedly considered asking for a trade last off-season tells me this has nothing to do with LeBron potentially leaving.

This is a guy that was all set to be the alpha dog, suddenly got yanked from that role, played nice and won a championship, and is now itching to finally be that alpha dog.

He prob got tired of seeing the block vs the shot.
To be fair, Id rate them equally as important.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is prolly gonna be a Thunder fan again with the pickup of PG and them possibly getting Melo.