• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving's re-injured left knee

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked bad when it happened but it's a good sign he was able to limp off on his own power. He didn't need to be carried off...

Kyrie Irving's re-injured left knee looms over rest of NBA Finals | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports

As expected, the Cavaliers did not have an immediate update on Irving's status for Game 2 and the rest of the Finals.

“He’s with the doctors right now being evaluated,” head coach David Blatt said. “I can’t give you any specifics yet. We just don’t know.”

The circumstantial evidence is not positive. Irving briefly made himself available to media at his locker after the game and confirmed that he had aggravated his left knee, but he also admitted worry over his status for the rest of the series:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it highly unlikely that he has tendinitis. He probably has something similar that bugged Wade the last couple of seasons. Ironic, part of the reason Lebron left is likely Wade's health. Just to go to a all-star caliber player that's injured just as much if not more than Wade.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it highly unlikely that he has tendinitis. He probably has something similar that bugged Wade the last couple of seasons. Ironic, part of the reason Lebron left is likely Wade's health. Just to go to a all-star caliber player that's injured just as much if not more than Wade.
Last two seasons Wade has played 54 and 62 games, Kyrie 71 and 75. Neither makes the full season, Kyrie has yet to make 1 in his career, but not out as much as Wade at this point in his career.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs just need to hold down his minutes at the beginning of the season, off the recovery. Also, I would like them to sit him every now and then especially before the playoffs like Coach Pop does. He needs to be healthy for the playoffs for the Cavs to compete. Blatt will learn, but I still dont fault him for playing him so many minutes in Game 1, they needed him with the lack of depth.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is a fragile player.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean as in injury prone. In the nursing industry - they call certain patients a fall risk because there is a greater chance they will fall and injure themselves. And yet my mother was less likely to fall and get hurt when she was 80 years old then Irving is now

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is made out of glass. We been seeing this from some players as of late.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is made out of glass. We been seeing this from some players as of late.

Mainly the guys that can get to the rim, very athletic and cut a lot. DRose is the best example but there are many more.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly the guys that can get to the rim, very athletic and cut a lot. DRose is the best example but there are many more.
I agree, because they go so hard and they twist that knee with so much torque that they get hard. They hit the floor a lot. Think about it LBJ does hit the floor that much for a guy that drives to the basket.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last two seasons Wade has played 54 and 62 games, Kyrie 71 and 75. Neither makes the full season, Kyrie has yet to make 1 in his career, but not out as much as Wade at this point in his career.

Over the past 4 years, Wade has averaged 60 games per season and Kyrie has averaged 64. Several of Wade's missed games were to get him rest for the playoffs. The Heat played an additional 60+ playoff games over that time and Wade missed one.

In his first trip to the playoffs, Kyrie will have missed at least 4 playoff games. Not looking too good for Kyrie's future health and availability.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fractured knee cap. Out 3-4 months

That sucks for the Finals

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the f*%$ do you fracture a knee cap on a non-contact play.

Anyone else think the Cleveland medical staff screwed up the initial diagnoses?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp that is all she wrote for the Cavs what an unlucky city Cleveland is.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, strange. I remember him slipping. I don't remember seeing contact on that play where he slipped. Maybe he got injured on an earlier play???

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really sucks. I figured this would be one of the more entertaining Finals in a long time. Now it's just a coronation. For those comparing Wade and Irving, Wade's an old as man at this point. It's not really shocking that the way he plays his body is breaking down. Irving is too young to be constantly injured. On the bright side though, the championship drought for the Mistake by the Lake lives on!!!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just inquired about this on another thread...I would like some more details about his knee-what I saw last night does not necessarily show me someone cracking their kneecap

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what lebron deserves. constantly trying to build super teams for easy trips to finals. hate to see injuries. but this is like karma from the basketball gods. going back to cleveland to team up with kyrie wasn't enough. he had to bring in kevin love...then that wasn't enough he needed to add more help with shumpert and jr smith. alone not huge pieces but on a stacked team makes a difference. then still not enough. needed rebounding help...go out and get mosgov. at the end of the day you have to say how much help does the supposedly best player on planet need?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what lebron deserves. constantly trying to build super teams for easy trips to finals. hate to see injuries. but this is like karma from the basketball gods. going back to cleveland to team up with kyrie wasn't enough. he had to bring in kevin love...then that wasn't enough he needed to add more help with shumpert and jr smith. alone not huge pieces but on a stacked team makes a difference. then still not enough. needed rebounding help...go out and get mosgov. at the end of the day you have to say how much help does the supposedly best player on planet need?

A lakers fan against super teams. lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really sucks. I figured this would be one of the more entertaining Finals in a long time. Now it's just a coronation. For those comparing Wade and Irving, Wade's an old as man at this point. It's not really shocking that the way he plays his body is breaking down. Irving is too young to be constantly injured. On the bright side though, the championship drought for the Mistake by the Lake lives on!!!

There was a list of most cursed cities I read a while ago. Atlanta was number two, but Cleveland took the crown as number one. It's to the point that it's comical now. I would guess that Cleveland fans just laught about it, too. Up to this point, I've always rooted for the Cleveland team to get it done (Browns-Broncos games of the '80s, Indians in '95 and '97, Cavs in '07), but obviously, I can't root for the Cleveland team in this series.