• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving's re-injured left knee

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter how a team is put together as long as it is done within the rules? Ironically, the only reason the Lakers got Worthy was because of a stupid trade made by the Cavaliers.

Actually, it does to a point. Lebron worked together with 2 other superstars to build his first super team. Then, when he decided that one wasn't working anymore, he left to go build another one. He was completely disingenuous in both situations too.

The Lakers built theirs through drafts and trades. Also, on the Kobe trade demand. Here's another difference. Kobe said, get me some help or trade me. The Lakers chose to get him some help. Lebron, on the other hand, bailed on the Cavs and then the Heat.

In other words, Kobe gave his FO the chance to go out and get him some help and they responded. Lebron didn't give the Cavs or the Heat the same opportunity. He didn't even give them the opportunity to do a sign and trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be very close friends with LeBron to be making a statement like that.

Actually, it was a sign-and-trade when he went to the Heat.

Way after the fact+ it only benefited him.
Extra year meant nothing to the Heat cause of the opt out clause.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be very close friends with LeBron to be making a statement like that.

Actually, it was a sign-and-trade when he went to the Heat.

Not friends with him at all. But to say he was disingenuous in how he went about leaving is simply a fact. He led the Cavs and their fans to believe that he'd be back and then dumped them on national television. Then, he led Miami to believe he'd be back to the point that Wade and Bosh opted out to take less so that Miami could give him a max deal before returning to Cleveland.

It doesn't require being friends with him to see how disingenuous that was. However, it does require not being a fanboy to see it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not friends with him at all. But to say he was disingenuous in how he went about leaving is simply a fact. He led the Cavs and their fans to believe that he'd be back and then dumped them on national television. Then, he led Miami to believe he'd be back to the point that Wade and Bosh opted out to take less so that Miami could give him a max deal before returning to Cleveland.

It doesn't require being friends with him to see how disingenuous that was. However, it does require not being a fanboy to see it.

I'd recommend a quick brush up on fact vs opinion.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way after the fact+ it only benefited him.
Extra year meant nothing to the Heat cause of the opt out clause.

Trojan said "he didn't even give them a chance to do a sign-and-trade". I was simply correcting a false statement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd recommend a quick brush up on fact vs opinion.

No need to brush up on anything. I know the difference between fact and opinion and Lebron being disingenuous in both of those situations is a fact that has been documented by his actions.

You may want to brush up on the difference between words and actions, however.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last two seasons Wade has played 54 and 62 games, Kyrie 71 and 75. Neither makes the full season, Kyrie has yet to make 1 in his career, but not out as much as Wade at this point in his career.

He only played what?...13 games in College.

At what point do we declare this guy brittle?

Seriously, he is chronically broken.

I really love his game.

So, I'm hoping he doesn't go out like Brandon Roy.

Ton of skill. But, his body can't hold up.

Kind of poetic considering Bron left the Heat because he was tired of carrying so much of the load with Wade always injured...only to build a Super Team and both of his other Super Friends go out with injuries.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really love his game.

Kind of poetic considering Bron left the Heat because he was tired of carrying so much of the load with Wade always injured...only to build a Super Team and both of his other Super Friends go out with injuries.

He played 11 games @ dook. Hell his sr. year in HS he only played in 3 games. The injury bug will dog him the rest of his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 11 games @ dook. Hell his sr. year in HS he only played in 3 games. The injury bug will dog him the rest of his career.

Damn. I knew about him only playing 11 games at Duke, but had no idea he only played in 3 during his senior year in high school. That sucks if he's going to be slowed by injuries the rest of his career. He has the talent to be an all-timer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I knew about him only playing 11 games at Duke, but had no idea he only played in 3 during his senior year in high school. That sucks if he's going to be slowed by injuries the rest of his career. He has the talent to be an all-timer.

I agree. He's a very talented hoopster but he just seems to frail for the grind of the regular season & playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You say he led Cavs fans to believe, but he never said anything. If a Cavs fan had any common sense you could tell he was bolting after walking out in the C's series. Then in Miami he never said anything about him staying and that is a fact. He might have waited too long for Miami's taste, but he never led them to believe he was staying.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn....He's still young.

Hopefully, it's just bad luck.

He's so much fun to watch.

Kyrie vs. Curry is like watching a video game...lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....He's still young.

Hopefully, it's just bad luck.

He's so much fun to watch.

Kyrie vs. Curry is like watching a video game...lol

His talent is unquestioned although when the Cavs drafted him I really shook my head due to his injury history. And the Cavs organization has had very little luck drafting (or even trading for) former dook players. They got rid of Ron Harper for Danny Ferry, really dumb move. Trajon Langdon was a bust, Carlos Boozer bolted after only 2 seasons & now they gotta deal w/ Always Injured Irving's issues.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really love his game.

This! I don't even follow the NBA, but I swear I have seen the scroll on the bottom of the screen talking about a Kyrie injury 1,000 times. This kind of shit won't get any better with age, either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say he led Cavs fans to believe, but he never said anything. If a Cavs fan had any common sense you could tell he was bolting after walking out in the C's series. Then in Miami he never said anything about him staying and that is a fact. He might have waited too long for Miami's taste, but he never led them to believe he was staying.

In an interview with Steve Smith in February of 2014, he said he can't picture himself playing anywhere but Miami in the 2014-2015 season. On top of this, he gave Pat his input on going after Josh McRoberts.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Steve Smith in February of 2014, he said he can't picture himself playing anywhere but Miami in the 2014-2015 season. On top of this, he gave Pat his input on going after Josh McRoberts.

It's OK, fanboy, you're a Warriors fan, now, anyway.