• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving's re-injured left knee

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're a New Yorker who is a Heat fan and has a Golden State player as his avatar. You are a fraud.

So I'm only allowed to have guys from my favorite team in the avatar? Shut the fuck up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how disingenuous Lebron was about the whole situation. As a Heat fan, I shouldn't be surprised. Although, Lebron left a front office that was actually experienced and competent in putting a competitive roster in place, unlike Cleveland, which is why I don't blame Lebron for leaving the first time; their front office simply didn't know what they were doing.

Hell, even Wade and Bosh at some point thought Lebron was coming back. Wade opted out of the final 2 years to restructure his deal so that Lebron could get the max. A situation that has now boiled over in Miami. But yeah, Lebron wanted to go home because he wanted to bring Cleveland a title. Has nothing to deal with the young talent and trade assets that they acquired over the last 4 years of sucking so bad.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how disingenuous Lebron was about the whole situation.

Yeah, a rocket scientist wouldn't help. You'd need a clairevoyant or a mind-reader.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a rocket scientist wouldn't help. You'd need a clairevoyant or a mind-reader.

Or just be able to look at his actions. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word disingenuous.

disingenuous (adjective): not truly honest or sincere: giving the false appearance of being honest or sincere.

When he told Cleveland fans that he had "a dream" to bring a championship to Cleveland and then left before he did....he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

When he said that he couldn't see himself playing anywhere but Miami and then left to return to Cleveland.....he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

When he had that letter written for him talking about how patient he was going to have to be teaching these young guys about winning titles and it was going to take awhile and then proceeded to re-make the roster into one designed to win now.......he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

Not sure why it is that you can't see this. I get it, you're a Lebroniac. But the dude isn't perfect. Just because Lebron has shown himself to be disingenuous, doesn't mean he's not a great player.

Heck, from everything I've read and heard about Kobe, he's a humongous asshole and if I knew him, I'd probably hate him and want to punch him in the face. But that doesn't change the fact that he's been a great player and I'll root for him as long as he's a Laker.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just be able to look at his actions. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word disingenuous.

disingenuous (adjective): not truly honest or sincere: giving the false appearance of being honest or sincere.

When he told Cleveland fans that he had "a dream" to bring a championship to Cleveland and then left before he did....he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

When he said that he couldn't see himself playing anywhere but Miami and then left to return to Cleveland.....he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

When he had that letter written for him talking about how patient he was going to have to be teaching these young guys about winning titles and it was going to take awhile and then proceeded to re-make the roster into one designed to win now.......he proved himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

Not sure why it is that you can't see this. I get it, you're a Lebroniac. But the dude isn't perfect. Just because Lebron has shown himself to be disingenuous, doesn't mean he's not a great player.

Heck, from everything I've read and heard about Kobe, he's a humongous asshole and if I knew him, I'd probably hate him and want to punch him in the face. But that doesn't change the fact that he's been a great player and I'll root for him as long as he's a Laker.

1) My whole point was never that LeBron was perfect or unworthy of any criticism. It was that calling his actions disingenuous is subjective. And, yes, I agree that this topic has 0 to do with his greatness as a player.

2) Saying that you want to do something... and later making the decision to do something else is not being disingenuous. It might be or it might not be. It depends on what has or hasn't sincerely changed internally.

You and I can look at evidence and come to subjective conclusions about the level of sincerity in LeBron's desire to bring Cle a championship or stay with Miami... but we'll never know.

This isn't as black and white as you paint it out to be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) My whole point was never that LeBron was perfect or unworthy of any criticism. It was that calling his actions disingenuous is subjective. And, yes, I agree that this topic has 0 to do with his greatness as a player.

2) Saying that you want to do something... and later making the decision to do something else is not being disingenuous. It might be or it might not be. It depends on what has or hasn't sincerely changed internally.

You and I can look at evidence and come to subjective conclusions about the level of sincerity in LeBron's desire to bring Cle a championship or stay with Miami... but we'll never know.

This isn't as black and white as you paint it out to be.

He didn't say he wanted to do something. He said he was going to do something and then he didn't do it. That is the very definition of disingenuous. There's nothing subjective about it.

Obviously, Clevelanders can't hold him to the championship promise if he had stayed and they never won one. He has only a limited amount of control over that. However, he basically told 2 fanbases that he wasn't leaving and he left.

In 2010 Lebron said: " I have a goal and its a huge goal and that's to bring an NBA championship to Cleveland and I won't stop until I get it.”

Then he left. That showed him by his actions to be disingenuous.

When he was in Miami he said that he couldn't see himself playing anywhere else. Then he left. Once again, showing himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.

Lebron saying he's going to stay someplace is pretty much the equivalent of the dreaded "vote of confidence" from a GM.

If he tells his wife he'll never leave, she better hurry up and get divorce attorney on retainer.

You can try to make excuses for it, you can try to defend him on it all you want. But his actions speak for themselves.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even defending him. I'm defending the subjectivity of the sincerity of a person who is a stranger.

A task I never thought necessary.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even defending him. I'm defending the subjectivity of the sincerity of a person who is a stranger.

A task I never thought necessary.

Subjectivity?!? People are judged by their actions compared to their words. His actions were not the same as his words. You don't have to know someone to know they were insincere if they say one thing and then do another.

Does Lebron pay you to defend his honor like this? The man was disingenuous. His actions didn't match his words. I don't need to know him. I just need to know what he said and what he did. Just accept it and move on.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subjectivity?!? People are judged by their actions compared to their words. His actions were not the same as his words. You don't have to know someone to know they were insincere if they say one thing and then do another.

Does Lebron pay you to defend his honor like this? The man was disingenuous. His actions didn't match his words. I don't need to know him. I just need to know what he said and what he did. Just accept it and move on.

To be fair, LeBron haters and most Heat fans will never accept LeBron's decisions and move on.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny that you tell me to accept it and move on... I'm not the one that brought it up. I haven't even uttered a single word in defense of LeBron's offseason decisions/actions (in this thread).

I just accurately pointed out that any feeling about the level of sincerity of LeBron is pure speculation.

I've moved jobs 3 times in the last 3 years. In every job I was very happy and felt like I'd be there for 20+ years... and I was vocal about this feeling with coworkers and bosses. My sentiment was sincere. Then... things changed, opportunities presented themselves... and I felt like the best thing for me and my family was to move on. My words and actions - separated by months - conflicted. But everything I said and did in regards to my career decision was completely genuine.

I don't know if that was the case for LeBron. Maybe he was completely sincere in those statements. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know. Neither do you.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't seen it mentioned it but just for shits...not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, LeBron haters and most Heat fans will never accept LeBron's decisions and move on.

Most Heat fans have accepted it. Some of us are just still annoyed that he held us Hostage which prevented us from going after the other top free agents. Outside of that, most of us have moved on from Lebron. Our future is bright

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Heat fans have accepted it. Some of us are just still annoyed that he held us Hostage which prevented us from going after the other top free agents. Outside of that, most of us have moved on from Lebron. Our future is bright

I sense a lot of hate and anger from Heat posters here. But heck, I understand it. I would be pissed if Curry left us. Really I was just commenting that it's odd to say that gordontrue should "accept it and move on" when LeBron and his decisions are constantly hot topics here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense a lot of hate and anger from Heat posters here. But heck, I understand it. I would be pissed if Curry left us. Really I was just commenting that it's odd to say that gordontrue should "accept it and move on" when LeBron and his decisions are constantly hot topics here.

Honestly I think turnup is the only one who shows a lot of hate and anger. The rest of us are fine for the most part and I actually defended LBJ a lot this season

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that you tell me to accept it and move on... I'm not the one that brought it up. I haven't even uttered a single word in defense of LeBron's offseason decisions/actions (in this thread).

I just accurately pointed out that any feeling about the level of sincerity of LeBron is pure speculation.

I've moved jobs 3 times in the last 3 years. In every job I was very happy and felt like I'd be there for 20+ years... and I was vocal about this feeling with coworkers and bosses. My sentiment was sincere. Then... things changed, opportunities presented themselves... and I felt like the best thing for me and my family was to move on. My words and actions - separated by months - conflicted. But everything I said and did in regards to my career decision was completely genuine.

I don't know if that was the case for LeBron. Maybe he was completely sincere in those statements. Maybe he wasn't. I don't know. Neither do you.

You are either completely incapable of accepting that Lebron is not a perfect person or you are being willfully ignorant. I've posted with you long enough to know that you're not just plain stupid.

There is no speculation whatsoever about his sincerity. His actions prove that he was insincere. When you say one thing and then do another, you are not sincere. Period. End of story.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say he wanted to do something. He said he was going to do something and then he didn't do it. That is the very definition of disingenuous. There's nothing subjective about it.

Obviously, Clevelanders can't hold him to the championship promise if he had stayed and they never won one. He has only a limited amount of control over that. However, he basically told 2 fanbases that he wasn't leaving and he left.

In 2010 Lebron said: " I have a goal and its a huge goal and that's to bring an NBA championship to Cleveland and I won't stop until I get it.”

Then he left. That showed him by his actions to be disingenuous.

When he was in Miami he said that he couldn't see himself playing anywhere else. Then he left. Once again, showing himself to be disingenuous by his actions.

Not sure what's so difficult to grasp.

Lebron saying he's going to stay someplace is pretty much the equivalent of the dreaded "vote of confidence" from a GM.

If he tells his wife he'll never leave, she better hurry up and get divorce attorney on retainer.

You can try to make excuses for it, you can try to defend him on it all you want. But his actions speak for themselves.

So every player is disinegenuous then, right?? If he is asked a question while currently on a team why would he suggest he is going somewhere else. It would affect the chemistry of his team, coaches, fans, etc. This is more of a say it bc you have to sort of deal or maybe he really felt it at the time, who knows. What is he supposed to say, "no comment". That's more suspicious.

Point is. He did comeback to Cleveland, so he didnt stop just took a break lol
And as far as Miami, he probably did love it there, so at the time he didnt want to be anywhere else. He was winning championships in South Beach! Things change.

I am not saying I am right and you are wrong, but he seems to change his mind a lot. He was probably pretty confused himself, I dont know, but lets not go assuming things.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but lets not go assuming things.

Exactly. That's been my whole point.

Trojan keeps talking about me defending LeBron... in reality I haven't uttered a word in his defense. Just think we shouldn't treat opinions and assumptions like their fact.