• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving trade idea

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an absolute must. If they can't get rid of JR and/or Shump along with trading Kyrie, don't trade him. He's under control for two more years, there's no urgency here.
Would you be comfortable going into the Season with both those guys still on the roster?

I don't know.

But, I agree the Cavs have all the leverage to make the best deal for them.

Kyrie has no choice in destination.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned the Cavs, I'd trade LeBron first. The Knicks would love to have him and once he played in New York, my guess is that he'd want to stay. Problem is that the Cavs want Porzingis and that ain't happenin'. LeBron is gone next year and nothing the Cavs can do can stop it from happening. Get something worthwhile.

Cavs really have to consider a Celtics offer for Kyrie. He'd be the guy in Boston and there would be enough talent around him to let him be the Man. Would work for the Celtics too.

I'll be happy if the Celtics just stick with what they have........football starts Thursday.
I said the same.

But, Lebron has already come out to say he won't waive his NTC for any team.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving and Giannis would be a great duo but I can't see him going to Milwaukee.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an absolute must. If they can't get rid of JR and/or Shump along with trading Kyrie, don't trade him. He's under control for two more years, there's no urgency here.

In the other thread last week, I suggested two versions of the trade for that very reason:

Brogdon/Middleton/Henson for Irving/Shumpert

or

Brogdon/Middleton/Monroe for Irving/JR Smith

Monroe could be a fit with Lebron's slow-down style and is an expiring contract. Henson is a better fit moving forward after Lebron leaves, under team control for two more seasons than Monroe, and at decreasing annual salaries to boot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything in the trade machine work with the Pistons?
I believe Gilbert has some serious financial investments in downtown Detroit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned the Cavs, I'd trade LeBron first. The Knicks would love to have him and once he played in New York, my guess is that he'd want to stay. Problem is that the Cavs want Porzingis and that ain't happenin'. LeBron is gone next year and nothing the Cavs can do can stop it from happening. Get something worthwhile.

Cavs really have to consider a Celtics offer for Kyrie. He'd be the guy in Boston and there would be enough talent around him to let him be the Man. Would work for the Celtics too.

I'll be happy if the Celtics just stick with what they have........football starts Thursday.

Lebron would laugh if you tried to trade him to the Knicks. Given that he has that whole NTC standing in the way.

I'm guessing Lebron wouldn't want to stay in NY, especially since he's in ring hunting mode right now and the Knicks are one of those teams that stand no chance of any serious contention any time soon. All they really have is Porzingis given that Melo's likely going to be shipped out at some point.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how next year plays out. I assume Cavs will be shopping for a few more people. If Rose shows he can stay healthy, Cavs make a few other moves for pieces, Lebron isn't going anywhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not savage, Stormborn.

raw

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to Milwaukee for:
  • Khris Middleton
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Matthew Delledova
I know the Bucks weren't on his preferred teams list, but they're the one team I could think of that has the assets Cleveland would be looking for. The Cavs would instantly become a better defensive ballclub with this move, while Milwaukee would have a young superstar pairing with Giannis that would grow with one another.

I know you're probably thinking that "this trade won't help the Cavs beat GS", and my counterargument would be my usual - There's no trade out there that will help them beat the Warriors.

For that reason^, I think LeBron will retire at some point between now and his 36th birthday in large part because he'll grow tired of losing in the finals.

Really like this trade for both teams.

I also agree with your counterargument. Just because a move doesn't catch a team up to the Warriors, doesn't mean the move shouldn't be made. Teams should still continue to try to improve.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same.

But, Lebron has already come out to say he won't waive his NTC for any team.

I think there are 2 reasons Lebron won't waive his NTC:

1.) He's smart enough to know that for what a team would have to give up to get him, he wouldn't be left with much of a roster around him.

2.) He knows he's not beating the Warriors, so his consolation prize is making life hell for Gilbert before he bounces after the season.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like this trade for both teams.

I also agree with your counterargument. Just because a move doesn't catch a team up to the Warriors, doesn't mean the move shouldn't be made. Teams should still continue to try to improve.

Yep. Warriors have 2 more years of dominance, and if you want to win a title in 2020 you need to start building now, get a team with some playoff experience so they can make it to the top later. And you never know what injuries might happen, maybe the Warriors have some bad luck and become vulnerable.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talked about this scenario last week while you were busy desecrating your Paul George shrine.

Old news, not original.

Certainly not thread worthy.

Well forgive me if I don't actually view the Offseason thread, which to me is nothing more than endless, empty, rambling. (And for wanting the actual basketball discussions to have their own individual threads)

And who's the first person in this thread to mention PC13? :scratch:

Hint: Not me...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Jabbar at 42 or Dikembe Mutombo at 42?
I see him as a pass happy four.

Not the threat to shoulder down drive that he is now. But with more pull to back down. His frame is made for it. And his mindset has always. Even to set his guys up.

I'm 36. Kareem as an old man, in my memory is almost as much a liability as he was an asset.( lanky, slow, borderline scrawny...) And don't get me wrong, that's not what he was as he aged. But that is my memory.

I envision a 38-40 year old BronBron being not an elite talent necessarily. But a wild card that makes a lineup near impossible.

Kyrie and Love still a package option?

I want to see Melo play in Cleveland. Even though banking on Rose to start seems silly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are 2 reasons Lebron won't waive his NTC:

1.) He's smart enough to know that for what a team would have to give up to get him, he wouldn't be left with much of a roster around him.

2.) He knows he's not beating the Warriors, so his consolation prize is making life hell for Gilbert before he bounces after the season.
Its the pre requisite to being a victim also.

You can't be the villain to the same stinky city twice.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Warriors have 2 more years of dominance, and if you want to win a title in 2020 you need to start building now, get a team with some playoff experience so they can make it to the top later. And you never know what injuries might happen, maybe the Warriors have some bad luck and become vulnerable.

Exactly. Also, while the Warriors seem like they all get along really well, we're seeing in Cleveland what can happen if guys start worrying about "credit/whose team it is." Not saying we're likely to see that in GSW, but with all of the "big brother/little brother" talk that was coming from Kyrie previously...I don't think very many, if any, saw this happening in Cleveland either.