• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the object to be able to have court vision and then pass to whoever has the best chance to get the best % shot off?

Well, yes, but it is more than that. I love Conley because he will give the ball up early in the offense and allow things to flow through other guys. Parker is the same way. Many PGs, even the pass first ones don't play that way anymore. My issue with John Wall is that he often holds the ball until a teammate has a shooting opportunity. Sure, his assist numbers look great, but often the offense would flow better with a couple ball reversals. That can't happen if the PG won't give it up early.

If you have a good post player on your team, then of course you use him. My favorite bigs though, are guys who have the skill to step out and face, and hit cutters.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think he legitimately views Kyrie as the ideal PG. I think he is a good 2, but the exact opposite of what you want as a PG.

I doubt he understands the difference.

#oldtimer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he understands the difference.

#oldtimer
there is no difference beside some vision in your head of what you think a point guard should be that is just totally irrelevant to todays NBA.

apparently there is something noble in being a point guard that dribbles the ball up the court and can throw a great entry pass to a big man in the post. lol.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no difference beside some vision in your head of what you think a point guard should be that is just totally irrelevant to todays NBA.

apparently there is something noble in being a point guard that dribbles the ball up the court and can throw a great entry pass to a big man in the post. lol.

Have you actually read anything I have written? Anything?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and the rest of the Cavs won a title because of LeBron.
We've all seen Kyries resume without James on the roster.

Yea Kyries 27 ppg and the game winner had nothing to do with it!

Obviously nobody is going to be better then lebron, but kyrie was the 2nd best player out there on both teams

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are putting words in my mouth. Typical. Calling me an old timer? LOL. That is a first.

I am saying you don't want a ball dominant PG. That is all. Kyrie is the only ball dominant PG in the group, and LeBron plays more point that Kyrie does.

There is no set type of PG you need, but I would argue that whatevet you do have, it better not be a ball dominator. They have had pretty poor track records. In fact, go back as far as you want. I challenge you to find the last ball dominant, scoring PG to win a title before Kyrie. I honestly can't think of a single one. But, I can think of plenty of teams who had mediocre PGs.

When has a pg ever led a team in the last 10 years...It was the same reason i never thought curry leading gs would work...Luckily he has great teammates....the league has always been run by sg/sf type and or a large great center...but the league has moved away from that....it's still run by the sf/sg position tho

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Kyries 27 ppg and the game winner had nothing to do with it!

Obviously nobody is going to be better then lebron, but kyrie was the 2nd best player out there on both teams

I'll simplify for you.
LeBron can win titles without Kyrie.
Kyrie never sniffed the playoffs without LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has a pg ever led a team in the last 10 years...It was the same reason i never thought curry leading gs would work...Luckily he has great teammates....the league has always been run by sg/sf type and or a large great center...but the league has moved away from that....it's still run by the sf/sg position tho

Curry leading Golden State clearly works. Again, because he does not dominate the ball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you actually read anything I have written? Anything?

didnt-read.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Saturday interview, Curry said that his knee "still is not 100%", but that he expects to be ready for training camp.

Hopefully this will put to bed the ridiculous notion that Curry's health had nothing to do with his Finals performance. Cleveland fans want to believe Curry was fully healthy in June, when the reality is that he was playing at between 60 and 70%. Anyone who objectively watched Curry play before and after the injury already knows this to be true, however.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Saturday interview, Curry said that his knee "still is not 100%", but that he expects to be ready for training camp.

Hopefully this will put to bed the ridiculous notion that Curry's health had nothing to do with his Finals performance. Cleveland fans want to believe Curry was fully healthy in June, when the reality is that he was playing at between 60 and 70%. Anyone who objectively watched Curry play before and after the injury already knows this to be true, however.

Curry may never be 100%, get the excuses in early

I guess his knee was also not 100% in his first finals either

What player is 100% anyways by the time the finals role around, stop making excuses...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ridiculous notion that Curry's health had nothing to do with his Finals performance

I don't think its that ridiculous of a notion. I mean, I'm not saying his health wasn't a factor... but I think its possible that it wasn't a huge factor. Who knows.

There's a huge difference between "not being 100%" and playing hurt/injured. No one on the floor is 100% in June.

Curry didn't play his best in the Finals... but you could say the same about him last year. Its not obvious to me that the reason is because he was injured.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What player is 100% anyways by the time the finals role around, stop making excuses...
exactly

Curry scored what? like 20 points in overtime like a month before the Finals started? i mean gmafb.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, apparently you don't watch basketball for shit. Curry actually sprained his MCL in the first round against the Rockets. This has to be one of your most idiotic comments - which is saying a lot. There's no excuse for the Warriors letting the Cavs win, especially since the Cavs had injuries in the first meeting between the two teams. But this explains Curry's mediocre performance.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its that ridiculous of a notion. I mean, I'm not saying his health wasn't a factor... but I think its possible that it wasn't a huge factor. Who knows.

There's a huge difference between "not being 100%" and playing hurt/injured. No one on the floor is 100% in June.

Curry didn't play his best in the Finals... but you could say the same about him last year. Its not obvious to me that the reason is because he was injured.

Yes, no one is "100%" as you pointed out, player's bodies are usually beat up around that time of year having gone through 100+ games. But we're not talking about him being fatigued, sore, etc. He did have a sprained MCL where some thought he may possibly miss the rest of the playoffs at the time his injury occurred against the Rockets. This isn't taking away what the Cavs accomplished, it's more pointing out how Curry's performance was mediocre compared to his standards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, no one is "100%" as you pointed out, player's bodies are usually beat up around that time of year having gone through 100+ games. But we're not talking about him being fatigued, sore, etc. He did have a sprained MCL where some thought he may possibly miss the rest of the playoffs at the time his injury occurred against the Rockets. This isn't taking away what the Cavs accomplished, it's more pointing out how Curry's performance was mediocre compared to his standards.
what was his excuse the previous Finals?

in my experience great players- rise to the occasion- not the opposite.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was his excuse the previous Finals?

in my experience great players- rise to the occasion- not the opposite.

Last Finals Steph averaged:

26.0, 6.3 ast, 5.0 reb, 1.8 stls on 44% shooting and 38.5% from 3.

He was still the best player on the court every game for the Warriors, despite Iguodala winning the MVP.