• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I am done rehashing the same facts over and over.

You can say what you want about 2015. Bottom line, in 2016, Golden State was not close to full strength. It is my opinion that with both teams at 100%, Golden State would win a 7 game series. I believe that to have been as true in 2015 as it was this year.

But, bottom line is that is just opinion because we have not seen it yet.

The thing you Cleveland homers fail to grasp, is that Kyrie and Love are both good players, but their impact on the outcome of games is not nearly what you think it is. Remove ANY of the core pieces from the Warriors and they are impacted significantly. Have their MVP suit up at 65% and their offense goes from unguardable juggernaut to merely very good.

Now, have LeBron play at 75%, and that will have a greater impact on Clevelanf than losing Kyrie entirely. I say that because LeBron really is as good as advertised and the driver of their successes.

You guys can continue thinking what you want, but when every single objective fan takes the other side of the argument, that should say something to you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo

You can say what you want about 2015. Bottom line, in 2016, Golden State was not close to full strength. It is my opinion that with both teams at 100%, Golden State would win a 7 game series. I believe that to have been as true in 2015 as it was this year.

The thing you Cleveland homers fail to grasp, is that Kyrie and Love are both good players, but their impact on the outcome of games is not nearly what you think it is. Remove ANY of the core pieces from the Warriors and they are impacted significantly. Have their MVP suit up at 65% and their offense goes from unguardable juggernaut to merely very good.

Now, have LeBron play at 75%, and that will have a greater impact on Clevelanf than losing Kyrie entirely. I say that because LeBron really is as good as advertised and the driver of their successes.

You guys can continue thinking what you want, but when every single objective fan takes the other side of the argument, that should say something to you.
you also thoughtth e Cavs were the 4th best team in the league and the Cavs would be better off trading Irving...LOL

be gone hater! lol.

Save yourself the trouble and embrace Kyrie as one of the best in the game- because he truly is- it will prevent you from continually embarassing yourself as you did last year ripping him.

after Curry, CP3 and RW- not a better point guard in the game--- right on the VERGE of being a top 10 player.....very close...couldnt possibly keep him outta your top 15 unless you just have hate flowing out of your ears though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo

you also thoughtth e Cavs were the 4th best team in the league and the Cavs would be better off trading Irving...LOL

be gone hater! lol.

Save yourself the trouble and embrace Kyrie as one of the best in the game- because he truly is- it will prevent you from continually embarassing yourself as you did last year ripping him.

after Curry, CP3 and RW- not a better point guard in the game--- right on the VERGE of being a top 10 player.....very close...couldnt possibly keep him outta your top 15 unless you just have hate flowing out of your ears though.

Yeah....no one takes you seriously.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day, Cleveland won and that is all that matters. But, that does not mean they were best in the league last year. It also does not mean they weren't 4th best.

They did not play SA or OKC. They beat GS, but with Curry playing hurt, Green missing a vital game 5, Bogut missing games 6 and 7 and Iggy also hampered during game 5.

Just because Cleveland won, does not prove they were better than SA or OKC. Hell, it doesn't even prove they were better than GS. Even with all that adversity, GS was 1 or 2 plays away from winning the series anyway. Against The version of GS that showed up in games 6 and 7, I don't think anybody would argue that Cleveland wasn't best. Still, that fails to prove what you want it to.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day, Cleveland won and that is all that matters. But, that does not mean they were best in the league last year. It also does not mean they weren't 4th best.

They did not play SA or OKC. They beat GS, but with Curry playing hurt, Green missing a vital game 5, Bogut missing games 6 and 7 and Iggy also hampered during game 5.

Just because Cleveland won, does not prove they were better than SA or OKC. Hell, it doesn't even prove they were better than GS. Even with all that adversity, GS was 1 or 2 plays away from winning the series anyway. Against The version of GS that showed up in games 6 and 7, I don't think anybody would argue that Cleveland wasn't best. Still, that fails to prove what you want it to.

I've said the same thing in the past. Imo this is a case of the better team not winning, which does happen in sports...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GS was closer to full health than the cavs were in 2015

Actually winning the finals does prove you are the best team in the nba...that is how it works..

In a series the best team always wins...we are not talking about football where a team can win 1 fluke game we are talking about a 7 game series where the better team always wins

In reality the cavs should have won both finals vs golden state and be up 2-0, so i could make the argument gs is much luckier to have even won once...

At least when i bring up injuries it has to do with players that actually missed the entire series, not making up some random %....factor in that GS was better last year than the year before i think the much more logical argument would be had Kyrie and kevin love played GS is 0-2 in the finals

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First i don't consider someone objective when in their name it says "Kyrie Hater"

Once again you are going to some weird % that can't be proved one way or another so no point in responding to that as it's illogical

You are also wrong. When we took Kyrie and Love out of the first finals we removed 36 ppg and 15 rebounds....

Cavs are just the better team....and why is that? You answered it yourself...Because lebron is significantly better than anyone on GS...So if lebron has Kyrie and Love (instead of 2 d league scrubs) who you think are not that great i disagree, it is enough for lebron to win and he would have won the first finals with them...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First i don't consider someone objective when in their name it says "Kyrie Hater"

Once again you are going to some weird % that can't be proved one way or another so no point in responding to that as it's illogical

You are also wrong. When we took Kyrie and Love out of the first finals we removed 36 ppg and 15 rebounds....

Cavs are just the better team....and why is that? You answered it yourself...Because lebron is significantly better than anyone on GS...So if lebron has Kyrie and Love who you think are not that great i disagree, it is enough for lebron to win...

You are not worth a discussion because you are 5x more homeristic than Wiggy.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not worth a discussion because you are 5x more homeristic than Wiggy.

Good one, why don't you go make up some more % of how healthy or not healthy a player was to justify your answers lol

Where you a doctor on the team?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldn't you say that about any team that wins a championship ever?

Also didn't OKC lose to GS was curry not hurt then or something? Must have just been hurt during that cavs series right...Now was he 63, 64 or 65% lol...I want to nail down this percentage

Why do you keep making excuses? The only time Curry and GS won Irving and love didn't even play....how bout that?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some of your Kyrie hate Tlance.....so glad he could serve you a big ole shitburger this past June. ;) some of my favorites.

The hate is just stupid. Irving and Love are not that good.

MG. You really are slow. He returned to Clevland. A handpicked team would contain the following:

CP3
Wade
Melo

Not saying that would be a lock to win, but Irving and Love are not LeBron's handpicked running mates. I have been saying all year that Cleveland is not good enough to win.

Nobody thinks the Cavs aren't going to the finals.

The problem is that there are 3 teams in the West who are better. Being the 4th best team in the League is not good enough when LeBron is on the roster.

But, LeBron would flip if the Cavs tried to move Irving, and that is the best way they can get enough assets to enable them to legitimately challenge the Warriors.

I find it a little ironic that Cleveland plays arguably their best game of the season essentially without Kyrie, who missed because he was sleep deprived. Kyrie is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is a ball stopper who does not defend well. As great as he is at scoring in isolation, he only makes the Cavs marginally better.

Cavs record with Kyrie: 21-7
Cavs record without Kyrie: 19-8

That counts the OKC game as being without Kyrie. People assume the Cavs would have had a better shot to beat GS with Irving last year, but think about the matchups for a second. As uneven as Delly was offensively, he did as well guarding Curry as any player I have seen. Who is Irving going to match up with? I promise you he is not shutting Curry down.

Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why.

That is classic

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

All along I have said he is one of the best scorers in the game. That shot proves absolutely nothing, except that he can do his job on the big stage. Let me know when he learns to play team basketball.

Hitting the game winning 3 in the finals on the road in game 7 in your first finals ever and avg 27+ ppg proves nothing? You must have very high standards i would love to hear your thoughts on curry's first finals and his shooting % and defense...Especially considering no one else has done that before

Also if it was so easy just playing with lebron to put up massive numbers how come nobody else has done that and lebron has played with quite a few good players?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting the game winning 3 in the finals on the road in game 7 in your first finals ever and avg 27+ ppg proves nothing? You must have very high standards i would love to hear your thoughts on curry's first finals and his shooting % and defense...Especially considering no one else has done that before

Also if it was so easy just playing with lebron to put up massive numbers how come nobody else has done that and lebron has played with quite a few good players?

It isn't easy to put up numbers with LeBron and I never said it was. Since you have quoted every one of my posts, why don't you go back and check why I said Kyrie is overrated. I will give you a hint: it has nothing to do with his ability to score, which I believe he is among the 3 or 4 best pure scorers in the league.

But, I am not going to discuss any further with you. You actually believe Kyrie is better than Steph. So do whatever you want, but I am not going to waste any more time talking to you because you are easily the worst poster on these boards.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't easy to put up numbers with LeBron and I never said it was. Since you have quoted every one of my posts, why don't you go back and check why I said Kyrie is overrated. I will give you a hint: it has nothing to do with his ability to score, which I believe he is among the 3 or 4 best pure scorers in the league.

But, I am not going to discuss any further with you. You actually believe Kyrie is better than Steph. So do whatever you want, but I am not going to waste any more time talking to you because you are easily the worst poster on these boards.

Why are you so buthurt that someone has a different opinion than yours...

Kyrie has better playoff stats overall than curry overall...although it's only a 34 game sample if that keeps up what do you want me to say...and he averages less turnovers a main component of being a pg....curry plays and 1 sloppy style with almost 5 a game

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron James was legendary, but don’t forget Kyrie Irving’s historic playoff run

When you play like Kyrie Irving, there is always the opportunity for a Game 2 type performance. Looking at the big picture, though, we can take stock of Irving’s playoff performance on the whole. It’s not hyperbole to say that Irving performed at a historically great level, and he did it in his Age-23 season. Only 10 times in the history of the game has a player enjoyed a playoff run where they compiled a true shooting rate over 57 with a (basketball-reference) usage rate over 29%, and a turnover rate lower than 11% in 10 or more games. These are, of course, arbitrary end points and perhaps arbitrary stats to value, but Kyrie Irving finds himself among LeBron James, Michael Jordan (three times), Bernard King, Amare Stoudemire, Shaquille O’Neal, Karl Malone, and Patrick Ewing. Not bad.

Further, these end points give Irving quite a bit of breathing room in terms of usage and turnover rate. You just don’t see guards tasked with creating for themselves scoring with that kind of usage and efficiency against defenses like the Atlanta Hawks and Golden State Warriors very often. With Irving, the tendency is to play down his personal achievements or success by pointing to what his team does when he is or is not on the court. Even here, the Cavs were 9.4 points per 100 possessions better in the playoffs with Irving on the court, and 6.9 points per 100 possessions better with him off. Not a huge change, of course, but remember that the Cavs strategy for most of the playoffs was to let LeBron James work with the 2nd unit against opposing team’s benches. This meant Irving spent time, particularly against the Pistons, trying to hold his own against opposing starting units without James.

Might want to give this a read...

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so buthurt that someone has a different opinion than yours...

Kyrie has better playoff stats overall than curry overall...although it's only a 34 game sample if that keeps up what do you want me to say...and he averages less turnovers a main component of being a pg....curry plays and 1 sloppy style with almost 5 a game

So you ACTUALLY believe Kyrie is better than Curry?