• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people will agree with

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. CP3
with Irving and Lillard fighting for 4 and 5

I don't agree. I am not even sure I can call Irving a point guard. He is a pure scorer who handles the ball a lot. LeBron is the true point guard for the Cavs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. I am not even sure I can call Irving a point guard. He is a pure scorer who handles the ball a lot. LeBron is the true point guard for the Cavs.

That's a good point. guess you could almost call Kyrie an kind-of off 2 guard...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What would your top 3 or 5 be?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would your top 3 or 5 be?
1. Curry

2. Westbrook

3. CP3

4. Kyrie/Wall/Dame

If the reports about Wall and his divaness is correct, the Wiz kids gonna have issues.

But, he is a better POINT GUARD than Kyrie and Dame.

However, they are both better PLAYERS than him.

By virtue of job description, pg's are supposed to set the table and manage the team.

Dame and Kyrie CAN.

But, they are basically short two guards.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you think will be the worst team in the West?--- the Lakers, Nuggets, Suns or Kings?

Tough.

I think it will come down to health and which Teams younglings can step it up the most.

The Kings and Nugs have talent.

But, Sacto is dysfunctional and 75% of Denver's roster spends significant time in a body cast.

The Lakers have some Vets that can keep games respectable.

But, their Season is really dependent of Russell, Randle's taking big steps in their development.

The Suns?

That is Team upside for your ass.

Bender,Chriss, Len, Booker, Ullis have uber upside.

But, will it translate into wins with them being so young?

I say....no.

Not this Season....so, they are my pick.

I would totally trade Knight or Bledsoe.

No way would I put Booker on the bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough.

I think it will come down to health and which Teams younglings can step it up the most.

The Kings and Nugs have talent.

But, Sacto is dysfunctional and 75% of Denver's roster spends significant time in a body cast.

The Lakers have some Vets that can keep games respectable.

But, their Season is really dependent of Russell, Randle's taking big steps in their development.

The Suns?

That is Team upside for your ass.

Bender,Chriss, Len, Booker, Ullis have uber upside.

But, will it translate into wins with them being so young?

I say....no.

Not this Season....so, they are my pick.

I would totally trade Knight or Bledsoe.

No way would I put Booker on the bench.
Booker has to play. HE has star written all over him.

I would move whichever guy you could get more value for- whether it be Knight or Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe more- but he does have injury issues and you would still probably get more for him than Knight------all though- Bledsoes contract isnt bad- like what? 2 years 32 million remaining or something?

Suns do have a lot of intriguing young talent...

I wonder if this is a make or break year for Cousins...like if he just doesnt force his way out if things arent getting better...it kind of feels that way to me- but who knows.

The Nuggets front court is good with Nurkic, Jokic and Faried....that center position in particular is pretty damn good- but you just never win games with young guards....very very rarely anyway....I kind of vacillate between the Nuggets and Lakers for worst west record. Murray and Mudiay definitely have potential - but 2 young guys in the back court will not add up to too many wins.

your right- Lakers with Deng, and hopefully a healthy Mozgov, should at least have a little stability- but with Randle and Russell entering their second years its time to see what they can really do. Both guys need to improve defensively- but there are not many players in the world that can enter the NBA at 19 or 20 and play solid- let alone good defense- so hopefully that comes with time.

when discussing all these young players- you always have to remember that at least half of them will fail. IT would be great if Mudiay, Murray, Russell, Randle, Booker, Chriss, Dragic, etc. all worked out- but history tells us that is just not the case.....itll be interesting to see which of those guys are the guys that make big time impacts- and which guys are rounding out benches 3-4 years from now.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Curry

2. Westbrook

3. CP3

4. Kyrie/Wall/Dame

If the reports about Wall and his divaness is correct, the Wiz kids gonna have issues.

But, he is a better POINT GUARD than Kyrie and Dame.

However, they are both better PLAYERS than him.

By virtue of job description, pg's are supposed to set the table and manage the team.

Dame and Kyrie CAN.

But, they are basically short two guards.

I agree.

CP3 is the best point guard in the NBA, but Curry and Russell are both better players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

CP3 is the best point guard in the NBA, but Curry and Russell are both better players.
CP3 is probably the best PURE point guard in the league- but you are hanging onto and attached to an outdated notion of what a point guard is.

in 2016 Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Derek Rose, Curry, Lillard, Bledsoe, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, etc. are point guards

Rondo, Rubio, Wall, CP, Lowry (maybe), Conley etc. might be more like what you grew up watching--- but the times they are a changing bud.

-not to mention- if you have a point guard who cant shoot a 3- you are behind the 8 ball and BETTER have a big man that can shoot the light out to balance it out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker has to play. HE has star written all over him.

I would move whichever guy you could get more value for- whether it be Knight or Bledsoe. I like Bledsoe more- but he does have injury issues and you would still probably get more for him than Knight------all though- Bledsoes contract isnt bad- like what? 2 years 32 million remaining or something?

Suns do have a lot of intriguing young talent...

I wonder if this is a make or break year for Cousins...like if he just doesnt force his way out if things arent getting better...it kind of feels that way to me- but who knows.

The Nuggets front court is good with Nurkic, Jokic and Faried....that center position in particular is pretty damn good- but you just never win games with young guards....very very rarely anyway....I kind of vacillate between the Nuggets and Lakers for worst west record. Murray and Mudiay definitely have potential - but 2 young guys in the back court will not add up to too many wins.

your right- Lakers with Deng, and hopefully a healthy Mozgov, should at least have a little stability- but with Randle and Russell entering their second years its time to see what they can really do. Both guys need to improve defensively- but there are not many players in the world that can enter the NBA at 19 or 20 and play solid- let alone good defense- so hopefully that comes with time.

when discussing all these young players- you always have to remember that at least half of them will fail. IT would be great if Mudiay, Murray, Russell, Randle, Booker, Chriss, Dragic, etc. all worked out- but history tells us that is just not the case.....itll be interesting to see which of those guys are the guys that make big time impacts- and which guys are rounding out benches 3-4 years from now.

Yup....

I think the Jazz realized they needed to add some Vets and did a good job bringing in guys that won't stunt their young guys growth.

I think we will see the Timberpups thin the herd during the Season.

I wouldn't shell out big money to retain Shabazz, Payne and maybe not Dieng either with Hill and Aldrich on the roster.

They have a relatively low payroll right now. But, they will have no choice but to max Wiggins and KAT and who knows what Lavine could command.

Speaking of payrolls....

Do you know who has the highest at this point in the Summer?

Blazers @ 119.5m

Followed by Detroit, Cleveland, Clippers, Grizz, Dallas....Warriors.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Exactly.

There is a reason that Curry nor Kyrie lead their Teams in assists.

* Curry was close*

Draymond and Bron are the top playmakers and those guys are scorers that can create.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people will agree with

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. CP3
with Irving and Lillard fighting for 4 and 5

Honestly I'm ok with

1. Curry
2. Westbrook/CP3/Irving/Lillard

Probably a couple of other guys that could be in the discussion too.

But when someone says that the reigning 2 time MVP point guard is not even a top 3 point guard you have to assume that the guy simply doesn't understand basketball or his mental faculties are significantly diminished through drugs or violence.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like seriously, who the hell gives a shit if Steph was the NBA's 18th-best player or the 21st best player from three fucking years ago?:L

Apparently Wiggy cares. He was the one who brought it up and then couldn't back up what he posted.

It also seems that you care, since you were the one that felt the need to link to something you wrote 3 years ago in a failed attempt to defend him.

This love affair that you and Wiggy have is really getting kind of creepy. Perhaps you two can do us all a favor take it to the NSFW forum?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does because one adds up 4 years worth and the other adds up 2....So in 2 year 5.4 is more than half of 8.1 last time i checked...

th

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s

Playing point today isn't just about assists and turnovers.

No it isn't. But it should be about running the team offense and getting everybody involved. Many current PGs have no idea how to do that. They are purely pick and roll scorers.

Scoring PGs can be okay as long as other players are getting touches (like in Golden State). Honestly though, this issue is the single biggest problem with today's NBA. Bad point guard play. There are many point guards who are very good players, but hardly any who look to create for others before creating for themsleves. In a team sport, if you don't have 1 guy who is primarily interested in making sure the ball is moving, then team dynamics become really difficult to figure out.

20 years ago, it was easy to point to guys like John Stockton and Jason Kidd as models for what the point guard position should be. Now who is there? Kids want to be Westbrook, Lillard and Curry. They want to score 30. Nobody wants to facilitate ball movement. This leads to more selfish, 1 on 1 play.