• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving is now a...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that wasn't what you said. What you said was "Want me to post career playoff numbers...Irving has curry beat there as well".

I did. Curry has 60% more Winshares in the playoffs than Irving. I don't much care what your new math comes up with.

Yeah because he has played more games...Irving has the better win share tho, which is all that matters

Win share/48 shows win share each year....U lost, give it a rest

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument about kyrie "not leading a team to the playoffs" is an assinine argument.

He only had 3 years pre-LeBron and the first 2 years the Cavs were tanking. I mean give me a break.

For Anthony Bennett?!?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can play this game all night long. Curry is miles better than Irving now. In fact, Irving isn't even amongst the top 3 at his position.

You can always play the age game you want. How many championships did Kobe have at age 23? How many did lebron have?

Light years better with worse stats and got the game winning 3 shot right in his face....LOL

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument about kyrie "not leading a team to the playoffs" is an assinine argument.

He only had 3 years pre-LeBron and the first 2 years the Cavs were tanking. I mean give me a break.

CP3, Durant and LeBron made the playoffs ZERO times their first 2 years in the league as well.

Curry wasn't leading that old cavs teams the playoffs either lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CP3, Durant and LeBron made the playoffs ZERO times their first 2 years in the league as well.

The fact is, we'll never know. If Lebron had joined Curry in any of his years prior, would there be any doubt they wouldn't have made the playoffs or be a contender for the championship? No because that is the greatness of Lebron.

Curry and Kyrie have the same number of years where they didn't make the playoffs. The difference is that in Curry's 4th year he didn't have a player like Lebron join his team. Maybe that's unfair, but will always be so if you're trying to prove the merit of a player. Having to shoulder a burden as Curry has done is far more impressive in the overall scope of the game than Kyrie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in the argument was curry?

Ah right, so you've degraded the discussion to "he was in the argument". And even then, no Kyrie wasn't - that was always going to go to lebron. Without lebron the cavs wouldn't have even made it to the finals.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because he has played more games...Irving has the better win share tho, which is all that matters

Win share/48 shows win share each year....U lost, give it a rest

Chris Paul has the 3rd best WS/48 in NBA history. I guess that makes him better than Lebron James?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, we'll never know. If Lebron had joined Curry in any of his years prior, would there be any doubt they wouldn't have made the playoffs or be a contender for the championship? No because that is the greatness of Lebron.

Curry and Kyrie have the same number of years where they didn't make the playoffs. The difference is that in Curry's 4th year he didn't have a player like Lebron join his team. Maybe that's unfair, but will always be so if you're trying to prove the merit of a player. Having to shoulder a burden as Curry has done is far more impressive in the overall scope of the game than Kyrie.

Ah right, so you've degraded the discussion to "he was in the argument". And even then, no Kyrie wasn't - that was always going to go to lebron. Without lebron the cavs wouldn't have even made it to the finals.

How bout this Kyries 1 finals was better than any of Currys 2 finals performances....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude - you have got to be kidding me- Curry made the playoffs for the first time in his 4th year- which just so happened to be at the age of 25.

Kyrie Irving- unlike Curry- didnt take 3 years to develop in college. He won a CHAMPIONSHIP at the age of 24.

You dont think their is a difference coming into the league at 19 years old, the #1 overall pick and being asked to replace LeBron on a team that is tanking?-

compared to Curry- who came into the league as Montae Ellis' bitch with about 1/10th of the pressure and scrutiny Kyrie had on him- not too MENTION the fact that Curry had 3 extra years of development. Kyrie was thrown to the freaking wolves on a TERRIBLE team. Curry was CODDLED compared to Kyrie's welcome ot the league as a 19 year old kid expected to take over for a living legend.

I absolutely think that by his age 25 season Kyrie Irving could take a team to the playoffs. I just put up a list of the top 25 players in the league- and not one person made a big stink out of having Kyrie Irving in the TOP 10 at the age of 24.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul has the 3rd best WS/48 in NBA history. I guess that makes him better than Lebron James?

Win share on a bad team vs good team makes a difference...I also said i prefer PER and other stats, but no one stat can be used, you have to look at everything

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win share on a bad team vs good team makes a difference...I also said i prefer PER and other stats, but no one stat can be used, you have to look at everything

Top 3 PGs in the league please. Or are you going to do a wiggy and pussy out?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - you have got to be kidding me- Curry made the playoffs for the first time in his 4th year- which just so happened to be at the age of 25.

Kyrie Irving- unlike Curry- didnt take 3 years to develop in college. He won a CHAMPIONSHIP at the age of 24.

You dont think their is a difference coming into the league at 19 years old, the #1 overall pick and being asked to replace LeBron on a team that is tanking?-

compared to Curry- who came into the league as Montae Ellis' bitch with about 1/10th of the pressure and scrutiny Kyrie had on him- not too MENTION the fact that Curry had 3 extra years of development. Kyrie was thrown to the freaking wolves on a TERRIBLE team. Curry was CODDLED compared to Kyrie's welcome ot the league as a 19 year old kid expected to take over for a living legend.

I absolutely think that by his age 25 season Kyrie Irving could take a team to the playoffs. I just put up a list of the top 25 players in the league- and not one person made a big stink out of having Kyrie Irving in the TOP 10 at the age of 24.

So your argument is based on the fact that Kyrie is more naturally talented than Curry right? Kyrie was a phenom recruited to the biggest basketball program in nation. Curry went to some low level D1 school and happened to take that bunch of nobodies to the Elite 8. A guy that was never supposed to even play college ball because NO ONE recruited him.

If you look at things in the grand scheme, Curry shouldn't even be in the NBA. Yet here is an NBA champion and 2 time MVP, because he's worked to get there. That's 1,000x more impressive than someone expected to be there.

So keep comparing the age ranges. That's all well and good. But if you want to keep harping on the age range, keep in mind that Curry wasn't even supposed to be in the NBA.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime Wade, Prime bosh and a prime younger lebron only won 2 titles together

Lebron and Irving already won 1 title....That should tell you how good Irving is...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if anyone on these boards agrees with you.

Most of the people on this board told me the cavs had no chance against any of the teams in the west...