• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray signed

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might of got carried away, but I do feel the plan is restock the roster best they could this year, Ride the season out with Lock and Geno then draft a QB next season. QBs on rookie contracts give a team a big advantage.Have good draft capitol next year and good cap space also. Think that’s the plan. As for Murray we can see how he does going forward, he’s been up and down so far.
It’s a logical plan, and I don’t disagree with it. People get hung up with the total contract value on Murray, If Murry was available to the league, I have a hard time thinking any team that needs a QB would pass up on him. Not because he is the greatest. Because he is 25 and has improved every year with huge upside. He has a lot to prove.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a logical plan, and I don’t disagree with it. People get hung up with the total contract value on Murray, If Murry was available to the league, I have a hard time thinking any team that needs a QB would pass up on him. Not because he is the greatest. Because he is 25 and has improved every year with huge upside. He has a lot to prove.
He's Goff from 4 years ago. ;) :bolt:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the first time I have heard of Goff being compared to Murray. They are like the exact opposite in every way.
Obviously very different playing styles. It was a situational comparison rather than a direct player comparison.

Both #1 picks, both made the ProBowl in each of their 2nd and 3rd seasons, both had very high ceilings and low floors, both had questionable leadership traits, and, (most importantly), both wanted their contracts re-done before year 4. Considering where the cap is in 2022 compared to 2019 it's a similar sort of contract outcome. The Cardinals seem to have written in better safeguards, but then again Murray has spent some time on the injury report lists, (mostly hamstring issues).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously very different playing styles. It was a situational comparison rather than a direct player comparison.

Both #1 picks, both made the ProBowl in each of their 2nd and 3rd seasons, both had very high ceilings and low floors, both had questionable leadership traits, and, (most importantly), both wanted their contracts re-done before year 4. Considering where the cap is in 2022 compared to 2019 it's a similar sort of contract outcome. The Cardinals seem to have written in better safeguards, but then again Murray has spent some time on the injury report lists, (mostly hamstring issues).

The playing styles though to me are what separate when we are talking ceiling and floor levels of the two. Goff was always going to have a bit of a limited game. He benefited from having maybe the best offensive mind in football as his head coach. Covered up a lot of those weaknesses. Murray has the trump card with his legs that makes the ceiling so much higher. I think it lowers his floor as well though because of the injury concern with the extra hits he takes, but I don't think it is as smooth of a comparison as you are making it out to be here.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, dude. I love him. He’s 25 and He’s improved every year.
105 mil. That is all that is guaranteed. Thats chump change in todays nfl for a top half starting QB. The Seahawks would sign him in a heartbeat.
Actually 160mil guaranteed and avg annual salary of 46 mil for a player that hasn't proven much in the back half of seasons. Oh yeah, Seattle would so pony up for that. Keep those homer glasses on.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should had a maturity clause in there too

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be off playing minor league baseball within 2-3 years.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of guys like Vick and Jamarcus Russell--both were famous for not studying film. Vick has come out said that he'd have a ring had he had studied.

The fact that they ahd to put this in the contract means that Murray wasn't watching film up to now--which sounds bizarre for an NFL level QB. Hell that embarrasses him for being lazy and the team for signing a QB that won't watch film (and for leaking the addendum).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question - How do you prove he is or is not studying 4 hours per week?

Comment - the fact that question needs to be asked is a MASSIVE red flag.
Spying The Cw GIF

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is, once his speed slips, even a little, he's not going to have the knowledge other QB's have, that have seen thousands of plays. Not sure if by 31 he will still be leading a team, whereas others might just be getting started (AKA, Brady, Rodgers, ect)