• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray signed

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean fair. OTs aren't too bad - it's just impossible to find them in free agency. DEs are super pricy but IMO 100% worth it and WRs are just beyond insane atm.... I guess since it's a passing league the market for wideouts is at an all time high, but I would not be willing to pay DK Metcalf $30M+ as a Seahawks fan. I know some Seahawks fans may blast me on this, but the guy produced on deep ball routes with the best deep ball QB in the league. His catch to target rate isn't that great as well and while I could argue that was Wilson's/Carroll's doing, when Metcalf is matched up against a good corner he does jack fuck all.

Someone on the Seahawks forum mentioned trading Metcalf to Parsons (Dallas) and whether we should do it, and I was 100% YES on that.
I agree that the WR market is a bit insane relative to how it used to be. Not sure if thats the new normal or not. I know Andy Reid has never really fallen in love with paying WRs. He gets older, his WRs stay the same age.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the WR market is a bit insane relative to how it used to be. Not sure if thats the new normal or not. I know Andy Reid has never really fallen in love with paying WRs. He gets older, his WRs stay the same age.

Yah. I was not shocked at all when the Tyreek trade was made. Reid and Holmgren come from the same school of coaching. Offensive masterminds that require a good TE and WCO style attack, which does not rely on a marquee receiver. Sadly Holmgren never got the Jerramy Stevens production required, but the offense run was still very effective, and Hasselbeck was just not quite the QB that Mahomes is (although Hass had quite possibly one of the best OLs in NFL history).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I legit have to start wondering if teams are going to pull a Seattle and just tank hard to get a good QB for 5 years that is cheap as hell. Tom Brady regularly took huge discounts, and Rodgers/Mahomes/Wilson/etc. have done FUCK all once they got their big money. Herbert and Burrow are on borrowed time before they tank their team lol.

Seems like taking a QB via the draft and retaining for 5 years (with the 5th year option) getting that player super cheap is the way to go.
They should....though not like Seattle came up with this idea. If it works, just need to nail the pick for the QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean fair. OTs aren't too bad - it's just impossible to find them in free agency. DEs are super pricy but IMO 100% worth it and WRs are just beyond insane atm.... I guess since it's a passing league the market for wideouts is at an all time high, but I would not be willing to pay DK Metcalf $30M+ as a Seahawks fan. I know some Seahawks fans may blast me on this, but the guy produced on deep ball routes with the best deep ball QB in the league. His catch to target rate isn't that great as well and while I could argue that was Wilson's/Carroll's doing, when Metcalf is matched up against a good corner he does jack fuck all.

Someone on the Seahawks forum mentioned trading Metcalf to Parsons (Dallas) and whether we should do it, and I was 100% YES on that.
you should, though pretty sure the Dallas FO would be 100% against it. Well, who knows with JJ. someone might need to convince him it would be nuts to make that deal.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6 starters on offense being 30 to 33 Cardinals need to try to win now and riding Colt McCoy or McSorley isn't a viable option and the possible available QBs are not attractive so they had to have Murray. Would of been nice to have a couple of more years to know what you have because Murray is a mixed bag, looking great at times and looking horrible at times, but QBs have so much leverage in the NFL now a days that teams are forced to do things like this.
It’s really only 105 mill fully guaranteed. In todays QB market, that is not bad for a player like Murray.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staring dwayne johnson GIF

I don't think there is any good news for Seattle. They have the worst QB situation in the NFL

That is not a bad thing. The 2023 QB draft is the strongest in years. Pete might not be there to enjoy it, but this is a very good year to tank.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did look really bad at times and the jury is still out on him, but there are a number of teams, Seahawks included, that would have gladly signed him to that deal. That is what the market demands. He has improved every year and his stats in his first 3 years are some of the best in history. No team in the Cards situation would have let him walk.
Seahawks wouldn't have signed Murry

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would have
Why would they give out a 250 million contract for a player that continues to fade in the 2nd half of seasons? I get he's your guy and you love him but Seattle wouldn't hand that out if he was a FA.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would have
Nope. I get tired of folks suggesting every QB who could be obtain would be a target for the Seahawks. Seahawks are going to draft their franchise QB, take advantage of the rookie contract to build a winner. Otherwise they won't of traded RW who is miles better then any available QB and yes that includes Murray who isn't in same zip code and never will be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I get tired of folks suggesting every QB who could be obtain would be a target for the Seahawks. Seahawks are going to draft their franchise QB, take advantage of the rookie contract to build a winner. Otherwise they won't of traded RW who is miles better then any available QB and yes that includes Murray who isn't in same zip code and never will be.

And just another possibility, just throwing it out there, they sign me for a few million to provide safe and high quality masturbation content to these highly tuned athletes. This is not only in line with reducing domestic violence (because guys are jacking off and thus aren't pissed off to begin with) but should increase the sperm donor market, which I've developed a premium business plan for.

I mean all great ideas and stuff. 2023 should be exciting!

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs, DEs, and OTs cost so much right now that you could argue getting rookie versions of those could offset QB contract issues

The Begnals arent a SB contender because they have Burrow on a rookie contract. Its because they have Burrow, Chase and Higgins
Small correction/addition: It's because they have Burrow, Chase, and Higgins all on rookie contracts.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they give out a 250 million contract for a player that continues to fade in the 2nd half of seasons? I get he's your guy and you love him but Seattle wouldn't hand that out if he was a FA.
sure, dude. I love him. He’s 25 and He’s improved every year.
105 mil. That is all that is guaranteed. Thats chump change in todays nfl for a top half starting QB. The Seahawks would sign him in a heartbeat.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story, Crystal ball guy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story, Crystal ball guy.
Might of got carried away, but I do feel the plan is restock the roster best they could this year, Ride the season out with Lock and Geno then draft a QB next season. QBs on rookie contracts give a team a big advantage.Have good draft capitol next year and good cap space also. Think that’s the plan. As for Murray we can see how he does going forward, he’s been up and down so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might of got carried away, but I do feel the plan is restock the roster best they could this year, Ride the season out with Lock and Geno then draft a QB next season. QBs on rookie contracts give a team a big advantage.Have good draft capitol next year and good cap space also. Think that’s the plan. As for Murray we can see how he does going forward, he’s been up and down so far.

Worked for the Seahawks once with Wilson. Obviously means you have to select the right QB that can play like a top-10 guy as a young player. Then spend well to get the right players in place to get the roster over the top. I would say that last part is why the Chargers have been missin the playoffs even with Herbert on a rookie deal. Herbert has played like a top-8 QB in the league but is being held back by some bad coaching and some big name players not showing up as much as they had hoped.

As for the Cardinals I think they were stuck. You don't want to be without a QB, but those guys that are in that 10-15 range for QB rankings are tough to want to pay top tier money. They are good, but they are the ones that need some help and once they get that big contract the margin for error slims big time. Ravens with Flacco is a great example. If you don't win a Super Bowl with them on their rookie deal then the odds are slim to none after the big money kicks in.