• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray is your heisman

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Saban always has to one up Meyer.

Meyer wins 3 NC’s, Saban wins more.

Meyer pays a wife beater to be a coach, Saban one ups him by bringing on a coach who let a player die during conditioning drills.

:behindsofa:
Yet both of them are significantly more accomplished than Harbaugh, and neither will stoop to sleeping with a recruit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet both of them are significantly more accomplished than Harbaugh, and neither will stoop to sleeping with a recruit.

Accomplished as amateur coaches. I completely agree.

More accomplished as a whole?? No. Unless Meyer’s short minor league baseball career and Saban one year as a DB in the MAC are accomplishments to you.:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accomplished as amateur coaches. I completely agree.

More accomplished as a whole?? No. Unless Meyer’s short minor league baseball career and Saban one year as a DB in the MAC are accomplishments to you.:suds:
LOL amateur coaches. They make more than Harbaugh ever did in the NFL. Yes, more accomplished as a whole. Playing careers mean nothing, as none are playing anymore.

When was the last time you weren't trolling? You seem to have dove headfirst into that life now. Looks like the OSU throttling and subsequent B1G title has broken you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL amateur coaches. They make more than Harbaugh ever did in the NFL. Yes, more accomplished as a whole. Playing careers mean nothing, as none are playing anymore.

When was the last time you weren't trolling? You seem to have dove headfirst into that life now. Looks like the OSU throttling and subsequent B1G title has broken you.

You do realize you are the one who commented to me, right?

And did you seriously say a playing career means nothing? Yeah, who’d want to be a player with a chance to win the Heisman when you can be the HC of a player who can win the Heisman.

Who’d want to be a first round NFL draft pick, a nfl pro bowl pick, the AFC offensive player of the year when you can coach players who can actually play the game:L

And once again — yes, being a coach in CFB is a step down from being a coach in the NFL. If the NCAA institutes a draft, salary cap, remove 100 teams and put all the talent on 32 teams — then yes, CFB would be on par with the NFL.

Hence the reason you see the same teams at the top in CFB. Also the same reason you see teams like Alabama playing a ‘top 4’ team in the CFP and they are favored by 2 touchdowns. The teams who can collect the most talent every year win. The bottom feeders will always be the bottom feeders. CFB is as much of a level playing field as a Globetrotters/Washington Generals game

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is a total piece of shit, someone caught him attacking a Bama fan this afternoon. I guess he knows what beat down is coming to him.

tenor.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you are the one who commented to me, right?

And did you seriously say a playing career means nothing? Yeah, who’d want to be a player with a chance to win the Heisman when you can be the HC of a player who can win the Heisman.

Who’d want to be a first round NFL draft pick, a nfl pro bowl pick, the AFC offensive player of the year when you can coach players who can actually play the game:L

And once again — yes, being a coach in CFB is a step down from being a coach in the NFL. If the NCAA institutes a draft, salary cap, remove 100 teams and put all the talent on 32 teams — then yes, CFB would be on par with the NFL.

Hence the reason you see the same teams at the top in CFB. Also the same reason you see teams like Alabama playing a ‘top 4’ team in the CFP and they are favored by 2 touchdowns. The teams who can collect the most talent every year win. The bottom feeders will always be the bottom feeders. CFB is as much of a level playing field as a Globetrotters/Washington Generals game
Being a player is irrelevant, considering I commented on Harbaugh as a coach. But cling to that, just like you desperately cling to the michigan wins from before the forward pass was legal in regards to them being nationally relevant.

Good point about the pros, the Patriots bring a ton of parity to the NFL.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is a total piece of shit, someone caught him attacking a Bama fan this afternoon. I guess he knows what beat down is coming to him.

tenor.gif
Lol at the bitch running away from a midget. :D

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a player is irrelevant, considering I commented on Harbaugh as a coach. But cling to that, just like you desperately cling to the michigan wins from before the forward pass was legal in regards to them being nationally relevant.

Good point about the pros, the Patriots bring a ton of parity to the NFL.

If the NFL were like CFB — the Patriots would win a super bowl and then be given the #1 pick in the draft.

Alabama literally had the number 1 recruiting class for like a decade and you want to talk about parity. Bama played a team this year that they were favored by 50 points. Yeah — CFB is a level playing field.:pound:

And you literally said Saban and Meyer were ‘signifigantly more accomplished’ than Harbaugh — I just agreed, if you are talking CFB, but when Meyer and Saban were coaching — Harbaugh was being named the MVP of the B1G, finishing 3rd in the Heisman, getting drafted in the first round in the NFL, was a pro bowl player, was named the AFC player of the year, etc.

So more accomplished? CFB coaching, yeah. As a whole. No. Saban and Meyer would trade their coaching careers to have the success Harbaugh had as a player in college and the NFL, because their egos would take individual success over team success.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL were like CFB — the Patriots would win a super bowl and then be given the #1 pick in the draft.

Alabama literally had the number 1 recruiting class for like a decade and you want to talk about parity. Bama played a team this year that they were favored by 50 points. Yeah — CFB is a level playing field.:pound:

And you literally said Saban and Meyer were ‘signifigantly more accomplished’ than Harbaugh — I just agreed, if you are talking CFB, but when Meyer and Saban were coaching — Harbaugh was being named the MVP of the B1G, finishing 3rd in the Heisman, getting drafted in the first round in the NFL, was a pro bowl player, was named the AFC player of the year, etc.

So more accomplished? CFB coaching, yeah. As a whole. No. Saban and Meyer would trade their coaching careers to have the success Harbaugh had as a player in college and the NFL, because their egos would take individual success over team success.
Both Bama and the Pats have 5 titles in the 2000s. Irrelevant to this conversation anyhow.

Congrats to Harbaugh for his mediocre playing and coaching career. His overall accomplishments don't remotely compare to Saban and Meyer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Bama and the Pats have 5 titles in the 2000s. Irrelevant to this conversation anyhow.

Congrats to Harbaugh for his mediocre playing and coaching career. His overall accomplishments don't remotely compare to Saban and Meyer.

As I said — Both Saban and Meyer would give up every year of coaching to have lived Harbaugh life as a player.

One thing all three have is enormous egos. Individual success would be the choice 100 out of 100 times.

As the saying goes — Those who can, play. Those who can’t, coach. Harbaugh was able to do both.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said — Both Saban and Meyer would give up every year of coaching to have lived Harbaugh life as a player.

One thing all three have is enormous egos. Individual success would be the choice 100 out of 100 times.

As the saying goes — Those who can, play. Those who can’t, coach. Harbaugh was able to do both.
LMAO, no, no they wouldn't. Why would they trade being all-time elite head coaches for the chance to be a mediocre player and mediocre coach? Doesn't make any sense, and individual success as a coach is just as valid as it is for a player.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, no, no they wouldn't. Why would they trade being all-time elite head coaches for the chance to be a mediocre player and mediocre coach? Doesn't make any sense, and individual success as a coach is just as valid as it is for a player.

Yeah — every kid dreams of one day being.......a coach. I bet Saban and Meyer would stand on the sideline as kids and yell plays to their friends. Then celebrate when their friends led a game winning TD drive.

And it is humorous to hear you call someone who was named to all American teams, was MVP of the B1G, finished 3rd in the Heisman, was drafted in the 1st round, was a pro bowler in the NFL, was named the AFC offensive player of the year and played in the NFL for like 15 years.

If that is mediocre — what do you call the life of Saban and Meyer prior to becoming HC’s?

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a 6 win team and in 4 years, turned them into a 6 win team at MSU. He had one season he won 9 games and left in the middle of the night after telling his players he wasn’t going anywhere.

Coaches at MSU who were much more successful than Saban in their 1st 5 years. George Perles — he won the B1G and the Rose Bowl. Mark Dantonio — he won the B1G and a BCS game. Nick Saban won.........nothing in FIVE YEARS. Not even a bowl game. He was 0-3 and lost by an average of 21+ ppg.

Know your football history before piping in.:suds:

WHAT? He went 9-7 in the NFL? What did he win? How did he do in the playoffs? Year 2 — the team must have made a huge jump with Saban as coach. How did he do?

Saban jumped ship back to his safe zone in the SEC where he has all his built in advantages. It is why I’ve said — great coach.......in the SEC. Outside the SEC — he had 7 years to prove his worth. He was 0 for 5 winning the B1G. He was 0 for 3 winning a bowl game. He was 0 for 2 winning his division in the NFL and 0 for 2 in even making the playoffs in the NFL.

I like how Saban always has to one up Meyer.

Meyer wins 3 NC’s, Saban wins more.

Meyer pays a wife beater to be a coach, Saban one ups him by bringing on a coach who let a player die during conditioning drills.

:behindsofa:
You're a real special type of Saban-hater, huh? The guy has won at every college program he's coached at and is now the standard-bearer for all of CFB. I mean, did he fart on your Pop-Tart or are you just one of those 'tards that shit-talks Saban because you're "bored" of seeing Alabama win all the time?

Durkin also was nowhere near the location in which his strength and conditioning coach exercised a player to death. Just saying...

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CU was the taint of the Big XII, as they are in the Pac 12. CU makes far less $$$ now than what they would be making in the Big 12 and that’s not a good thing for their broke as fuck athletic department.
You may be confusing my beloved University with The Longhorn Network. Buffs took in over $30M in revenue from the Pac 12 this year. Thanks for playing.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's "CU" in ****. As in, "you're an uninteresting ****".

My, my, my, such an angry young man you are.

You must have either been drunk or seriously jimmied up, to post that angry little tidbit at 1:30 in the morning, LMFAO!

Would you like a mulligan, young man?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a real special type of Saban-hater, huh? The guy has won at every college program he's coached at and is now the standard-bearer for all of CFB. I mean, did he fart on your Pop-Tart or are you just one of those 'tards that shit-talks Saban because you're "bored" of seeing Alabama win all the time?

Durkin also was nowhere near the location in which his strength and conditioning coach exercised a player to death. Just saying...

Uhhhh — Saban won absolutely nothing at MSU. He didn’t win a B1G title, he didn’t even win a single bowl game (he was actually 0-3 and lost by an average of 21 ppg) and in 5 years, his record was 34-25.

In Miami — once again, he won nothing. He had a 15-17 record, never won his division, never won his conference and didn’t even make the playoffs.

This discussion has been had already on here — you must be new.

Saban is an all time great, if you put him in the SEC where he has all the built in advantages and the lax academic standards. Did you know in his 5 years at MSU, twice as many players were suspended for academics than in 17 years in the SEC?!? We know it isn’t due to the fact players are smarter in the SEC, as the B1G has a higher standard recruits must meet.

If you want to say Saban is the best recruiter?!? No doubt. That’s why the SEC is perfect for him (they have by far the richest recruiting grounds) and why he immediately left the NFL. All his advantages were gone in the NFL.

But if 7 years outside the SEC with 49-42 record and no division titles, no conference titles, no Bowl wins and no playoff appearances is winning everywhere — who am I to argue?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah — every kid dreams of one day being.......a coach. I bet Saban and Meyer would stand on the sideline as kids and yell plays to their friends. Then celebrate when their friends led a game winning TD drive.

And it is humorous to hear you call someone who was named to all American teams, was MVP of the B1G, finished 3rd in the Heisman, was drafted in the 1st round, was a pro bowler in the NFL, was named the AFC offensive player of the year and played in the NFL for like 15 years.

If that is mediocre — what do you call the life of Saban and Meyer prior to becoming HC’s?
Yet nobody remembers Harbaugh for his playing days, as hard as you want to push it. People know him as a zany coach, and his legacy as of now is colossal underachievement at his alma mater after an absurd amount of fanfare.

Wouldn't shock me if Saban and Meyer yelled plays to their friends. They're both natural born leaders, but they also were athletes. Harbaugh was a better player, Saban and Meyer are exponentially better coaches. They wouldn't trade that, but good try.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet nobody remembers Harbaugh for his playing days, as hard as you want to push it. People know him as a zany coach, and his legacy as of now is colossal underachievement at his alma mater after an absurd amount of fanfare.

Wouldn't shock me if Saban and Meyer yelled plays to their friends. They're both natural born leaders, but they also were athletes. Harbaugh was a better player, Saban and Meyer are exponentially better coaches. They wouldn't trade that, but good try.

College coaches — you continue to forget to put that part in.

Harbaugh already proved he is a MUCH better NFL coach than Saban, and Meyer wouldn’t even attempt to bring his gimmick offense to the NFL. He isn’t dumb.

And I agree — they probably were yelling plays from the sideline — not because of being natural born leaders though, but because they couldn’t hack it as players.

And if you don’t think with the enormous egos coaches like Saban and Meyer have that they wouldn’t trade individual success as a player — you are crazy. No one dreams of being a coach as a kid. They dream of playing in college, getting drafted in the NFL, etc.

If they were told, you can be HS star QB, a D1 QB who gets named to all American teams, finish top 3 in the Heisman, be a first round NFL draft pick, be named to a pro bowl, be named conference player of the year and throw for 26,000 yards and 130 tds, while running for almost 3,000 yards and 18 tds in your career.

Saban and Meyer wouldn’t hesitate to trade spots.