• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyler Murray is your heisman

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep telling yourself that as Tua competes for his second NC in 2 years.

Did you know that Tua had more Touchdown passes than incompletions?

That stat alone kind of makes you look foolish as you wallow in the misery of defeat while screaming “yeah but.....”.

El O Freakin El.

I dont know why anyone is saying Tua isn''t a good QB. Did he deserve the Heisman, sure he did, just as much as Murray. However, you still need to consider how good the offense would be without Tua or Murray. Bama is built with balance and and Hurst is a damn good QB as well, bama wouldn't have missed a beat with either one of them, see SEC championship game. Murray came out of no where and surprised everyone. A majority of real OU fans with any common sense did not see Murray coming out like he did and being the play-maker he is, we knew he was good but no one really expected how good. Oklahoma has a backup QB right now who hasn't really played anything or shown anything that would make us believe he will be worth it next year. Next year will defiantly be interesting with Rattler coming in. But, OU's offenses would have not been the same without Murray. His ability to make plays and the fact he has a hell of an arm gave him the Heisman votes he needed to win it.

Bama fans, stop worrying about who won the Heisman, it was two great QBs and only one could win. You have the NC game coming up. You should be more hyped and ready for that then still discussing who won the Heisman. Its just petty in my eyes.

On a side note, the Heisman winner and that offense did put up more points and yards than any other team against the big Bama defense. So you should learn to give credit where credit is due, instead of continuing to cry about something that is now the past.
It-Doesnt-Matter-Its-In-The-Past-Lion-Kings-Rafiki-Quote-Gif.gif

sanction

Bama Don’t Care
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why anyone is saying Tua isn''t a good QB. Did he deserve the Heisman, sure he did, just as much as Murray. However, you still need to consider how good the offense would be without Tua or Murray. Bama is built with balance and and Hurst is a damn good QB as well, bama wouldn't have missed a beat with either one of them, see SEC championship game. Murray came out of no where and surprised everyone. A majority of real OU fans with any common sense did not see Murray coming out like he did and being the play-maker he is, we knew he was good but no one really expected how good. Oklahoma has a backup QB right now who hasn't really played anything or shown anything that would make us believe he will be worth it next year. Next year will defiantly be interesting with Rattler coming in. But, OU's offenses would have not been the same without Murray. His ability to make plays and the fact he has a hell of an arm gave him the Heisman votes he needed to win it.

Bama fans, stop worrying about who won the Heisman, it was two great QBs and only one could win. You have the NC game coming up. You should be more hyped and ready for that then still discussing who won the Heisman. Its just petty in my eyes.

On a side note, the Heisman winner and that offense did put up more points and yards than any other team against the big Bama defense. So you should learn to give credit where credit is due, instead of continuing to cry about something that is now the past.

I never was worried about it. Happy your guy won it.

You might want to tell some of your fan mates to let it go.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray took Oklahoma from having a #1 Offfense in 2017 to having a #1 offense in 2018.
Tua took Alabama from having the #12 Offense in 2017 to having the #2 offense in 2018.

And when Murray finally played a good defense, he didn't look good.

Alabama fans aren't impressed with his stats because it was 28-0 and Alabama straight up shut it down. Oklahoma fans sound like Texas fans in 2009 when they tried to claim they were making some kind of comeback with Gilbert Grape. No, what happened was the other team realized you were shit and started taking it easy.

Alabama attempted a total of only 10 passes the entire 2nd half. You straight up got treated like a cupcake bitch team.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray took Oklahoma from having a #1 Offfense in 2017 to having a #1 offense in 2018.
Tua took Alabama from having the #12 Offense in 2017 to having the #2 offense in 2018.

Alabama fans aren't impressed with his stats because it was 28-0 and Alabama straight up shut it down. Oklahoma fans sound like Texas fans in 2009 when they tried to claim they were making some kind of comeback with Gilbert Grape. No, what happened was the other team realized you were shit and started taking it easy.

Alabama attempted a total of only 10 passes the entire 2nd half. You straight up got treated like a cupcake bitch team.
I literally expected Hurts to start the 2nd half, especially since Tua was 2 weeks out from ankle surgery and wasn't 100% and the NCG was all but a given at that point.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"KYLER MURRAY (2018)

Kyler Murray made history when he was named the Sooners' seventh Heisman Trophy winner.

By winning the 2018 version of college football's most prestigious individual honor, Murray vaulted OU to a tie for the lead — with Notre Dame and Ohio State — for the most Heisman Trophies won.

With Baker Mayfield earning the trophy a year prior, OU also became the first school to produce back-to-back Heisman winners who were quarterbacks.

Oklahoma is just the fourth school with back-to-back Heisman winners. The others were Ohio State (Archie Griffin in 1974 and '75), Army (Felix "Doc" Blanchard and Glenn Davis in 1945 and '46) and Yale (Larry Kelley and Clinton Frank in 1936 and '37). With Murray's victory, the Sooners won four Heisman Trophies in 16 years. Including OU, only four schools have won more than three Heismans in the history of the award."

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically you are saying that your defense didnt want to be there again allowing OU to put up 34 points and 400+ yards? Once again, like the douche you are, you attempt at pretending Bama is untouchable. Bama is good, don''t get me wrong, they have a great defense and shut OU down early, but come on be real and quit jerking the elephant off, your defense gave up many yards and points to a top end Offense. And once again, had OU had a defense that was worth a fuck we would of kept it a lot closer if not won that game. But yea, your to fucking retarded to use common sense. Everyone knows OU''s defense is straight garbage and couldn't stop a fucking H.S. team. But you suck so much elephant pole you cant give credit where credit is due. Go eat another elephant pecker. You are whats wrong with bama fans, and i even like Alabama. Sometimes i wonder if you even understand football from half the dumb ass shit you post.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally expected Hurts to start the 2nd half, especially since Tua was 2 weeks out from ankle surgery and wasn't 100% and the NCG was all but a given at that point.

I was honestly surprised he played at all. He looked good after the surgery and i wish him the best in the future.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua could very well win the Heisman next year...but this year, the competition was just too stiff for him to overcome.

BOOMER!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying that your defense didnt want to be there again allowing OU to put up 34 points and 400+ yards? Once again, like the douche you are, you attempt at pretending Bama is untouchable. Bama is good, don''t get me wrong, they have a great defense and shut OU down early, but come on be real and quit jerking the elephant off, your defense gave up many yards and points to a top end Offense. And once again, had OU had a defense that was worth a fuck we would of kept it a lot closer if not won that game. But yea, your to fucking retarded to use common sense. Everyone knows OU''s defense is straight garbage and couldn't stop a fucking H.S. team. But you suck so much elephant pole you cant give credit where credit is due. Go eat another elephant pecker. You are whats wrong with bama fans, and i even like Alabama. Sometimes i wonder if you even understand football from half the dumb ass shit you post.

Alabama isn't untouchable. We barely got by Georgia and you are going to see a hell of a battle when we play Clemson in a week. Because both those teams

Just because Oklahoma wasn't shit doesn't mean all teams ain't shit. You guys sat around talking nothing but trash for the past month and now your sucking your shitty thumb trying to find moral victories. Tua wasn't good, Murray was a once in a generation QB and all that ignorant shit.

And I even liked Oklahoma. Fuck your punk ass team and program is pretty much how I feel now after the past month though.

If Oklahoma had a defense and if Colt hadn't got hurt, you bitches just wouldn't have anymore excuses.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama isn't untouchable. We barely got by Georgia and you are going to see a hell of a battle when we play Clemson in a week. Because both those teams

Just because Oklahoma wasn't shit doesn't mean all teams ain't shit. You guys sat around talking nothing but trash for the past month and now your sucking your shitty thumb trying to find moral victories. Tua wasn't good, Murray was a once in a generation QB and all that ignorant shit.

And I even liked Oklahoma. Fuck your punk ass team and program is pretty much how I feel now after the past month though.

If Oklahoma had a defense and if Colt hadn't got hurt, you bitches just wouldn't have anymore excuses.

Funny, i dont remember talking shit, and im not sucking my thumb trying to find moral victories, we got beat hands down. I wont deny that fact. And woulda coulda shouldas' dont win victories. But you act like we believed our defense was gonna stop anyone. Maybe you should try a different tactic.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, i dont remember talking shit, and im not sucking my thumb trying to find moral victories, we got beat hands down. I wont deny that fact. And woulda coulda shouldas' dont win victories. But you act like we believed our defense was gonna stop anyone. Maybe you should try a different tactic.

Not looking for moral victories?

Right...tell me more about how I won't give credit where credit is due.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year Kyler!
FrequentTemptingIguana-small.gif

Enjoy that trophy and your millions of dollars!

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, OU shit the bed the first quarter, no doubt, but unlike Notre Dame, they didn't fold the tent up and go home, either.

And no matter how you want to measure it, Murray had about as good of a game as did Tua. His running ability is what sets him apart from Tua, in my own humble opinion.

Tua is damn good, never have said or implicated he wasn't, but I'd still take Murray over him, in the long run.
Lincoln Riley's burner account

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama produces NC's. OU produces Heisman QB's. I'd rather have the NC's.

Most of the Bama fans are decent, just as most the OU fans are. Sure, you'll have trolls in any fan base. I truly didn't think OU would win this one, but hoped they would. Bama was better and won. OU gets to watch the NCG from the sidelines again, while Bama gets to participate. Hopefully OU can show improvement on D and be competitive on that side of the ball in the future. For fans other than Clemson or Bama(aka team SEC), things have become stagnant. There was a time when OU was in that positiion, but only us oldtimers remember back then. :yo: