• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe shocking the world

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU ARE RIGHT MONTSHOT !

Sorry Trip7 . ACL is different from Achilles. 2 different injuries. ACL is in the knee and the Achilles is literally part of your ankle/heel.

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION--MONTSHOT
I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MED-SCHOOL...:lol: MOONSHOT..:lol:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you PLEASE take a moment and forward this to Kobe?

I am sensing that Kobe will be in the top 3 for MVP next season.

I just did.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you PLEASE take a moment and forward this to Kobe?

I am sensing that Kobe will be in the top 3 for MVP next season.

'Nique came back strong from an Achilles tear. That was almost two decades ago. With better medicine and training, I think Kobe can come back and still be a very good player. It will be a shame otherwise. He finally got his knees healthy and had the lift back which he was missing for a couple of seasons.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Nique came back strong from an Achilles tear. That was almost two decades ago. With better medicine and training, I think Kobe can come back and still be a very good player. It will be a shame otherwise. He finally got his knees healthy and had the lift back which he was missing for a couple of seasons.
Kobe is in no danger of falling off a cliff production wise. He will lose some explosiveness but he will adjust. As a scorer you find ways to score. Kobe has impeccable footwork so look for him to be on the block much more and also the midrange game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION--MONTSHOT
I HAVE TO GO BACK TO MED-SCHOOL...:lol: MOONSHOT..:lol:
Only reason i know is because I tore my meniscus and was relieved it wasn't my ACL

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meniscus is bad enough. friend of mine tore his when we were balling a few years back. not a fun injury...
I had to stop balling for about a year. I still play on it now but I limit myself to only 2-3 full court games or else I cant walk on it for a week!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to stop balling for about a year. I still play on it now but I limit myself to only 2-3 full court games or else I cant walk on it for a week!

i feel ya. worse i did was break a finger trying to get a pass. before that i'd never broken a bone in my life. could've done without the experience...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fortunate, never suffered a knee injury!! My ankles are pretty well shredded for losing count on the number of times I've sprained them, but with what I've seen from a couple of friends who had serious knee injuries, I'll take my ankles all day and consider myself blessed!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being old takes care of that for me!!:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is in no danger of falling off a cliff production wise. He will lose some explosiveness but he will adjust. As a scorer you find ways to score. Kobe has impeccable footwork so look for him to be on the block much more and also the midrange game.

Yeah, this was the concession that he was already starting to make as an "old guy" (much like MJ later in his career)!! He'll just have to accelarate that process!!

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Scared of what exactly? A team that will be fishing within the first 2 weeks of the playoffs

The Laker mystique?! Come on...2nd best team in LA, 3 or 4th in their own division. Scared??? :wtf2:Come on. The Heat are the best franchise in basketball over the last 7 years. LA may reload, but they won't with a 35 year old who is recovering with the aide of "modern medicine".

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being old takes care of that for me!!:lol:
Somehow my brain still thinks I'm 22. I still give the 20 yr olds a run cause your jumper is the last to go. Its only when I'm iced up after taking some Advil that reality sinks in!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am scared of the lakers. mortified. think about it guys.. be honest. the last team to go to 3 straight finals and win the last two was the lakers back in 2010. Could we be on their path? Could we be irrelevant first round playoff fodder in just 2 short years? :laugh3:

Actually, that is a very realistic possibility. If Lebron opts to leave in 2014, the Heat will look almost exactly like the Lakers do now.

And no, the Lakers are not relevant as far as being a contender because they opted to ride with D'Antoni over Howard. Howard may not ever get back to being the dominant player that we was in 2011 and before, but he will have a much better chance in Houston than he ever had with D'Antoni coaching him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope UFA's say no to LA after next season. I doubt they will though. I remember Jerry West telling Bill MacDonald in an interview that tough times can come to any organization. The Lakers have been the model franchise for so long. It would be fun to see how their fans react to having a bad team. I don't know if they could handle it.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that is a very realistic possibility. If Lebron opts to leave in 2014, the Heat will look almost exactly like the Lakers do now.

And no, the Lakers are not relevant as far as being a contender because they opted to ride with D'Antoni over Howard. Howard may not ever get back to being the dominant player that we was in 2011 and before, but he will have a much better chance in Houston than he ever had with D'Antoni coaching him.

No they won't, not even close.

First, you say it in your first sentence of your second paragraph. The management is why LA will be irrelevant. The Heat have Riley, the guy who helped bring LA rings in the 80s.

Second, Wade and Bosh are not Kobe. Nobody on our team is going to say, I am 80, in a wheel chair and this is MY TEAM!! Every play is going to run through ME ME ME!!! Who is going to be a super arrogant prick on the Heat?

Thirdly, back to your first statement, hate or like him he is becoming quite a decent coach and is far superior to D'Antoni because he can adapt.

Fourthly, Bosh is so underrated!!! You think he just forgot how to drop 25 and grab 10 a night? Yea right. When Wade and/or LBJ are out of the lineup he shines. They would not even need to bring anyone else in right away and they would be a top 6 seed and likely come out of the first round. And Bosh isn't opting out of $20m a year, believe that.

The Heat with out LBJ would still be a playoff team. The Lakers are in worse shape because they have Kobe, D'Antoni and the management who dropped the Howard ball.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recovery was initially expect to be a conservative nine months. He'll be back to 100% in a matter of weeks.

Could the Lakers be Western Conference contenders now that they've had the cancerous tumor removed? :omg:

Kobe is showing to Derek Rose that if 100%, help your team out instead of a when will I return game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tlance I agree on paper they would look similar, they would have a euro style F-C and an aging injured SG.

After that though they have a ton of pieces and management that has proved to be very competent where it has not been proven in LA recently. Also their F-C and SG are both in much better condition than the Lakers.